where have you been, will power?

bomber

Bluelighter
First time my will power letted me down. I use heroin about 5 months now and generally have the use under complete control. I do heroin every new month for 2 or 3 days some times 4, but never more than I first decide. If I decide in the begining that Ill take, for example, 1.5. g, Ill stop when my H is over and wait for the next month. This time though my H was over in 2 days, and the third day, especially when the night came, this strong depression came back on me at night. It was long since I felt that and this time I just couldn't handle it, so I went back and bought some H.
Now I feel like I dissapointed my self. Yet, Im not addicted to that sneaky bitch (H) but it's happening like people warned me first time. My will power will not always be there, sometimes it will just all feel unimportant and Ill give up to using.
Im not sure why Im posting that, maybe all I want is to admit that this was a small defeat just to confort my self. You have to be very strict to your self to control the use of a drug like heroin, and that's what Im doing now, I scold my self.
Anyone been there?

There is no such thing as controled dope use. The only people i've known that were able to use it occasionally were the ones that didn't really like it and prefered differen't drugs. It took me 7 years of opiate use before i eventually turned into a "junkie". You might control it as in lock it out of your normal life.... But it will open a black hole in your life that will slowly swallow everything around it.
Some fall fast. For others it takes years. As long as you have a good life you won't neccessarely develop a problem with it but when shit gets tough you will always know where to turn to. But of course, you are different?!

No judgment, just my experience...

Heroin is not a party drug dawg. IT just isnt. YOur gonna end up falling on your face harder than you can even imagine. Just stop now while its easy.

^+1. Bomber, I know that you this but I'm going to say it anyway: you have to heal the wound that makes you susceptible to the "warm blanket". If you don't need a warm blanket because it isn't cold outside, there is no need for willpower at all. Don't fool yourself that you usually have it under control. It has you under control and that control changes over time.

This is how it happens..your will power is slowly defeated by the cravings for dope..all it takes is a crisis and you will think of how dope will take all the pain away and u will break your rules and use..u cannot control dope use because you are fighting your own brain which wants it's endorphin rush and it will manipulate u to get it.. Your mind does not want what's best for you

Every chipper is an addict in waiting. Noone realises they've been had until it's too late.

The fact that you emphasize having 'complete control' is a huge red flag. By the way, small binges like that are very risky as opposed to sporadic one-time usage. Easy chance for an extended stay going on those runs, and it already goes to show that you are chasing the feeling.

I agree with most everything that's been said and I think the OP is deluded - but also to be fair many people have been in the same spot, it's really hard for a deluded mind to listen to helpful advice, and they might just be pretty clueless about how addiction works. It's almost funny how easily predictable it is though - that this person is very likely to become an addict, but probably is blinded by the risk entirely. It always starts off innocent enough. A chipper is an addict waiting to happen, especially if they enjoy opiates over stimulants. You already said you used more because there is something you couldn't handle (depression, which happens to be exacerbated by opiate withdrawal). Perhaps this is a subconscious cry for help before it's too late, or maybe you are looking for a confirmation of what you already know to be true. I wouldn't consider this "dark side" material by the way because there isn't any suffering or torment, just a big problem waiting to unravel if the addictive behaviour is not acknowledged and abruptly stopped.

In fact, the addiction is so incredibly miserable that even if you have all the willpower in the world, which is tough to self-judge, it's simply not worth the risk of losing your life and dying of drugs and all the bad things that can happen. Arguably you have a greater risk of death because of your low tolerance from not using regularly, further making it not worth your while. The addiction comes on very slow, in fact I didn't encounter serious withdrawals until after two years of heavy daily use, which was for chronic pain so it was truly habitual.

You're already addicted in my opinion. It's pretty arrogant to do heroin a few days in a row for just a few months (very inexperienced user) and already boast about how you have the control to master it, and the willpower. What the fuck? If that's truly what you think, you are in for a life lesson my friend. You will get stomped on by that drug if that's what you think, but go ahead and prove me wrong, we'll talk in a few years. Most nobody who enjoys it has any control until they see the consequences which can take years to manifest, and even more time to resolve. You are a new user. Fresh meat to the dope monster. 5 months is nothing if you only used a few days each month and look, you already broke your rule. Even if you used every single day of those 5 months, you might not have serious withdrawal yet depending on the dose. And you might still think that you are in control, because admitting that you're not means admitting that you have a drug problem that could potentially escalate very quickly to something beyond your wildest dreams.

Of course you are going to think you're in control for a while, otherwise it wouldn't work. It's only a matter of time. My first gram of heroin lasted 6 months. If you are using 1.5 grams in a matter of days, it's honestly just a disaster waiting to happen. Would you walk away from it? To me, it sounds like you never had willpower to begin with. What about skipping this month... or this year? How would you feel about that. Or never using it again. You wouldn't do it I bet - because after all, you're in control. There would be no reason to do something like that. After all, you only have your whole life to lose, and a silly high to gain.

Many more people have been in your situation and gone on to become addicts than not in my opinion. Hopefully if enough people recognize how risky your behaviour is, you might begin to recognize it yourself. Scolding yourself and admitting a 'small defeat' isn't go to do shit when you're up against this beast. That's not willpower.

Last edited:
bro people are giving u brilliant insight here. If you keep up with the H you gonna see true hell man. I promise you. No matter who you are. This shit will bring you to your knees if you play with it. Your at the very beggining.

Thanks for the advice people, I realy apreciate it. The fact that not a single of the answers found it possible to controll H for ever realy shows me something, it does ring a bell. And after all, you are right. I don't have H under complete control. You know how I know? I can't stop. Knowing that it is possible to feel like heroin makes you feel, and knowing that I did a good job waiting for a month with out it I will give it to my self. If I don't, I'll always have that feeling like "yeah, it's all good, but something is missing"...
It seems that you have to see the ungly face of this drug to realy get out of it and Im not even close to seeing it so far.
But... ain't that possible to keep it the way I do it now? I mean, since you don't have tolerance and not expiriencing w.d. when you stop, you still have some kind of control.
To say it more clear, ok, complete control of that sneaky bitch is impossible, but is it nessecery to see the ungly face of it in the end?

Nah bro your already hooked. Your not gonna control nothing. You already said it. Your out of control now! None of us are gonna stop you now. But u really should. Your basically at the start of a really really terrible disease and dont really know what hte fuck your getting yourself into. Shit isn't as casual as u making it out to be.

The fact that you emphasize having 'complete control' is a huge red flag. By the way, small binges like that are very risky as opposed to sporadic one-time usage. Easy chance for an extended stay going on those runs, and it already goes to show that you are chasing the feeling.

I agree with most everything that's been said and I think the OP is deluded - but also to be fair many people have been in the same spot, it's really hard for a deluded mind to listen to helpful advice, and they might just be pretty clueless about how addiction works. It's almost funny how easily predictable it is though - that this person is very likely to become an addict, but probably is blinded by the risk entirely. It always starts off innocent enough. A chipper is an addict waiting to happen, especially if they enjoy opiates over stimulants. You already said you used more because there is something you couldn't handle (depression, which happens to be exacerbated by opiate withdrawal). Perhaps this is a subconscious cry for help before it's too late, or maybe you are looking for a confirmation of what you already know to be true. I wouldn't consider this "dark side" material by the way because there isn't any suffering or torment, just a big problem waiting to unravel if the addictive behaviour is not acknowledged and abruptly stopped.

In fact, the addiction is so incredibly miserable that even if you have all the willpower in the world, which is tough to self-judge, it's simply not worth the risk of losing your life and dying of drugs and all the bad things that can happen. Arguably you have a greater risk of death because of your low tolerance from not using regularly, further making it not worth your while. The addiction comes on very slow, in fact I didn't encounter serious withdrawals until after two years of heavy daily use, which was for chronic pain so it was truly habitual.

You're already addicted in my opinion. It's pretty arrogant to do heroin a few days in a row for just a few months (very inexperienced user) and already boast about how you have the control to master it, and the willpower. What the fuck? If that's truly what you think, you are in for a life lesson my friend. You will get stomped on by that drug if that's what you think, but go ahead and prove me wrong, we'll talk in a few years. Most nobody who enjoys it has any control until they see the consequences which can take years to manifest, and even more time to resolve. You are a new user. Fresh meat to the dope monster. 5 months is nothing if you only used a few days each month and look, you already broke your rule. Even if you used every single day of those 5 months, you might not have serious withdrawal yet depending on the dose. And you might still think that you are in control, because admitting that you're not means admitting that you have a drug problem that could potentially escalate very quickly to something beyond your wildest dreams.

Of course you are going to think you're in control for a while, otherwise it wouldn't work. It's only a matter of time. My first gram of heroin lasted 6 months. If you are using 1.5 grams in a matter of days, it's honestly just a disaster waiting to happen. Would you walk away from it? To me, it sounds like you never had willpower to begin with. What about skipping this month... or this year? How would you feel about that. Or never using it again. You wouldn't do it I bet - because after all, you're in control. There would be no reason to do something like that. After all, you only have your whole life to lose, and a silly high to gain.

Many more people have been in your situation and gone on to become addicts than not in my opinion. Hopefully if enough people recognize how risky your behaviour is, you might begin to recognize it yourself. Scolding yourself and admitting a 'small defeat' isn't go to do shit when you're up against this beast. That's not willpower.

Do you say that Im new to heroin to insult me? I wish I will always be new to heroin t.b.h.

Bro your future self is gonna want and come to save yourself now. Just save yourself before it becomes a nightmare the likes of which you never knew was possible.

Intresting you say that, cause if I could I would send my present self to advice my former self. Seems you've been there though, and maybe you can see why it ain't that easy to stop right now. Knowing how good this shit makes you feel and not having seen the bad face yet, is a combination that will make you do it again when you feel like you waited enough, you know the feeling?

Ya I know exactly where you are right now. I been there bro!! For reals. Its never going to get easier to quit than it is now. Only about a 100x harder. Think I'm joking? It doesn't get easier. It gets only harder. Shit completely destroyed my life bro. It happens gradually man. Even at the start you think your ok for a couple of years. How are you going to afford your habit? Can you afford it? If not be prepared to sell all your shit and start hustling.

I say if you're even questioning it, it's not a risky game. Are you really willing to take a 1/4 chance in ruining your life? Basically Russian Roulette with no positive outcome. That will only fades over time and the drug only becomes harder to resist.

I say if you're even questioning it, it's not a risky game. Are you really willing to take a 1/4 chance in ruining your life? Basically Russian Roulette with no positive outcome. That will only fades over time and the drug only becomes harder to resist.
Well, if realy these are the chanses, I'd say it worthes it. Russian rulette doesn't feel good...

Those are statistics. Everyone is different and that's a lot higher of a chance then it sounds. Imagine standing in a room with 4 people and one of you is gonna drop dead. Some odds in your favor but I guarantee you don't want to find out if you're the 25%.

I can't dissuade you, if you think the high is worth it you'll end up going for it, im sure many can tell you it doesn't last very long and the inevitable pain and sorrow that follows makes the decision regrettable. You could also simply OD and die, and that might not even be your fault. You could go to jail, lose your job, deteriorate your health. I'm just saying don't delude yourself, this is going to hurt you and from your post it doesn't seem like you want to figure what life on the other side of the coin is like. Plus you already seem unhappy with the effect it has on your self esteem and discipline. You theoretically can take heroin and have that control but im betting that's very few people who have the emotional investment in it that are able to just control it or walk away from it when they please.

When a physical substance is already gaining that control over your mind you should be honest with yourself. I don't think any human truly wants to live that life. Drugs seem like an answer in the moment when we are in pain but if you take a step back im sure you will see there is something far deeper past your heroin use that demands the attention you can't give it while actively abusing. Not saying you're a drug addict necessarily but if you feel like this is the only way you can live your life that's concerning.

Just worried about you! Just please be safe if you chose to use, practice HR and general consciousness. I don't think your loss of willpower against a drug is a moral failing, you're just a human reacting to the world around you in a very human way.

You're right no one wants a life that is going to backfire at some point. That's the problem. If it backfired immediately then no one would go there. However it takes time and we get to feel good enough to want life in the meantime. Then slowly it's gone and the misery sets in. That's why some then choose suicide.