• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which solutions will work for volumetric dosing with 5-MeO-Mipt?

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
I am getting some 99% Propylene glycol. Will this so the trick?

Or will I have to use an alcohol based solvent? Cheers.

I just use booze like vodka or white rum. Works great. Propylene glycol would weird me out.

Water works fine, short-term, but you won't want to store it that way. Using alcohol is the way to go, vodka or something, actually it doesn't matter as long as it's liquor of some sort. I have no idea if it works with PG but I'd go with alcohol.

What so typical 40% cheap vodka would do the trick?

Cheers people, can always rely on you lot. And us all of us on each other. :)

I'm propylene glycol will work, however so will 80 proof vodka and I'm much rather ingest that.

If by chance OP has the freebase form then water would be an unsuitable solvent for volumetric dosing.
Probably unlikely though, don't think I've ever seen freebase Moxy being sold

What about ethanol?

I'm also thinking of putting some etizolam onto blotters (I'm sick of using Propylene glycol to volumetricaly dose out powder).

I will be dissolving in ethanol at 1mg/1ml, then dropping 1ml onto each blotter and letting it evaporate.

http://www.rollitup.org/t/dosing-laying-etizolam.825064/

I will be using this guide.

Will Ethyl Alcohol 95% do the trick? Is this too strong? Too weak?

Is it dangerous? I'm reading about flash points etc

Cheers

(Just to tie this in with PD, I do intend to do this same procedure with 5-MeO-Mipt. I don't personally like having solution lying round).

Last edited:
Anyone, please? Is ethanol dangerous to handle, for the purposes to which I will be using it?

Ethyl alcohol for etizolam blotters works, I've done it.. Used a GC/MS micropipette for it.

I actually also made etizolam solution for volumetric ingestion (as well with other various benzos over time, with solutions ranging from vodka to stronger), I didn't want to waste a lot of perfectly good lab ethanol so I started out with a more concentrated etizolam solution and diluted with demineralized water. Never fell out of solution. I forgot to what concentration, I think 50-50.

Ethanol is not dangerous though it is flammable and you don't particularly want to get it into eyes or wounds... otherwise it's just like ultra strong booze. Vodka isn't dangerous to handle either. But 100% ethanol is dangerous to drink appreciable quantities of of course.

I havent read the full tek but using a 1-3cc syringe makes me wonder how much solution you will try to put on a blotter square to evaporate? Because it can quickly become way too much to put on there. Soaking, spreading to other hits.

Freebase tryptamine in water will not dissolve mostly, but float yes. But you can fix that by adding a tiny though sufficient quantity of an acid, to salt the tryptamine. One can calculate how much is necessary to salt / neutralize.

I havent read the full tek but using a 1-3cc syringe makes me wonder how much solution you will try to put on a blotter square to evaporate? Because it can quickly become way too much to put on there. Soaking, spreading to other hits.

I'm pretty decent at helping people who have freaked out, need advice on dosing, need some gentle encouragement etc etc... but I crumble when I come to the science.

From what I understand, that guy in the tek was going to do was put 100mg etizolam in 50ml of ethanol, which made for 2mg etizolam per 1ml.

My blotters are 9mmx9mm, and 1ml = 1 cubic centimeter (please bare with my potentially flimsy knowledge Solipsis. This is new to me but I'm trying to understand... and harm reduction and all that ;) ).

So if I did it his way, it would surely overlap? However, I want 1mg blotters, not 2mg, so surely this should be fine.

So I was thinking 50mg etizolam, in 25ml of 95% pure ethanol. That way I will have 1mg etizolam per 0.5ml ethanol. Which is 0.5 cubic centimeters squared. I.e 5mm (?), and it will fit perfectly on the blotter paper?

Hopefully you're still with me, and I can comprehend this. Couple more questions:

1. What about the 5% of the ethanol solution that isn't ethanol (given that it is a 95% ethanol solution). Will this effect dosing? Do I need to do anything, or compensate?

2. How long roughly will the the ethanol take to dry onto the blotters, and is there anything I can do to speed this along? If my calculations are correct, then I will do this tonight/tomorrow, hopefully in time for Saturday.

I am so so fucking grateful for any help. It's my 30th birthday with my friends and etizolam is illegal in the UK in less than two weeks. This is our last legal Etizolam I will ever own

we need tizzies! (The Moxxy can wait... some 2c-b should suffice for now ;) ).

So yes, please help.

Big love and all that. Love you all.

(Especially if you help me)

Last edited:
Anyone, please? Is ethanol dangerous to handle, for the purposes to which I will be using it?

Pure ethanol is flammable but other than that it isn't dangerous to handle.
However 1mL per blotter is likely far too much, 1mL is more liquid than you think.
I would aim for 100uL and pick up a 0.5mL insulin syringe or a metered disposable pipet.

To give you a visualization of about how much 1mL is, it is roughly equivalent to 20 average sized drops of water

Last edited: