• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which arylcyclohexylamine has the most promising antidepressant effect?

3-MeO-PCE has one hell of a tasty mania
Hmm, I can not really agree this. For me it has only a little bit of mania compared to MXE, and then only at the afterglow (compared to the peak till the end with MXE). May be that depends that I am using mostly max 20mg for one hit and max 40mg (snorted can be more) in a whole session. For me 3-MeO-PCE is a very forgivable, warm and lovely desso.

My reading skillz leave a lot to be desired.
Two days ago I was seeing dimethylation on a primary amine. Now Im seeing methyl for ethyl.

Ive not had 3-MeO-Pce. I'm not sure the PCE series is for me...perhaps 3-ho-pce Id try.

Morninggloryseed, did you answered to my question? I am unsure because you wrote 3-MeO-PCP and I meant 3-MeO-PCE...

Has anyone actually tried using any dissio medicinally and not ended up with a habit?

Seems the addictive quality of these drugs makes them a bad fit for self medication.

I used to be able to do Ket for a day and then have a great few weeks.
Now i dont want to touch it cause i might want to do it again the next week etc.

If I havent done Ket for awhile i dont think about it.
But once ive done a bit i just want to keep it up.
After that i could def keep going if i have more the next day.

Its weird since ive never really abused it, ive done like a gram a week for some short periods.
But usually i have i less then once per month.

For me use of 3-MeO-PCP was in some ways self-limiting and I never had much trouble keeping it reasonable (if you call daily threshold doses to trial as AD reasonable). But I've already elaborated on why I think its AD potential is a bit of an illusion.
I don't recommend trying 3-MeO-PCP for that purpose and even if I thought it had that kind of activity (the K kind of AD effect that does not require a trip level dosage) its use may not be self-limiting for others as it was for me so I would hate it if it were taken as a recommendation if people assume it is just as safe for everyone.

It's generally a nice drug though in my opinion, don't get me wrong...

IMO if you start using a disso medicinally you would have to use a very low dose K regimen so there shouldn't be much recreational about it at all so also not habit forming since with no direct effects it shouldn't be reinforcing in that way. Therefore the pitfall doesn't seem to be the addictive quality but the self-restraint you would have to exercize to not abuse it when you have it at home and the medicinal administration is enticing to you. Can you have other drugs you like at home without using them, for indefinite periods? I would start with that question. If not, then the problem isn't that the drugs are potentially addictive but that you are (poly / aspecifically) addicted already. Either way no judgement here, I find things like that pretty hard though I am getting better at restraining myself. :)

Yeah, I also used 3-MeO-PCP near-daily for a while at very low dosages taken a few times a day, I'm talking 1-2mg bumps with hours between. It definitely had an effect even with the first dose, but it would build up and cause euphoria and hypomania, and lots of energy and focus. As far as being an interesting and top-notch euphoriant and sometimes useful tool, it worked very well. By a few days in I'd be feeling amazing and pretty much feel like I was operating on all cylinders. The low dose made it so I was not intoxicated, it was more like super-sobriety. But when I stopped taking it and it cleared my system, I'd be back to wherever I started. It was more of a recreational day booster than an antidepressant. Also it builds each day even at such low doses (when taken multiple times a day), so the 5th day was about as far as I was willing to take it, I would start to feel too manic after that. It also in general made me more compulsive while doing these runs. Lastly, but not leastly, I've seen lots of people on here, and a really close friend of mine in real life too, really lose the plot on 3-MeO-PCP and go into psychosis or intense delusional mania. Invariably they think they're doing great and have it together and are making sense, but they absolutely are not. My good friend lost the plot pretty bad, it was fucked up. I've never lost the plot on it, but I've never experienced psychosis from anything before, and also I was taking low doses whereas some people take doses way bigger than I'd ever take. 3-MeO seems to have a particularly strong potential to cause psychosis.

3-meo-PCP made me feel on top of the world until about 10 days after I got commited to the psych ward (2 times.)

For me use of 3-MeO-PCP was in some ways self-limiting and I never had much trouble keeping it reasonable (if you call daily threshold doses to trial as AD reasonable). But I've already elaborated on why I think its AD potential is a bit of an illusion.
I don't recommend trying 3-MeO-PCP for that purpose and even if I thought it had that kind of activity (the K kind of AD effect that does not require a trip level dosage) its use may not be self-limiting for others as it was for me so I would hate it if it were taken as a recommendation if people assume it is just as safe for everyone.

It's generally a nice drug though in my opinion, don't get me wrong...

IMO if you start using a disso medicinally you would have to use a very low dose K regimen so there shouldn't be much recreational about it at all so also not habit forming since with no direct effects it shouldn't be reinforcing in that way. Therefore the pitfall doesn't seem to be the addictive quality but the self-restraint you would have to exercize to not abuse it when you have it at home and the medicinal administration is enticing to you. Can you have other drugs you like at home without using them, for indefinite periods? I would start with that question. If not, then the problem isn't that the drugs are potentially addictive but that you are (poly / aspecifically) addicted already. Either way no judgement here, I find things like that pretty hard though I am getting better at restraining myself. :)

Nah for me its just the K, i can have whatever at home and not touch it.
But K i need to keep at a distance.
Its the only drug i can get to the moon and back and then feel fine a few hours after.

Unless i do more then a gram in a day im all good next morning.
But with longer duration dissios or psychedelics im toast for at least a day afterwards.

Its just a risky proposition for me,

Hmm well maybe deschloroketamine then, if it is as shitty for you recreationally as it is for me: a short high/trip (not even with my permatolerance) followed by a day+ of being immobilized and feeling like utter crap. If it still retains similar AD potential and it very well might, then perhaps that is less risky to use medicinally if you are not attracted to abusing it. At much lower dosages none of that should be a problem and you could use it to your advantage, but nobody knows if it is efficacious afaik.
As with many things, you would need to avoid trying to force it into something it's not. I have tried analogues of drugs I loved and when they came up short pushed the envelope basically in the hope (and mostly denial) that it would start delivering, only a little late. And I have seen others with such patterns. I never did that with DCK though, it was too discouraging.

That kind of denial can get you into a lot of trouble. You can waste time, energy and your health not facing the fact that you can't really make certain drugs work or that you lost the magic you chase.

My impression of DCK was just like yours the first time I had it... got a batch that was one of the early ones. I remember I did 40mg followed by 20mg, and had a light disso experience that was not noteworthy, and then couldn't sleep for like 10 hours and felt off the next day. I've had some from a different batch recently a few times, as little as 7mg produces a nice effect, 15mg was stronger, more sparkly and more psychedelic than the 60mg I had of the original batch, and I felt great afterwards. I think something was up with that initial batch, I hated that one but I like this one. This one is much more potent, it's very noticeable. It reminds me of a much less warm MXE sort of. Not nearly as good as MXE but it has some of that magic.

Although i enjoy longer duration dissios i rarely them.
I have chronic back injury that always gets weird if i do anything longer lasting then K.
Its something with the loss of balance and proprioseption i think.
With K or nitrous you get back to normal quite fast.
Compared to something like dxm or 4-meo-pcp (good times)
Doing any of them will leave me feeling smashed and bruised.

I really enjoyed mxe though, but even that feels hard on the body compared to K.

They are analgesic so if you do dissociatives that are less immobilizing than K which is almost all of them, it's really easy to force and hurt any physical weak points because you don't really feel the pain. I get that even with dissos that don't make me lose my balance.

4-MeO-PCP i don't have high hopes for either being an AD, again because it is not that directly related to K structurally and the AD effect on mTor and potency as a dissociative don't have to bear a relationship. So careful with assumptions.
DXM even moreso.. not an arylcyclohexylamine really but a morphinan, also it has serotonergic effects beyond those of other dissociatives that might qualify as AD in some way but are not useful / responsible to apply..

Has anyone actually tried using any dissio medicinally and not ended up with a habit?

Seems the addictive quality of these drugs makes them a bad fit for self medication.

I used to be able to do Ket for a day and then have a great few weeks.
Now i dont want to touch it cause i might want to do it again the next week etc.

If I havent done Ket for awhile i dont think about it.
But once ive done a bit i just want to keep it up.
After that i could def keep going if i have more the next day.

Its weird since ive never really abused it, ive done like a gram a week for some short periods.
But usually i have i less then once per month.

Yes, I've received months of medical infusions from a clinic. Although ketamine is my favorite drug and more cheaply obtainable elsewhere to say the least, I haven't used ketamine recreationally for years and have no increased desire to do so.

However.....If you hoard non-prescribed ketamine and attempt to inject yourself regularly for strictly medical purposes, I'm certain very few (if any) would be disciplined enough to resist falling into recreational doses and daily use. Heroin has nothing ketamine as the perfect escape from reality.

Last edited:
However.....If you hoard non-prescribed ketamine and attempt to inject yourself regularly for strictly medical purposes, I'm certain very few (if any) would be disciplined enough to resist falling into recreational doses and daily use. Heroin has nothing ketamine as the perfect escape from reality.

Can't ya just take a few tens of mg orally to get various hydroxylated norketamines? That's assuming that theory of action is valid...I guess its antidepressant action is still not fully understood...or am I way off?

MXE seems to be the winner of the thread, for good reason :)
I will defend many other arylcyclohexylamines however for their own spectrums of antidepressant effects. K, 2F-DCK, O-PCE and the 3-meos hit it for me. In agreement with others in this thread, the 3-meos should not be recommended unless for seasoned disso heads because they are less forgiving and less simple to wield.
All the ones I listed leave me a 2-week antidepressant afterglow period, after which I find myself wanting another round. 3-meo-pcp has a more potent but different quality of afterglow than the others.
Overall, an arylcyclohexylamine cycle is the most solid results-based therapy I have tried, but following protocols are necessary for the best results. It may also help if users are up to being their own shamans. It isn't exactly a passive experience...

I had no problems keeping salvia or psychedelics at home without touching them, but with ket, it was impossible for me to keep it more than a couple of days.