• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Where's The Line Between Personal Use And Dealing

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
At what point does the line get crossed from personal use to intent to supply on the AMOUNT of drugs you're in possession of?

For example if you had £100 worth of heroin you could get away with saying that's for personal use, right? But if you had £3,000 worth of heroin they wouldn't believe you if you said it was personal use, would they?

I'm only asking because I've never dealt drugs, and never will, but need to buy Morphine in bulk for a certain reason (for me, personal use only!) and if I get caught will it look like I'm dealing because the amount I have?

Personally if I was you I would keep most of it stashed at my house or somewhere I new it would be safe and only keep on me what I need for the day if you got got with that much I don't think they would take it lightly

There really isn't a fixed amount and it can vary hugely from drug to drug, the way its packaged, where you caught with it, what else you had with it etc

Say you had an eight ball of coke on you - this could be for personal use. If you had the same weight cut down into .5 bags then this would could be considered intent to supply. If you had the eight ball and a set of scales - again intent to supply. Eightball and a lot of cash - dealing.

Same rule applies to pretty much any drug you can think of.

If for what ever reason your house was searched and you were found to have a lot of any drug then the question would be asked - why? It would be pretty difficult to explain that you had say a kilo of morphine for personal use.

The site cannot offer you legal advice though so this is just my personal opinion on the matter.

Unfortunately this is more a legal discussion then anything else, which we dont do here. There are a lot of different factors that would change the outcome of any given case and apply some common sense to how people view drugs. If you have enough for one person for a few days its easy to argue for personal use however, if its multiple packages or several weeks supply try to think of how many people would think that was just for you.

Bulk definitely would look like dealing to anyone who doesnt know drugs or who is meant to arrest those that do them

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.