• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Where to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadflower

Greenlighter
I think I should've joined this site a long time ago. Hi! I'm new here. :) I'm here because I suspect my BF of maybe using....something, but have no idea what. He smokes but I'm noticing some other things that are just odd and not too familiar w/ substance abuse at all. I don't and never will use. With that said I feel very much at a loss as far as knowledge on this entire topic :( Sad that I have to learn about drugs (something I don't want to really learn about or know anything about) to figure out if my BF is using.....Things I've noticed so far and need some direction for what to read about:

--Purposely shook my leg to see if I would wakeup or say something before he got up from the bed. I was awake and blew it off so I could listen.
--Gets up to pee in the middle of the night-odd I don't hear him pee, he doesn't flush but water is semi/light yellow.
--Right after he will always eat something...usually something sweet. Got up to see what he was upto and followed him back to bed to harass him and check his pockets.
--Found a lighter in his sweatpants pocket this same night (he smokes cigarettes too). Happens semi often. Doing something he needs a lighter for? I don't see any needle marks on arms/legs or anything close to that; haven't checked his toes...somewhere else?
--Always sniffly (says he has allergies). Says he will never touch coke ever, seen too many go down on this.
--Sometimes really awake in the morning.
--Monitor his routine, always bathroom w/ fan in the morning before work and right when getting home...muffle sound?
I've scavenged his stuff to look for other things (pills, powder,etc.) but found nothing except weed. Next I'm tearing apart our bathroom to look for hidden stuff.
Really concerned and lost :( Need some direction with where to even start. :sus:

Most people who inject drugs use their arms and hands before resorting to their legs and feet. Since your boyfriend smokes weed and cigarettes, he would keep a lighter on him for just that. Turning on the bathroom fan could mean he's smoking something and he might have a cig afterwards to try and cover it up. If he is congested frequently, that could indicate he's snorting something. Or he may actually have allergies.

You could try going through the trash bin and look for foil, straws, baggies, etc. Other than that, if your search comes up empty try talking to your boyfriend. Tell him you're concerned over possible drug use in a non-confrontational way. As to what he may be doing, any responses you get here like mine would be speculative in nature so I'm closing this. I hope you get everything sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.