Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

which is your favourite: Todd Solondz film?

pick one

• Fear, Anxiety & Depression

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welcome to the Dollhouse

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Happiness

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Storytelling

• Palindromes

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
tbh, i've never heard of him nor seen any of his films

Welcome to the dollhouse had me almost in tears,there's black comedy and there's black deep traumatic non-comedy.Happiness treads the line and I'd say that mostly comes down on the comedy side.Dollhouse does not.Not like watching a Krystof Kieslowski film in terms of bleakness,but painful none the less.I like dark films and books but dollhouse was too much.Though there are plenty of other films out there that are grimmer.Although I always found Man bites dog to be relentlessly grim rather than black comedy.
In the company of men reminds me of Dollhouse, its supposedly black comedy but all I see is people behaving horrifically towards innocent,decent people.

Of them, I've only seen Happiness, and it is my bar for fucked up in a film, in the sense that when someone asks me to show them a really really fucked up film, Happiness is what I break out for them.

I've been meaning to check out some of his other work though...

I've only seen Welcome to the Dollhouse, and it was way back in 1997 or so when it was on HBO. Liked it, and it has one of the best lines in any movie.

Little girl: Where you still wanting to rape me?
Guy: Not now. No time, Come back here tomorrow.

Fucking hilarious! (For those who haven't seen it, although this line doesn't sound to funny, when you see it in the movie and see the goofy little girl who says it, it's pretty funny, really!)