• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

White ice speed pills - difference between methamphetamine and amphetamine

derejrcar

Bluelighter
So im a little confused here about the difference between crystal meth/amphetamine or if methamphetamine is some kind of different category. On erowid, and every other site, it seems to relate them all as essentially the same thing, yes they all have different pages but they all also have links to eachother saying like 'see amphetamine'...or on the amphetamine page, 'see methamphetamine'.

Anyway, I'm told these white ice speed pills are methamphetamine. Is this the same as crystal meth, the terrible damaging substance? Is it more like amphetamines such as adderall? I'm just curious as to the relationships of branded amphetamines (adderall) v 'street' speed (methamphetamine?) v crystal meth. How are they all damaging? Are they all the same as crystal meth? Let me know. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
LSDMDMA&10016034 said:
meth=methamphetamine
crystal meth=methamphetamine

yep thats not really what i was asking though. what is the difference between speed and crystal meth, if theyre both methamphetamine? they seemed to be grouped into 2 different categories with crystal meth being the more dangerous of the two.

Ice is the same compound as methamphetamine, the only difference is its a selective stereoisomer.

Old school "crank" is a racemic mixture of L-methamp and D-methamp, then the crafty mexicans realized that much more desired effects can be achieved from isolating the particular isomer and bam, ice was born.

Ice is the same compound as methamphetamine, the only difference is its a selective stereoisomer.

Old school "crank" is a racemic mixture of L-methamp and D-methamp, then the crafty mexicans realized that much more desired effects can be achieved from isolating the particular isomer and bam, ice was born.

so what does this mean in terms of how these white ice speed pills would compare to adderall, both in effects and physical harm?

Speed can refer to amphetamine or methamphetamine/crystal meth. If these "white ice pills" really are methamphetamine then they are more potent and neurotoxic than amphetamine salts (adderall). You can google the differences if you want to know more about it theres lots of info on it.

"Speed pills" can be absolutely any stimulant, get a test kit if you want to know if they are meth or not.

We don't do pill IDs here - we have no idea what your pills contain. I have edited your title as you seem to be asking what the difference is between methamphetamine and amphetamine eg Adderall. This is allowed, but asking what is in your pills is not as we have no way of knowing over the internet!

Hope that is okay.

We have that kind of "speed" around here; ice pills or other logos. Who knows how many different kinds of pills have the same logo though so it's impossible to say what are in the ones you are referring to. Here they're decent as far as speed pills go but the standard isn't particularly high.

I find it amusing that these pills are all over the place here and people think they are somehow different than meth because they are called "speed" instead. Probably for the best; call it meth and they'll start to think their teeth are falling out.

Last edited:
Adderall is a racemic combination of the two stereoisomers of amphetamine. 'Amphetamines' describes the class of drugs that both racemic (d,l) amphetamine such as adderal and d-methamphetamine such as crystal meth or ice fall into. More broadly, the amphetamines fall into the phenethylamine class of drugs which incorporate a larger diversity of substances.

The basic difference between racemic amphetamine and methamphetamine is explained here -

The methyl group is responsible for the potentiation of effects as compared to the related compound amphetamine, rendering the substance on the one hand more lipid-soluble, enhancing transport across the blood-brain barrier, and on the other hand more stable against enzymatic degradation by monoamine oxidase (MAO).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine#Pharmacology

I recommend checking out wikipedia for more basic information about topics such as amphetamine, the amphetamines as a group, methamphetamine and phenethylamines in general.

Crystal Meth is rock dude. That other stuff is powder. Thats the difference. But that doesnt mean you dont have crystal in your pills, cuz it could easily be crushed into powder. Theres no way of knowing whats in those pills, but if it has the word "ice" in it i would assume its got meth in it.

I understand I'm pretty tardy to the party regarding this thread, but I've got some fairly contemporary information regarding these rectangular pills that are labeled with the brand ICE in all caps. This is intended to be for Harm Reduction purposes and not a pill identifcation for the sake of helping people have positive experiences.

It's fairly irrelevant I suppose, but it appears that Quebec and the hinterland are major producers of these things, as they have been for some time. Hence, they seem to be proliferating pretty quickly around the American Northeast and Eastern and Maritime Canada. They're sold more or less as "rolls", "ecstasy" or what have you, but the general concensus regarding their ingredients seem to point to Methamphetamine as being either the majority actice chemical or making up the substantial bulk of the pill. As most of us know, it's significantly easier to create and sell Methamphetamine that it is to produce true MethyleneDioxyMethylAmphetamine due to a more difficult synthesis and as of late, lack of essential precursor chemicals. Both lab tests bave indicated predominantly (Meth)Amphetamine.

It's not an immediate health crisis or anything like that, but I feel that it's worth noting that , as far as myslef and my peers have discovered, these are simply Methamphetamine pressed into branded pills. Again, this doesn't appear to be a major health crisis, but there's always a potential issue when someone plans for one thing and then are confronted with with something different. It appears that some of these also contain 2-CB or 2,5-dimethoxy - 4 - bromopenethylamine, but but this appears to be rare, especially in the Northeast.

I happened to try a couple recently and was surprised to find that they were not MDMA at all, but just a powerful, long-acting stimulant which I can only assume is iether Methamphetamine or as a far, far less likely culprit, Dextroamphetamine, which is actually more difficult to produce in a clandestine setting that Methamphetamine itself. I just think people should plan ahead and take caution. Assume that if you acquire these, that they're probably not MDMA. It feels like I'm back in Cambodia with this Meth pill shit.