• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Where to start with opioids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller97

Greenlighter
I've been wanting to try opioids for a long time and have used psychs, stims and benzos for quite a while. Where do people think is a good place to start? I've been particuarly interest in the effects of fentanyl recently but as I'm aware I have quite an addictive personality and am assuming fentanyl is considerably more addictive than coke with which at times I can struggle. I'm not sure if its something only to be considered having become accustomed to opioids. Any experiences about the different effects one can hoe to achieve from different options would be great as well.

Any advice/experiences would be great, in spite of a lot of the above being potentially not very helpful...

All the best.

Stop before you start unless you're fine with spending all your money, burning bridges with family, and over all ruining your life. I type this sitting in the living room of the half way house I'm a resident of due to my opiate addiction.

If you don't take my words of wisdom to heart do not start with fentanyl. Fentanyl isn't even that great of an opioid but it'll kill you before you know what the hell happened.

Fentanyl is not really a recreational opioid. There's no euphoria like with most opiates, just sedation (and if you have no tolerance it's like a surefire OD).

Fentanyl is NOT for the opiate naive... meaning you MUST have a tolerance, HUGE TOLERANCE, to opiates. If you don't even have a tolerance to say, codeine or hydrocodone (the weakest of the opiate family), Fentanyl will most likely kill you. That's how so many kids are simply dying when they eat Fentanyl.
You don't bench press 400lbs if you are new to weights, know what I mean? You don't just start on Fentanyl, one builds up to that.. but usually those with mind-bending pain and/or they're terminal. Fentanyl is considered 100x stronger than morphine, 30x-50x stronger than heroin.

Don't be another statistic. Start with basic painkillers if you are new. Google more info on safer meds if you are going to do it. But I see you mentioned you have an addictive personality? I hate to break it to you, but ALL addicts have addictive personalities. It's part of the disease and it's right there in the title -- ADDICT.

Knowing this information, the smartest thing to do is not pick-up. I just got out of a sober living house (half-way house) like Evilpanda here.. painkillers, especially FENTANYL, basically ruined my life. I am slowly picking up the pieces. Don't be another statistic. And for the love of all sacred, do not do Fentanyl. Can't say this enough, you have no tolerance.. it will kill you. If it miraculously doesn't... you will have a shitty high, puke your guts out, and have a migraine the size of Jupiter. And most likely wake up in the hospital. Doesn't sound very recreational.

I've been using for 5 years and a 200ug fentanyl sublingual tablet completely knocked me on my ass for a long time too, I really wasn't expecting it and it felt kind of dangerous. If I'm not mistaken there is more respiratory depression than traditional opioids.

I would really strongly recommend never starting with them not even once, because I am addicted now and it is hell on earth. Addiction is always a big risk when you try it.

To answer your question, I would start with half a percocet. If you are dead set on it and we can't change your mind to make the better choice. You want to start off with the lowest possible doses because they will still get you really high and not fuck with your tolerance as much, allowing you to enjoy opiates for a longer period of time before they ruin your life. So that is 2.5mg oxycodone and you can work your way up from there. That 2.5mg was more than enough for me when I started. Now, I need around 60mg of oxy to be somewhat satisfied, I wouldn't even feel 20mg let alone 2.5 because of tolerance. Tolerance rises drastically with this drug and very quickly. Just don't fuck with them it's really not worth it, but if you are going to I'd recommend low doses of oxycodone in percocet form... but I hear even these are being counterfeited now. Fentanyl is the shittiest opiate I have ever tried. It doesn't even originate from the sacred pain relieving poppy plant. Also, it's reserved at low doses in a medical setting for cancer patients who already have a significant opioid tolerance. If you're smart you won't start using them. If you like the feeling, you'll do it again. The suffering is not even describable years down the road when you're an addict.

Perhaps reconsider your reasons for wanting to start because the risk is your life. This is putting your life at risk.

You did all those, OP, and never got a tylenol with codeine or a vicodin script? What a weird upbringing.

Yeah, start with those.

Why not join in: Folks, Fentanyl is a short-acting anaesthetic. It has a duration of about a minute when given IV. Craziest sensation I've had (well, in a clinic) was when the researchers (in pain science!) stopped the fentanyl IV after an hour. I was out of a strong fog before I realized it was over. That's why it's in lollipops and patches. Even if you didn't OD, it would make a terrible high since a shot wouldn't last a commercial break. Whoever is doping heroin with it is evil. There is no real recreation potential there, and again, the media gets it out, it turns into the "such a good high it'll kill you" drug in kids' heads.

As I understand it, dealers are lacing their heroin with Fentanyl for the sole purpose of CAUSING an OD so that they're brand gets associated with an OD. One or two hits out of the batch are laced, the user is unwittingly taking the laced hit, and blam *overdose*. The brand gets word of mouth with an OD and users flock to that brand knowing it's strong, again UNWITTING of the Fentanyl.

There's an idea of how strong and deadly this medication is, dealers are purposely causing overdoses. Nasty motherfuckers. I wish I could say I believe in karma, but I hope they get what's coming to them.

Here's how you start.

Step one : identify where opiates are
Step two : run like hell from them and never look back while making sure you don't run into them again

You're on a bad path especially considering starting with fentanyl. Addiction and dependency will be your last concern when you are falling out knowing you're about to die only to wake up to eat shooting you with narcan.... If you're lucky enough to be found and not left for dead.

Edit : I am quite disappointed with people's recommendation to start with pills as if the risk of OD and dependency and addiction don't exists with them just because they are not dosed at a strength most regular users care for, and I say regular instead of recreation as opiates are not a recreational drug. The fact of the matter is it's more likely to lead to a bad habit as it's an extremely potent opioid just dosed for non tolerant people.

The other reason I'm disappointed is obviously no one read or cares about the BLUA we all agree to follow stating "no 'what should I take?/how do I get high?' threads." We are here to discuss harm reduction around drug use not drug use. Harm reduction means sometimes the best advice is not to use. This information is easy to find and if someone can only find it if someone tells them in response to them asking for the information it's a good sign they are not ready to use. All you are doing is enabling harmful usage. Seriously fucking shame on y'all for such a disregard for what bluelight stands for. I expect better from this community I tend to love and hate while right now it's more hate then love.

Last edited:
Seriously fucking shame on y'all for such a disregard for what bluelight stands for. I expect better from this community I tend to love and hate while right now it's more hate then love.

Due respect, Mr. Taco, but I gave her info, was snooty.

Statements like "Run for the hills 'ere the poppy demon grabs you" don't help anyone. She's already looking in to Fentanyl, what with the mystique the media's given it.
Kids hear that overblown shit, manage to get their hands on pills, and when the high is just kinda pleasant and no one vomits or shits themselves or robs a pharmacy the next day, all your credibility is gone.

It's not that I disagree with you on potential--I've seen plenty of detoxing opiate addicts and the suffering they face in quitting.
I also don't believe any person is more or less at risk of addiction, all things equal, or that drug of choice makes much difference.
But then, my sorry readily-addicted ass walked out of the hospital after 8 straight days of continual dilaudid IV, countless other encounters, and I think the high is overblown.

My point is that the truth is, as much as it doesn't fit with current arglebargle over bad heroin and oxycontin and the decline of coal mining (before that is was the looming menace of shake 'n bake meth, before that it was the crack epidemic, and before that LSD and pot, even coffee in Victorian times), millions of people have used opiate pills and never had a problem. At all. It is NOT a promise to addiction by any means, and you, sir, shouldn't say that it is, on a harm reduction site.

EDIT: if you can point out a post that is actually enabling or encouraging OP, I'd like to see it.

Last edited:
In our current society with the stigma even responsible users are getting fucked because of the excessively high prices and lack of access in the medical system.

Sure if you live where you can get the natural form otc and can keep to using realistic doses taking breaks avoiding withdrawals good for you, but most end up craving the relief it gives, which I speak from experience.

Just as you said no one has a greater or less potential to become dependant from birth, but more someone's health and life situation will dictate their likelihood of addiction and obviously the op is very likely considering fentanyl just because it's "available," which it is really not anymore. You might as well buy heroin if you go where fentanyl is available as you'll only find it where both are available to say the least.

Plus as I said it's against the blua to recommend them stuff as they will have to go on the street or steal their parents pills and both of those are harmful actions not just to the op for the latter. Especially when there are easy alternatives that don't involve breaking the law, but I'm not trying to be too obvious as the op needs to research this subject themselves more and educate themselves to make the right choice rather than expecting to be told what to do if they ask.

Thank you very much for your replies everyone. Would vicodin/oxycodone be plausible ways to start or is it just not worth it for the possible down side..?

This topic isn't in the interest of HR. I fully agree with tacodude here. OP, if you already know you have an addictive personality why do you want to get started with using opioids? it's very fair to assume that anyone with an addictive personality will have a very very high chance of becoming an addict, and in many more cases, it will slowly ruin your life.

Many people with no previous history of addiction end up addicted to painkillers. Opioids are among the most rewarding drugs out there. IMO, you should stick to safer alternatives like cannabis. I don't think it's realistic to think that someone with an addictive personality can responsibly use opioids. That's not to say it can't happen, but you would have to be an extremely rare exception.

Recommending drugs and helping people chase highs are not HR material, so I'm closing this. I think the only good advice you can get is to not fuck with opioids at all if you have an addictive personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.