• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Who here is on Methadone and is/has used MDMA on it?

Echotango

Bluelighter
Anyone who is on a dose of 90MG of Methadone or higher I'm wondering how many people have used MDMA on Methadone Maintenance Therapy/Chronic Pain Treatment and used MDMA.

I'm asking because Methadone is a Serotonin Transporter according the thread I read.

Someone claimed to have got Serotonin Syndrome from "2 Potent MDMA Pills and 40MG Methadone" Posts doesn't specify if 40mg but Doses at 30MG have been reported to cause Serotonin Syndrome but not from use with MDMA. I'm coming here for Anecdotes about people that used MDMA and whether they got any horrible negative effects or know anyone who had got them with the same dose and batch they used togethe etc. etc. etc.

Madd Dogg Bluelight User said that it is VERY UNSAFE to use MDMA with Methadone or any other Serotonin Transporter Drug.

Hmm I have never heard anyone describe methadone as having sufficient serotonergic activity to cause serotonin syndrome/serotonin toxicity. If this was a serious concern you would think prescribing of SSRIs would be contraindicated in methadone patients - and it isn't - I have known many methadone maintenance patients who are also taking SSRI medications (myself included) and I have never heard anyone mention a risk of SS. I have also taken DXM while on methadone with no issues.

I will have to look into this and see if there is any truth to it

Anyone who is on a dose of 90MG of Methadone or higher I'm wondering how many people have used MDMA on Methadone Maintenance Therapy/Chronic Pain Treatment and used MDMA.

I'm asking because Methadone is a Serotonin Transporter according the thread I read.

Someone claimed to have got Serotonin Syndrome from "2 Potent MDMA Pills and 40MG Methadone" Posts doesn't specify if 40mg but Doses at 30MG have been reported to cause Serotonin Syndrome but not from use with MDMA. I'm coming here for Anecdotes about people that used MDMA and whether they got any horrible negative effects or know anyone who had got them with the same dose and batch they used togethe etc. etc. etc.

Madd Dogg Bluelight User said that it is VERY UNSAFE to use MDMA with Methadone or any other Serotonin Transporter Drug.

Are you asking because you're thinking of taking MDMA on methadone, or have you recently had MDMA?

Simply put: no, methadone and MDMA is not going to cause serotonin syndrome.

I never mentioned Serotonin Syndrome in my Thread Title for this reason which their is Methadone and SSRI cases of Serotonin Syndrome since everyone is more sensitive to it than others. I'm assuming both of you have been on Methadone or are on Methadone and have used MDMA or used MDMA on Methadone if not it's kind of a moot point these Posts? It is not at all what I was asking about in my Subject Title!?

What I DID ASK for was simply about anyone who is on Methadone for pain or for Methadone Maintenance Therapy or just anyone who was on Methadone that used MDMA. Never asked about Serotonin Syndrome I only put it in this thread as a context for my Title question and reason behind it FOR THE RECORD!

As for Dextromethorphan use and Methadone I came across this during a google search of it simply typing forums at the end of my google search.

Countless people in that Thread Warned about Serotonin Syndrome among MANY other dangerous factors and considering everyone can handle it no problem or be super sensitive to Serotonin Syndrome means nothing as I have done Dextromethorphan in high 3rd Plateau Trips myself with some possible slight signs of Serotonin Syndrome now that I think about it... yet it's hard to tell but I would think that MDMA would be more risky than DXM... AGAIN for the RECORD I was asking about users of Methadone or past users that have used MDMA and not about Serotonin Syndrome that was just mentioned as a reason for why I asking the question.

This Article here states that most cases involving Serotonin Syndrome due to Methadone use is caused by use with SSRI and SNRIs

There are literally countless articles and MDMA Users are not exactly known for being the most responsible users or the ones with a lot of knowledge about things like these as you stated it's common knowledge SSRI/SNRI type of Drugs are well known for causing Serotonin Syndrome. When I was on Methadone it did nothing for my Withdrawal hence I got off it right away but I noticed a "Mood Lift of some sort" when i reached like the Dose of 80MG but considering the Amount of Hydromorphone I was consuming at the time which was like 56MG Snorted everyday and or 5 Oxy 80s a day it's no wonder that the Methadone did nothing for my Withdrawal.

Being a Serotonin Transporter would explain that "perky" feeling I got when I hit the 80MG mark, this is 100% purely speculation though but I had no idea myself Methadone was a Serotonin Transporter until reading the Thread in my original post that started this Thread.

Replies like this in the MDMA Thread is why I asked about this Subject in the Neuroscience and Pharmacology Thread since that is the only place I found a person who has used Esketamine and Racemic and even the Moderator had a hard time believing I even got "Esketamine" which I don't know why he though that but it's a moot point the actual point is that is the only Sub-Forum I have got any answers.

Last edited:
Never had any issues at all and the methadone totally negates any comedown.

Thank You for reporting your experience. Can you tell me/remember what Dose you were at and were you on (MG Amount Daily) and for how long you've used the Methadone for and how many times did you use MDMA on Methadone.

Assuming you can recall/remember these specific details which I think elaborating some more might help more than just the information you provided. Yet any information that is provided by anyone.

I spent the best part of 15 years on methadone at varying doses up to 100mg/day. Used MDMA on top many times, often multiple pills during the session.

Okay thanks F.U.B.A.R. I like your name btw... this is the type of information or posts I'm looking for since I know there are Methadone users taking MDMA and just wondering how many have not run into problems.

On the other hand by any off chance if someone has had any negative experiences that is suspected to be "related to Serotonin Syndrome" that is it would also be helpful... just to get an idea of things.

From my experience there are absolutely no negatives from mixing methadone with MDMA. I often found that the afterglow from the MD allowed me to abstain from the methadone for up to a week with no withdrawal symptoms.

Wait what how does that even work if your on 90MG of Methadone Daily for Pain how can you go more than 5 Days without feeling full blown Withdrawal Symptoms? This is just a thought that popped in my head I thought I should mention but the Serotonin Transporter effects that Methadone have would prolong and increase the amount of Serotonin being produced and for longer, I'm ASSUMING I'm clearly no expert err... when it comes to Serotonin Syndrome there is no experts really were still learning about it as time goes on.

I never ever even heard of the afterglow lasting a week, I have heard of it Treating P.T.S.D. Anxiety and Depression which it did for Me and I had an "afterglow" for the next 6 Months until I used MDMA again. Except being on U.A. Tests since I'm on Methadone for Pain I haven't been able to use it since I got on Methadone until recently my Dr. said it's fine that I don't get U.A. Test anymore since he trusts Me enough and he knows I know a lot I have informed him of a bunch of things that listing them would be off topic more than I have now that is...

Again were you on Methadone Daily and if you were on it daily what dose if not was it just a one time Methadone use or some with MDMA and what Dose was it if you don't mind me bothering you to ask I apologize if you don't feel comfortable sharing that information or something like that.

I have had MDMA while on methadone (380mg a day, though i think at the time I was on 240mg a day).

Though rarely Methadone has been associated with serotonin syndrome, so be careful, and keep an eye on body temperature.

Is there any more experiences? I have tried a 2nd Plateu DXM trip and I noticed a lot of the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome. Unfortunately I didn't (and still don't) have a Blood Pressure kit so I can only suspect based on that and... when ever my Methadone starts working I know an instant mood lift.

When I started using it I was ready to get off of it at 80MG but then i got to 90MG what was most likely thinking back on it simply an increase in Serotonin. Since I was still feeling like shit from Withdrawal. I've had to resort to using Methadone cause Doctors are giving me F all to treat my pain. I think I might get off of it though because once tolerance develops I would have to either increase my dose which I don't even know if that'd help my pain and once the weak NMDAr Antagonist effect it has stops preventing the Tolerance enough to keep the pain relieving effects working.

Everyone I know who got on Methadone for pain said it stopped working after like a Year roughly they all started to wean down and get off of it.

Out of all the users on bluelight I know r Methadone that have most likely used MDMA on it... I would thought there would of been some more posts than this.

I guess I was wrong?

I'm not rolling i'm on some yola but i need the vibes if anyone is rolling, i love you, you're special and beautiful. if you're rolling and i ran into you i am glad.

I have taken MDMA on methadone, as have some of my friends. Nothing untowards happened.

Ive taken MDMA and MDA on methadone and benzos. didnt change the experience at all. in fact I actually took a MDMA/1P LSD combo with nitrous hits in there while on methadone. I dont know how safe that is though

Good to know. Recently switched from subs to 30mg Methadone, came off 150mg Sertraline mid July (titrated down to 25mg over 8weeks) and I am looking to dose 130-150mg for the first time in over 3 and a half years on September 25th. Seems I should be good, and 10 weeks should be ample time for me to feel it’s effects!