• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which marijuana strains (for you) helps the best for opiate withdrawal?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Good evening everyone!

So I recently got approved for my medical marijuana card! Unfortunately, I recently relapsed and am now back shooting Heroin :\:( Which marijuana strains helped you the best for getting off heroin (or opiates in general)? I'm currently thinking an indica dom.(ie. GDP) or possibly a hybrid strain (ie. Trueberry) for night time use, just before bed to relax you and help you sleep. I can typically suck it up throughout the day, but it gets worse at night for some reason and I need my sleep lol

Thanks!

Chris

*ended up putting this in "other drugs" since it has to do with getting off opiates and heroin.*

Hey Chris, It's nice to have a paramedic among our ranks. :)

While it's a tough call for where this should go, I still think the fine folks in Cannabis Discussion are the experts when it comes to strains, terpenes, extracts, etc. I also think a few of them might have dabbled in the opi game as well and could advise you on which strains hold the most promise for what you seek. I came across a strain that was high in CBN and would knock me out when climbing the walls was nearing, but I defer to their advice. I'm going to move it over to CD and if I'm wrong they can toss it back. Cheers

OD-->CD

There all about the same for opioid withdrawal in my experience. I'd probably go with which ever one you find the most relaxing. Personally I found anything high thc to help with the cravings. They might help you get some food and maybe get a little sleep, but they are completely different beasts. There is no strain that will take away your opioid withdrawal, and being that a lot of people complain about anxiety and depression as side effects of cannabis use, it might even make some aspects worse.

There is an app, I believe it's called leafly. It tells where all the dispensarys are in your area, the prices, and the menu of what they sell their. Also it says what strains positives are, and their negatives as well. I dont know if it would help you, but I'm pretty sure it's free and cant really hurt.

IME India strains , or hybrid indica dominant would probably be the best for what your seeking. Indicas are more for insomnia, relaxation, and pain relief, and are usually a night time smoke.

Gl brother, I hope you get the relief your looking for, And are able to kick your habbit soon.

There all about the same for opioid withdrawal in my experience. I'd probably go with which ever one you find the most relaxing. Personally I found anything high thc to help with the cravings. They might help you get some food and maybe get a little sleep, but they are completely different beasts. There is no strain that will take away your opioid withdrawal, and being that a lot of people complain about anxiety and depression as side effects of cannabis use, it might even make some aspects worse.

Thanks for the reply everyone! And that totally makes sense for the "relaxing" part. I think the shop I will be going to has a few strains that are pretty high in thc, might have to check them out!

Thanks again :)

There is an app, I believe it's called leafly. It tells where all the dispensarys are in your area, the prices, and the menu of what they sell their. Also it says what strains positives are, and their negatives as well. I dont know if it would help you, but I'm pretty sure it's free and cant really hurt.

IME India strains , or hybrid indica dominant would probably be the best for what your seeking. Indicas are more for insomnia, relaxation, and pain relief, and are usually a night time smoke.

Gl brother, I hope you get the relief your looking for, And are able to kick your habbit soon.

Thanks brotha for the reply, ill check out that app! Insomnia is big for me. In my job, i typically dont get any sleep as it is, so when I get off shift (24-48 hours) imma need some rest lol

Thank again :)

Pretty sure kratom is what you want.

Hey Nutty, thanks for the reply! I did try kratom. Unfortunately, I started to get addicted to that as well. I actually thought it felt better than hydrocodone... (which isnt a good thing, when im trying to get off H lol).

For some reason, opiates have a hold on me... A bad one. Wish I could take it, since its pretty cheap..but ill have to try marijuana instead. Hopefully it works!

Thanks,

Chris

Hey Chris, It's nice to have a paramedic among our ranks. :)

While it's a tough call for where this should go, I still think the fine folks in Cannabis Discussion are the experts when it comes to strains, terpenes, extracts, etc. I also think a few of them might have dabbled in the opi game as well and could advise you on which strains hold the most promise for what you seek. I came across a strain that was high in CBN and would knock me out when climbing the walls was nearing, but I defer to their advice. I'm going to move it over to CD and if I'm wrong they can toss it back. Cheers

OD-->CD

All good Jekyl, thank makes sense! and thanks for the reply!

Chris

Here is something that might help depending how bad your dependency is.

Harlequin + Critical Kush + Benzo = decent sleep, a lot less pain and RLS making sleep easier but im sure if benzos cant be part of the deal then a combo of Harlequin + Critical Kush will do the trick..

I have a mate that uses Harlequin during the day and adds Critical Kush (CBD rich) to the mixture at night and its helping him a lot, not taking away the problem but making it less by 60% and his using it specifically for Rheumatoid arthritis. It is not taking pain and discomfort away completely but it has lessen it to a great degree that he can function a lot better and needs less pharmaceutical meds to cope with every day life which is also saving his liver a bit there too.

Anyway just some advice i can give.

For the initial withdrawal period (at least two weeks) I would go with a high CBD and low THC strain. I had a lot of anxiety during the initial withdrawal from heroin and find that CBD helps with anxiety whereas THC can make it worse. Also, some terpenes such as beta caryophyllene, myrcene and linalool are great for reducing anxiety in my experience.

High THC strains helped me during my maintenance period which lasted over a couple years. I found any strain high in THC beneficial during this time due to it's uplifting nature as well as a great way to reduce or kill urges to use heroin. It's been almost 6 years clean off heroin for me and I don't rely on any drugs for maintenance at this point it's all psychologically minimal.

I like to eat Rick Simpson oil. A lot of it. Like .1 3x a day. It helps with the body aches, RLS, sleep, anxiety, stomach issues, etc.

As far as strains, I like OG strains or heavy indicas. Something 1:1 THC:CBD can also be helpful.

I like to eat Rick Simpson oil. A lot of it. Like .1 3x a day. It helps with the body aches, RLS, sleep, anxiety, stomach issues, etc.

As far as strains, I like OG strains or heavy indicas. Something 1:1 THC:CBD can also be helpful.

Thats great to know! Thanks for the advice! Thankfully we have some RSO and 1:1 ratio "strains" at my dispensary. RLS is the worst thing for me and if ANYTHING can help, id loves to try it.

Currently, I got some Granddaddy Purple and that stuff knocks me out, REAL HARD lol So hopefully that will help as well. I have no problem sucking it up throughout the day, but I need my sleep. Especially with my job, I don't get sleep as it is (have 24-48 hour shifts).

Appreciate all the help guys and gals!

Berry not blueberry just Berry, the incrdible bulk, this strawberry stuff is good ive got atm, white widow but the more indica kind