• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which is better for adderall: Baking Soda, Tums, or Alka Seltzer?

European1987

Greenlighter
I have a script for Adderall XR at 20mg. I'm trying to find out a way to make the duration of the effects last longer (euphoria, focus, energy, etc) until I get off from work at 7:00 pm.

This is what my typical dosing schedule looks like.

-Wake up at 9:00
-Take adderall at 10:00 on empty stomach as soon as I arrive at work
-Adderall begins to take effect at ~11:15
-Euphoria lasts until ~1:45
-Focus + energy lasts until ~3:15
-3:30 - 5:00 I feel zombie-like
-5:00 - 12:00 midnight (when I usually sleep), I feel fine, if not a bit depressed/irritable

I've tried the Ranitidine method (taking 300 mg 1 hour before Adderall) of prolonging the positive effects, but I didn't feel any different at all.

So my question is, would other commonly talked about methods be better if the Ranitidine didn't work. Ranitdine is also an antacid, so I thought it should work, but like I said, it didn't.

They all work the same way. They potentiate adderall by neutralizing your stomach acid, increasing absorption. Taking any more than a normal dose will have no affect, as a normal dose fully neutralizes it to the point of maximum absorption, so I'm pretty sure one isn't any more powerful than another. I'd strongly recommend against baking soda though. It's safe taking it every once in a while, but it sounds like you want to use it daily. I took baking soda to potentiate adderall for about a month, and it completely shut down my digestive system.* To help stabilize the crash, vitamin C is very helpful. There's an OTC vitamin/health supplement drink mix called "emergen-C" that contains 1667% of your daily vitamin C, so it's great to take on a crash.

*I'm on adderall and wrote a bunch of stuff about how baking soda is bad but I realized it isn't too necessary here so you don't have to read it.
It caused constipation, which gradually worsened. i didn't really care, constipation is worth a 30ish% potentiation of adderall, but I didn't know it would get to that point. After 3 weeks, i started feeling really nauseous, which was much worse in the car. Saturday, after the monday the nausea began, I threw up just minutes after eating breakfast. Then lunch. Then a snack. Then dinner. Then another snack. I had no other symptoms of any sickness, other than nausea. The next morning, I tried eating breakfast, and immediately threw up again. Then i realized i haven't had a bowel movement since the Saturday before, 8 days ago. It hit me what happened; my stomach acid was completely inactive for a month. Some food would pass through, after digestion from the rest of my body, but some gradually build up in my stomach with nothing to dissolve it. At the same time, the baking soda was building up in my stomach. It got to the point where my stomach essentially clogged, and after about a week it reached its maximum capacity, so every single bite of food i ate was immediately thrown up. I saw a doctor that Tuesday, but didn't want to tell him everything, so he thought it was really bad nausea and constipation so he gave me a prescription nausea med. I got really worried that night, and went to the ER. The doctor there confirmed almost everything i thought was happening, but had no idea what the cause was. I got X-rays and other stuff of my intestines, but they appeared normal and healthy. The doctors didn't know why I had all these conditions, but I knew the problem was in my stomach. They said I'm not in life threatening or permanent danger, so that calmed me down a lot. I stopped the baking soda Sunday, 2 days earlier, and after 3 more days i finally had a bowel movement. I was living off smoothies, vitamins, and supplements until then, which was misreble. Unfortunately, I'm still having digestive issues, and it's been over a month, but it's almost back to normal. Umm... kinda just realized i wrote a borderline essay on the negitive effects of baking soda which probably isn't too necessary for your question, but i really dont wanna delete it cuz I'm on adderall and like it's just heartbreaking to delete your writing on adderall, you know.

Are you making sure you're eating and drinking in a healthy manner? I've said this numerous times before, the best potentiation I've found for adderall is maintaining a healthy diet and sleeping well.

If I eat like shit or not enough on adderall the negative physical and mental effects are amplified. I'm not just saying this to promote good health or some bullshit like that, this is actually what gives me the most euphoria and best experience on adderall.

No potentiation method has worked as well, the only thing that has come close was the antidepressant paroxetine. It's a potent cyp2d6 inhibitor as well as an ssri, it made my adderall feel twice as powerful the only problem was it made my vision extremely blurry so I don't use it anymore.