Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Robert Zemeckis film!

Pick one!

• I Wanna Hold Your Hand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used Cars

• Romancing The Stone

• Back to The Future

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Back to The Future II

• Back to The Future III

• Death Becomes Her

• Forrest Gump

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Contact

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • What Lies Beneath

• Castaway

• The Polar Express

• Beowulf

• Total voters
as much as i <3 doc brown, the delorean, biff tannen, mcfly, and hoover boards... ima have to go with... contact!, hell i saw that shit recently and near the end when foster is traveling through the wormholes n' arrives on the sandy beach, thats just some epic futuristic movie shit.. i remember when i first saw that, it frightened me. who knows whats out there, i think something like what went down in contact is gonna happen irl.

Probably my favourite director when it comes to his varied use of special effects.

The Back to the Future movies are only matched in fun-factor by the Indiana Jones movies for mine.

Castaway is the type of movie I really admire, even if i'd have preferred there to be less story set in civilisation.

Contact is one of the few science fiction films that genuinely inspire awe in me. It's got a truly thrilling plot-twist, and as part of what I was indicating before, it's use of special effects are relatively minimal, but highly effective. Plus, it's got Jodie Foster.

But as much as I love Contact, I can't help but fall for Forrest Gump. Maybe only the second best film of '94, but I just never tire of watching this film over and over.

There can be only one:
future460.jpg

One of the most fun and inventive time travel movies ever made. Plus, it made me question if I would do my mom in the past if she looked like Lea Thompson. Probably yes.

I went with Back To The Future 2, simply because it's the one I've seen the most, and I never tire of it.

It was tough though. I really love Death Becomes Her, and Romancing The Stone as well.

TBH I think Zemeckis is kind of over-rated. That said, I *love* What Lies Beneath. I remember I went on and on about it to a friend so he just gave me his copy of the DVD. I could watch it a million times. I don't know what it is about that film. I recognize it's not 'cinematic genius' or anything close but yeah, love it. :) Death Becomes Her is extremely watchable too. I guess that's an endearing quality of his films...

i went with contact but i almost voted for back to the future. my sentimental streak won.

his films do exactly what they say on the tin.

alasdair

EJ said:
Probably my favourite director when it comes to his varied use of special effects.

The Back to the Future movies are only matched in fun-factor by the Indiana Jones movies for mine.

Castaway is the type of movie I really admire, even if i'd have preferred there to be less story set in civilisation.

Contact is one of the few science fiction films that genuinely inspire awe in me. It's got a truly thrilling plot-twist, and as part of what I was indicating before, it's use of special effects are relatively minimal, but highly effective. Plus, it's got Jodie Foster.

But as much as I love Contact, I can't help but fall for Forrest Gump. Maybe only the second best film of '94, but I just never tire of watching this film over and over.

you said it.

but i voted for contact, for the reasons you mentioned it is one of my most favourite films.

a quick note that i also really enjoy who framed roger rabbit. i remember seeing it in a drive in with my older brother. the visual effects were quite an accomplishment imo.

Forest Gump is my favourite. It made me do more research on events that happened in the US.

Bump - A vote for Death Becomes Her. I can watch this over and over again and never tire. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a close second.

I'm definitely overdue to watch Forrest Gump.