• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Who here uses 30G needles?

TSLexi

Bluelighter
Who here uses 30G needles to shoot up? They're so painless and comfortable. Why don't more people use them?

And why do people use insulin syringes instead of TB syringes?

Thanks!

Availability mostly I would assume. I only used 30g for tiny palm and wrist veins. Always had trouble with them clogging when used for larger veins. 25g with 3mL luer lock syringes was my preference (also what was most available).

I prefer 30 gauge long tip needles of the Easy Touch brand but at the same time I have no problem using a 27 gauge Terumo syringe because thats what is most common in my area because that is what they give out at needle exchanges because they are the cheapest I guess

mainly it comes down to how sharp is the needle, if its brand new I feel comfortable using anything reasonable that wouldnt be used on a horse to put it down

Cool. So why do people use insulin syringes when you can buy TB syringes online for like $0.25/unit?

because Insulin syringes have longer needles and are meant to be put deeper into your body than TB syringes, therefore making it easier for someone with hard to hit veins (actually, just easier in general regardless of your vein status) to shoot up properly than a TB syringe

reason 2 (although this one is pretty minute as people arent stupid): it makes a little more sense to be carrying a syringe used to inject Insulin than one used to test for Tuberculosis (a disease which most civilized people are inoculated for at an early age). Needles are needles regardless, so your mileage may vary with this reason

reason 3: because they both work and Insulin syringes are easier to obtain. There's a reason they call them "works". Id shoot up with a computer thermal paste applicator if it did the job and was somehow possible. I just want it to work

if that clears it up

TB syringes use a proper mL scale, unlike insulin syringes. Also, I can easily inject IV using a 0.5" 30G needle. Most insulin needles I've seen are way too short.

youve obviously got long tips then.

i prefer the 27g terumo that are given out at my exchange. its just personal preference.

I'd rather buy my rigs online, because the needle exchange is two hours away.

How do I properly dispose of a sharps container? Take it to the pharmacy?

Idk, I always considered a cap on them and a gas station trash can to be the same difference as a sharps container

I stopped shooting years ago but for the record. Tuberculosis syringes have a void between the plunger and needle do to the fact TB syringes (for the most part/all ive seen) have luer slip tips. This means there is more than 10 units left in the syringe when the plunger is fully depressed no big deal if you are using a lot of water but say on a .25 ml shot only .15 is actually going in. Some people using TB syringes leave a air bubble at the plunger end of a TB syringe so they can get most of the drug out. Insulin syringes are flush plunger with fixed needles, the only thing left is what's in the needle it self. If you look at picture of the 2 side by side you will see what i mean. if you have found fixed needle TB syringes then that would be apples to apples comparison. I will say a good TB syringe has better action though. (easier plunger movement.) If you are pulling your drug from a vial Tb syringes are a must though otherwise you're dulling your needle when you poke the vial first. When i was shooting from Demerol vials back in the day, TB syringes were all i i used so i could poke the vial with a 25 g needle then switch to whatever size i needed depending on injection site. Tb syringes also have the added benefit of if you miss a vein you can replace the needle without having to shoot your stash into a separate rig. I used the bubble trick ( leaving a air bubble between plunger and liquid to get the full dose. (caution shooting air in your veins is not good small bubbles are not a problem but doing it constantly just increases risks.