• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants White coating on tongue meth related or oral thrush?

stilley

Greenlighter
Hi guys,

Only have had a few binges on meth - i react quite a lot so i only take small doses at a time to help lose weight.
I try to keep as hydrated as i can and take as many supplements as possible.
After a few binges i noticed a white coating on the back of my tongue that i literally have to scrape off to get rid of yet it keeps coming back.
The doctor thought it was oral thrush and i've been having ongoing treatment for a couple of months but its not getting better.
Any thoughts on the relation to the meth use. My last binge i took <100ug over a week ago orally within a capsule. Before that it was over a month.
I had bloods and a mouth swab taken today.
Will it show up in the tests?
and if it is connecting how the hell do i get rid of it.
Thanks in advance.

Im going to assume that the 100ug was a typo and you meant 100mg. If you're dosing orally then the meth isn't causing it, if you smoked the meth off foil it would cause the effect alot worse.
My guess is since you use meth for weight loss you end up being malnourished for extended periods and that weakens your bodies immune system add into that meth which ime also weakens the immune system, this is most likely your body fighting an infection.
So eat more healthy nutritious food when you do eat and start taking vitamins, to makeup for anything missing.

Also i used to be pretty fat , some tips eat multiple times a day but smaller amounts than regular so it equals to the same amount. This keeps your metabolism pumping at it's peak, long periods without food do the opposite.

Drink tons of ice cold water, your body burns calories warming the water up as it's processed.

Not sure man, i got oral thrush around the time i started doing a bunch of heroin like a month ago , as well as some MDMA(could have been cut with meth) so i mean, maybe thats how i got thrush? or same answer to your question? idk. i was with a girl though. shit sucks haha. unrelated.

Yeah oral thrush is easier to get when the immune system is run down.
I went and had a swab taken/bloods so i guess we'll see.
Hoping that the traces aren't picked up due to the soilid white stuff on my tongue.
Apparently dry mouth can also cause it?
I'm just so sick of having these symptoms. My last binge was a month and a half apart and it didn't clear up during that time.

Doesn't have to be thrush - the back of your tongue can get irritated and the normally smooth surface can become enlarged catching bits and pieces (giving the white fur appearance).

Staying hydrated and remembering to brush your teeth and maybe your tongue will really help with this.