• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which lysergamides are pro drugs to LSD, and which aren't?

donvliet

Bluelighter
With al the different LSD analogs, how can I tell which are pro drugs to LSD, and which aren't? Which ones have their own character to the trip?

Analogues with substitutions in the 1 position are the ones that are thought to act as LSD pro-drugs. 1P-LSD, 1B-LSD, 1cP-LSD, 1A-LSD (aka ALD-52) are all considered to have generally identical effects to LSD, but some people report minor differences in character. Personally I've only tried 1A-LSD and I do find it a tad different from LSD, but I doubt I'd be able to tell them apart in a blind test.

The ones that aren't considered pro-drugs at all with decidedly different effects are AL-LAD, ETH-LAD (the latter being the most dramatically different), LSZ, LSM-777, as well as EiPLA and MiPLA (which I can only describe as a trip that won't take off).

The LADs seem to have the most discernible character. ETH being quite intense, visual, and analytical. AL seems more silly than serious, visual, and a bit less intense than lsd. I would probably not be certain of which 1-sub i was taking, if blind, but would be certain of a LAD and which one it was (other than PARGY-LAD or some of the other rare ones). ETH-LAD is the most distinctive of them all, to me.

Hazarding my own guess...AL LAD and ETH LAD might not be, being ubique compounds in themselves.

1p certainly. 1cP we ahould say,, but I think it has a special quality of its own as well..

ALD 52 is not a 25 prodrug either I don't think, but it"s own unique, wonderful molecule.

ALD-52 is also known as 1a-LSD, and is the 1-sub that has the smallest group added to it, which means it is probably the most likely to be a pure LSD pro-drug of all of the 1-subs.
Thanks for offering that, I wasn't sure as I've never really considered the basic ground chemistry of it all, quite ignorantly really considering I continually tout myself as being some sort of psychedellic warrior!

Gotta mock myself whenever I can, try and keep that ego in check lol.

But I have admittedly done very little actual research, reading into LSD, the chemistry science and pharmacology side.

I have always been more of a mysticist (if I spelt that right. I don't remember using that exact word before but it's another one I like), more into the consciousness, lifestyle, personalty effects, personal stories etc.

Classic cases and all that. It really was most of all, aged 16, the world at my feet, discovering the legend of Syd Barrett, which enthralled me towards psychedellics.

I really was already a born psychonaut. I never had any career ambitions, despite being fortunate (? lol) to get a free private school education, the final year before that programme was terminated in the UK- Bedford Modern School it was called.

Strict, posh, upper class. Blazers, ties etc, must be worn until a very safe distance from the school grounds, playing fields and bus stop area.

Saturday School even pah!! Although thankfully that was scrapped within 2 years of me being there.

I did very well in an entrance exam somehow, that together with meeting lowest family poverty "mean" standards, qualified me that year.

Only one other boy got into the school on a similar free education that year, 1993 I think but very hazy on that exact date now.

I never did my homework until scribbled out last minute on the school bus, writing while walking from bus stop up big school hill.

Never read any books. Never revised. Made up exams. But somehow got decent grades and even qualified for several University offers.

I chose Swansea Wales coastside, park out back, University over two London ones.

Just as well, because years later I found myself at the most incredible, Lord of the Rings like gigantic indoor illegal rave party of my life- at "Middlesex university", London.

Disused, one of the offers I had. Years later Im raving there.

Best rave ever. A gigantic disused university building. Hundreds of rooms, sound rigs, science labs, basketball courts, classrooms, lecture thearters, dining rooms, even a full fledged Cinema playing "Snatch".

9 good E's, 2 drops Liquid acid, Mushrooms, skunk and tons of amazing ketamine. Was an experience that doesn't even fit the "plus plus plus..." system I can tell you. Amazing. Not messy though. More angellic, supersensory, super agile, super soldier type of phenominal psychedellic experience.

Swansea was a fantastic place and University too. Philosophy/psychology joint degree I chose- no career path in mind. I just wanted to learn. It was always purely about personal development.

I turned up there September 1999, two weeks after obliterating my mind and brain at an illegal annual August outdoor UK "Exodus" festival, with MDMA I doubt exists today- 18 pills including the best Mitsubishis ever, 10 trips, Base Amphetamine, original 2cb, the type of Skunk that was a trip and half itself, plus some heroin a friend was just getting hooked on.

Btain damage. I spent 3 nights afterwards, rolling round in bed, hallucinating, talking to my 3 friends I camped there with (not there with me in bed- pure hallucinations).

I even tripped very deep on acid the week later, 1 week before arriving in Swansea.

Turned up there on another moon, age 19.

So I was never like...I wanna be a fireman...policsman...astronaut..."when I grow up".

I saw photos Of Syd Barrett age 16, read about him. I realised my calling there and then.

I wanted nothing else but to go out into the absolute deepest yonder. I was cut for it.

So I was off my head on acid and ecstasy from 16 onwards while doing final 2 years of super strict academic upper schooling.

No teacher ever sligntly suspected drug use. I was always a phenomenon that way, being able to hold my own in any situation, give nothing away, total conyrol of tbe mind.

Didn't use cannabis until 17. Final School year, I smoked 3 huge pure hashish Bucket bongs 8.45 am each morning, straight out of bed, to bikeride 3 miles through town centre rush our...BUZZING so high. To sign in each day, or face expellation.

I have still never seen another person look so visibly consciously altrered, destructed, be LSD, than Syd Barret, to this day.

I wanted it, so bad. Nearly 41 and still going, having gone nuts into the beyond before even 18, 19....I feel Ive reached what I aspired to do in that sense.

So back on topic. I really prefer the label ALD 52 to 1a LSD personally.

Much warmer ring to it IMO.

So Ive already been curious- we know Albert made ALD himself too.

I have never heard/read any of his personal thoughts/decisions about in, in telation to LSD 25 upon which his outstanding legacy was formed.

I always wondered why he sort of went solely with 25, not ALD, which in my experiences so far I prefer, and is definitely different to LSD 25.

If Hofmann considered ALD to be purely a prodrug, I guess that was his reason.

But still am curious about that. Prodrug or nor prodrug, it's subjectively distinct and more enjoyable to myself.

Here is my Uni, may be a curent photo so like all things natural it was way more beautiful back then: