• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Which ADHD drug was good for you(and dose)

Tims

Greenlighter
So just throwing about a pretty open question(new to posting on here).
After being diagnosed with adhd, and not depression, after years of being on SSRIs and Benzos,it was pretty
strange taking stimulants instead, and pretty suddenly too. The symptoms of adhd and depression/anxiety disorders can overlap quiet a bit.
Anyway,I’ve tried Ritalin,concerta, and currently on vyvanse 50mg, but not daily, and also needing klonopin and lyrica to help me sleep if I do.
Maybe I’m doing it wrong, and there’s an optimum time period to to regularly take these before they work properly.
I wondered if anyone out here there could share their experience of adhd and/or stimulants.

Ritalin was great for me, 15 mg in the morning. Then I started snorting it. Now, not so good.

Ritalin was great for me, 15 mg in the morning. Then I started snorting it. Now, not so good.
I only found out that I had this adhd thing through snorting myself. Instead of having anxiety, it was relaxing and enjoyable. Oh and it wasn’t quite Ritalin, but I hear it’s chemically similar.
So I guess the 15mg isn’t quite doing it for you right now.

I only found out that I had this adhd thing through snorting myself. Instead of having anxiety, it was relaxing and enjoyable. Oh and it wasn’t quite Ritalin, but I hear it’s chemically similar.
So I guess the 15mg isn’t quite doing it for you right now.

I found out I had ADHD in my 20s. It was a true "EUREKA!" moment.

If my doctor would give me my medication, 15 would be plenty. Of course, it is always a good idea to take a few week long breaks throughout the year. 15 mg is very doable. The doses do go up considerably depending on your needs.

I found out I had ADHD in my 20s. It was a true "EUREKA!" moment

I’m guessing this means you were diagnosed with something else first.
Was the doc giving you something else before they knew it was adhd, like an anti depressants or relaxant? That’s what happened with me.
15mg Ritalin seems pretty low, it’s good you’re keeping it down there at that level. It’s all too easy to just keep upping the dose

I’m guessing this means you were diagnosed with something else first.
Was the doc giving you something else before they knew it was adhd, like an anti depressants or relaxant? That’s what happened with me.
15mg Ritalin seems pretty low, it’s good you’re keeping it down there at that level. It’s all too easy to just keep upping the dose
My grandmother had me doped up to the gills with antipsychotics, anti depressants and mood stabilizers.

You can't medicate the abuse away. She also has a slight touch of munchausen by proxy.