• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which is more addictive: benzos or baclofen?

I've read that baclofen withdrawal can be a real bitch, but I have a script for both baclofen and benzos, and have no compulsion to re-dose with the former. Benzos, on the other hand, my self-control goes right out the window.

I suppose if you managed to get addicted to baclofen the withdrawal could be somewhat similar to benzo withdrawal, but there's no way it's on the same level.

Benzos. I've tapered off both, although I never took a really high dosage of baclofen.

I take both daily prescribed

benzodiazepines are more classically addictive I'd say, compulsive redosing etc

I get a good anxiolytic effect from baclofen actually, it's a GABAb agonist after all.
Having both of them for pain and anxiety ain't too bad ;)

I have yet to withdrawal from baclofen though. I have withdrawn from large daily doses phenibut, gabapentin, and pregabalin (less so)

Baclofen causes me too many side effects (unpleasant itchy and muscle weakness) before I can even get high. But benzo addiction makes me nonfunctional so it's no good for me either.

shit i been taking 30mg a day and ran out well. lost some hope I don't feel too shit it's good with opiates and does help anxiety midly and stops my cramps

Benzodiazepines by a mile. Baclofen is no where near as addictive, it's pretty much a weaker version of phenibut. Also, the withdrawal from benzo addiction can be life threatening and withdrawal symptoms can last for even years!

I take both daily prescribed

benzodiazepines are more classically addictive I'd say, compulsive redosing etc

I get a good anxiolytic effect from baclofen actually, it's a GABAb agonist after all.
Having both of them for pain and anxiety ain't too bad ;)

I have yet to withdrawal from baclofen though. I have withdrawn from large daily doses phenibut, gabapentin, and pregabalin (less so)
How bad is withdrawal and dependence for pregabalin?