• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

White vein kratom for opite withdrawal?

jrey

Bluelighter
My friend is deciding to quit oxycodone and wants something to help him ease the withdrawals. I am an everyday user of kratom myself so he asked me if he can get some of my kratom. The problem is I am almost out of my red vein kratom and my package from SE Asia that i ordered is still not here. I know red kratom is best for opiate withdrawal. But i do hve some White Thai and White Maeng Da. I noticed it makes me feel kind of weird. I like green and red strains a lot better. Would white vein kratom help him?

In general I find the red vein certainly does the best for withdrawals. The white varieties seem the most stimulating to me, and I've even had some of them produce anxiety. Kratom contains mitragynine, and also 7-HO-mitragynine, which is the one of the pair that is a much stronger opioid. There are some other alkaloids present in kratom, too, I think. Although I think part of the colors thing is marketing hype and is not necessarily accurate, there are definitely different styles of kratom with different effects profiles.

is kratom really an opioid ? because i want to use it for pain sometimes but it makes me sick, like death. Is there a way to get used to it ? and other opioids don't do that to me, so how can the kratom cause such negative reactions for me but other specific opioids do not ☹ ?

Its definitely an opioid but one of the dirtiest around.

Works well for low to moderate level opioid withdrawal but otherwise not so great as a standalone drug. Too much dizziness and nausea relative to the opioid effects.

But yes as far as the question, any type of kratom will have substantially similar levels of mitragynine so they will all assist with withdrawal symptoms.

While it does seem like marketing I feel like some of the other strains (not red) do actually feel different. Maeng da kratom sort of feels like someone added some yohimbine to it as it is does feel edgier and more stimulating. That said i've gotten anxiety from red kratom as well.

Who knows maybe they take it all out of the same barrel and call it red, white, yellow, green etc.

(From what i hear the most potent strain is Purple Indonesian Monkey Balls.)

I will try to 'switch.'

Even flower (thc) has different active's .
Most likely not as extreme as kratom effects, of course.

I am not going to give up. At least to buy me some time for peace of mind. ahh.
thank you for love and empathy !! amen. ◇

Also, it is so costly and I still have a year old bag of red kratom that I am still working on that I had struggled with bad effects from.

It worked however the benefits definitely didn't out weigh the bad and extreme side effects.

Hopefully, I can find a good price for some because I can still buy local. A good market price would indeed be great but I really need a small supply to sample.

The red is pretty horrible and potent as well !!

Seems to be sold in bulk. 😎

Also, it is so costly and I still have a year old bag of red kratom that I am still working on that I had struggled with bad effects from.

It worked however the benefits definitely didn't out weigh the bad and extreme side effects.

Hopefully, I can find a good price for some because I can still buy local. A good market price would indeed be great but I really need a small supply to sample.

The red is pretty horrible and potent as well !!

Seems to be sold in bulk. 😎
I’m the same way, in all honesty my tolerance got so high with kratom I only use it for when I don’t have oxy or I’m trying to abstain. Personally, and I know this is counter intuitive for someone trying to quit oxy but if your dose is high and frequent enough kratom will do nothing but make you extremely sleepy, lazy .In my case I was drinking 5-6 grams 3 x daily vs 3 10mg pills they have no apap so I feel the pills may be easier on my liver then sludging leaves all day. To my understanding Kratom leaves are to be brewed with hot but not boiling water to release the full alkaloid Profiles and generally color does nothing to prove effects. It would be more pertinent to know things such as where it’s grown. The soil quality and other growing conditions. Generally though white veins are thought to be baby kratom, while green semi mature and red being fully mature. The alkaloid your looking for is 7-OH but unless you find a high quality vendor mainly claim alkaloid percentage but you don’t know how long it’s been shelved for. In all honesty your friend doesn’t need to be using kratom to come off any opiate. Either get clean or don’t. Kratom will only leave you dissatisfied once your habit has gotten to a point that your having withdrawals and generally the only people that feel anything from kratom are the ones that don’t use opiates or have abstained. Now can it help bail you out of some of the effects yes. But there’s a reason people stop doing kratom and just go back to DOC. Sorry @Hylight to You use my reply to address thread

hello, i'm new to the forum, i got a 1k bag of white kratom from a friend, i know it's used for opioids, but will it help with coc @ ina too? I want to stop urgently, I'm using between 5 / 8g every day inhaled .... 😞
And if it helps how to use it in the best way? I know it tastes awful. thank you

hello, i'm new to the forum, i got a 1k bag of white kratom from a friend, i know it's used for opioids, but will it help with coc @ ina too? I want to stop urgently, I'm using between 5 / 8g every day inhaled .... 😞
And if it helps how to use it in the best way? I know it tastes awful. thank you
kratom is not a valid substitute for opiate withdrawal as your replacing one for the other. The best thing is abstinence but if you must start off with 3 grams empty stomach. And increase dose .5 until you get relief

i guess kratom should be kept bagged in the refrigerator. i put mines in a cabinet and months later tried again. maybe it sprouted spores from not being refrigerated, maybe not.
i definitely was tripping balls though.

also was like being drunk. blurred vision or maybe seeing things. definitely poison.

and completely sick outta my mind all day. could not function. nausea, but not sick enough to vomit.
just a little bit is what i probably what all i just need, so to speak. and that even gets me sick enough when just a little tiny sub lingual taste to see how it is.

sure helped me when i was sick though, from not enough vicodin.

if i could just find the correct levels of the kratom, then maybe. but i dont know . . . . . . i can't see straight from it. my vision gets bent. mushrooms would be more coherent.

i don't understand . . . because i could live on vicodins for the rest of my life . . . and feel perfectly ' normal. '

i just want to figure out when i can start taking the pure cwe from them - the hydocodone (vici) occasionally or just every once in a great while.
maybe it's b/c cleaner than kratom powder and kratom tea.

I probably shouldn't have taken vicodin everyday but i definitely didn't have any pain !

someday when i heal, i am only going to take them once a week or so. and effects should last for three or four days.

kratom has it's moments of pain relief. lol. but then the sickness lasts until the effect wears down. oh yes, and then my brain probably goes right back into doap sickness somehow and wants my pain killer relief again. thanks 'liht.

. . . . oh. . . and i don't know, the nausea alone from the kratom leaf powder makes me not even want to deal with that anymore. my vicodin tonic was so clean.

took it all for granted that i never felt sick or even bad. and this was in a very advancing forward and a productive way. I was careful and only took as prescribed or a.s.a.p. which, of course now i realise was way too much.

i would get a cluster headache if i even tasted a little bit of kratom like on my finger right now. just always sick allot now still.

so i don't know. maybe kratom soaks up into my brain like a sponge and then my brain is having a tough time squeezing it out.

so sorry for being so boring, but my name should be ; i'm so miserable. i used to go places and do things. i even road mountain bike. then i tore all my ligament in my wrist. it's stretched and torn. bone and joint doctor said if isolating cannot heal everything then will have to have surgery.

so still trying to heal and do not need anymore kind of pain what so ever. lol.

kratom sounds great but doesn't seem good for inflammation.

this post is starting to sound like the moan and groan thread. i will whine about it all day if i don't figure out a way to do something to get better. my wrist is kind of small and wouldn't make it through the mauling and scars of surgery. with and the arthritic sciatica. even drinking alcohol barley wont even compare to the help from the poppies.

i will probably have to get with the psychiatrist again for diazepam to help with the anxiety for stress relief, away a bit from the pain, lol, of it all. then i will request a pain management referral, if he would even be capable of that. he is an awesome psychiatrist though but thinking about retiring with his big ole new dog he has now after the old one died. silly dog would eat cookie treats in the office with him and his appointments. love the benevolence. ♡ <3

thank you so much for talking kratom.
i enjoyed trying it up until it hammered me badly. bye. hy.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "FuneralFather, post: 14962455, membro: 527706"]
A kratom não é um substituto válido para a abstinência de opiáceos, pois substitui uma pela outra. A melhor coisa é a abstinência, mas se você deve começar com 3 gramas de estômago vazio. E aumente a dose 0,5 até obter alívio
[/CITAR]
ok and i should take it in tea form right? So it just becomes a substitute for opiates, and has functionality for coke? My problem is the coke

[QUOTE = "FuneralFather, post: 14962455, membro: 527706"]
A kratom não é um substituto válido para a abstinência de opiáceos, pois substitui uma pela outra. A melhor coisa é a abstinência, mas se você deve começar com 3 gramas de estômago vazio. E aumente a dose 0,5 até obter alívio
[/CITAR]
ok and i should take it in tea form right? So it just becomes a substitute for opiates, and has functionality for coke? My problem is the coke

A kratom não é um substituto da cocaína, mas pode reduzir seu desejo por cocaína (lembre-se de que a kratom é viciante).

O que você quis dizer com "ina"?

(Note, I don't speak portuguese fluently but I'm always looking to practice since portuguese is the best sounding language in my opinion -- a linguagem musical.)

A kratom não é um substituto da cocaína, mas pode reduzir seu desejo por cocaína (lembre-se de que a kratom é viciante).

O que você quis dizer com "ina"?

(Note, I don't speak portuguese fluently but I'm always looking to practice since portuguese is the best sounding language in my opinion -- a linguagem musical.)
Coke in portuguese is "cocaína"

Who knows maybe they take it all out of the same barrel and call it red, white, yellow, green etc.
Yeah I've considered that. But from my subjective experience, white veined seems to cause the most anxiety. I prefer green and red. Though if I was in withdrawal and only had one white... well I'm sure it would be better than nothing! Also... is it all just marketting? who knows?

I really appreciated the last white vein Maeng Da I had. Liked it better than the other green and red strains I tried before it. Wasn't using it for withdrawal but it made me energized yet in a really easy going way manner.

As someone said this can become one hell of a habit in itself. It's easy to tell oneself they will stop once opiate withdrawals are over but many may find themself in the grip of a new habit.

What about cycling phenibut and kratom every couple days to prevent dependency developing on one of them yet you are barricading your brain for the withdrawal very effectively no?

Last edited:
To answer your question, kratom and cocaine are quite different. Kratom has a stimulating aspect to it, especiallly right at the beginning, but it isn't going to substitute for coke. It may help just because it's something, you know? But it isn't going to replace cocaine. And honestly kratom is an opioid, it hits the delta and mu opioid receptors like other opiates, and it will produce physical dependence and opiate withdrawals when you try to stop. Opiate addiction is no joke and not something you want to experience. Cocaine addiction is about willpower alone, if you stop, you'll feel tired and depressed because your brain is used to all that dopamine, but other than that, it doesn't make you sick. Opiate withdrawal is like being in Hell for a week, it is indescribably horrible.

To answer your question, kratom and cocaine are quite different. Kratom has a stimulating aspect to it, especiallly right at the beginning, but it isn't going to substitute for coke. It may help just because it's something, you know? But it isn't going to replace cocaine. And honestly kratom is an opioid, it hits the delta and mu opioid receptors like other opiates, and it will produce physical dependence and opiate withdrawals when you try to stop. Opiate addiction is no joke and not something you want to experience. Cocaine addiction is about willpower alone, if you stop, you'll feel tired and depressed because your brain is used to all that dopamine, but other than that, it doesn't make you sick. Opiate withdrawal is like being in Hell for a week, it is indescribably horrible.
I know about opioids, I had problems with codeine, oxy and opium, I had a phase of DXM abuse, but coca is very complicated and increasing abusive consumption too, and as I heard that kratom in a higher dose can become sedative I thought that could help me at least with the muscle spasms that I lack ... And also what came to me is that weaning kratom is, so to speak, "quick and easy", not to mention that in my area, when I finish I don't think it's that easy anymore ... thanks anyway.