Mental Health white coat anxiety

Snafu in the Void

Bukowski Jr.
I always have anxiety before going and while at the doctors, couldn't sleep tonight and my appointment isn't for another 15 hours. I have nothing to be anxious about, it's subconscious. I can't help it.

I think this started after my first stay in the psych ward. Watching white coats hold kids down and give em booty juice while they scream in terror wasn't pleasant.

Every time they take my blood pressures at intake it's always jacked and they have to retake it 3 times.

Mentally, I'm calm and not anxious, but physically my body freaks out for some reason. Maybe expecting bad news? I am certainly not afraid of doctors or anything.

anyone else deal with this?

My Mom has it as well. Same thing with her BP. Has to have it taken several more times after she arrives. I think as a society we have been brainwashed into thinking that Dr.s are the great and powerful OZ. That they are above us in every way. Fun fact......Dr's are RARELY discredited in Courts of Law and are deemed as the highest authorities. No question they are highly educated....but they certainly aren't without some fallacies.

When you go in for your appt...try and picture him in a clown outfit or totally naked. Pretend he is nothing more than your next door neighbor and you two are just having a chat over the fence. The absolute best thing you can do is be totally truthful and tell him everything that you have been going through for the last 6 months. The alcohol, ashwaganda stuff, stress, anxiety. Everything. Try and just be calm and clear and concise. Maybe make a small memeo to yourself to remember to tell him everything. Even things you might feel ashamed or embarrassed about. After he listens and recommends treatment you should consider what he says but don't be afraid to ask him for meds that you have used before with good outcomes as there is no point getting meds filled that you won't take.

Just go in with a light and friendly attitude and when he walks in the room picture him in jeans and a t-shirt and as being just another person and not a DR. And good luck Snaffy. Let us know how it goes. :love: