View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Where has 2C-I gone?

thizzkid

Bluelighter
So without breaking BL rules as far as sourcing, does anyone have an explanation to to the utter disappearance of a once thriving RC? While 2C-B which used to be impossible to find has now become easily available (again no sources people) the more obscure 2C-x drugs have gone entirely...Why?:/ I miss my 2C-i adventures; probably the best 2c-x in my opinion.

Because 25i-NBOMe and others of the NBOMe series can be made with similar ease but are ~50x more potent by weight.
Labs simply make more money with NBOMe

I think to a degree that its illegality in a number of countries prohibits its production and distribution; it has been illegal in the US, EU and China for quite a while now, meaning no one can produce or sell it as a legal RC any more. In the EU most other 2C-xs are legal aside from I and B, so that's my theory as to why it's not around. Never got to try it, such a shame... Same with B. I'll have to settle with having known C, D, E and P. Same thing happened with 2C-T-7, it's illegal just about everywhere, so it simply disappeared from the face of the earth. Gotta wonder if there's people out there making/selling these still... One can hope.

While stuff like LSD is still produced illegally, it is much more famous/notorious than something unknown like 2C-I, meaning that illegal demand for LSD will drive production, while no one really even knows that 2C-I ever existed in the general drug using community.

As 240sx said, it's mostly because of the scheduling in the US and Europe.

But 240sx, you'll find 2C-B one day. I thought I'd never get to try any of the scheduled ones, and then at a local burn, bam, there's a dude with an entire flask full of 2C-B suspended in solution :D

I thought it was because China band 116 research chemicals last month. If you had the right connections to certain private vendors then 2ci was available, as of last month. The ban happened what little stock was left got sold overnight. Replaced with 2c-e 2ç-ip 2c-c, 2c-d.

Yep, it was banned in China recently, and it's been illegal in the US and EU for years, that's why it's not around anymore. Try befriending an organic chemistry grad student and have them make a small batch for you in the lab after-hours. ;)

I'm pretty sure the US ban in 2011 of many 2C-Xs is what caused the flood of NBOMes on the market, a lot of vendors wanted to get rid of their stock. Unfortunately they were selling them at the same price back then, which doesn't make a lot of sense when a gram of NBOMe contains something like 40 times the number of doses of the equivalent 2C-X.

Last edited:
As much as I liked 25-C glad that's gone.
Might have to put on my detective cap and see about this 2C-D that's around, that's the one I always wanted but never bought when I had the clear-net chance. 2C-I was great though, body high like the best speed mixed with a roll, pretty kaleidoscope visuals, and a head-space that made fantasy or reality both easy to deal with. Miss that gram and a half.

Why not 2c IP that one sounds interesting any body got any experience or knowledge of this chemical?

I think to a degree that its illegality in a number of countries prohibits its production and distribution; it has been illegal in the US, EU and China for quite a while now, meaning no one can produce or sell it as a legal RC any more.

I have asked some canadian vendors if they could carry certain things not banned in canada. They said Canada isnt a big enough market alone for someone to bother making something. Once stuff is banned in EU/Usa/uk it doesnt make much sense for anyone to make it so it gets defacto banned in Canada too.

Well someone must have managed to get their hands on it. There are some 10mg 2C-I pills going around Canada that have been confirmed by ecstasydata. I tried one and really enjoyed it, 10mg is a good dose and I preferred it to 10mg of 2C-B.

Prolly cause they have a RC supplier that has a boatload of 2C-¥\£?!

Unfortunately for this guy they don't ship them to where I live

Without going to far into synthesis discussion, it would seem that making 2C-I from 2C-B would be relatively feasible. Makes me wonder if anyone will try and cash in on the demand for it sometime soon.

Why not 2c IP that one sounds interesting any body got any experience or knowledge of this chemical?

I've had a sample of that for years but never got around to trying it. The few reports I've seen made it sound similar to 2C-E, which isn't one of my favorites.

Prolly cause they have a RC supplier that has a boatload of 2C-¥\£?!

Unfortunately for this guy they don't ship them to where I live

LOL, is this some kind of joke about currency rates?! :?

I have asked some canadian vendors if they could carry certain things not banned in canada. They said Canada isnt a big enough market alone for someone to bother making something. Once stuff is banned in EU/Usa/uk it doesnt make much sense for anyone to make it so it gets defacto banned in Canada too.

Well someone must have managed to get their hands on it. There are some 10mg 2C-I pills going around Canada that have been confirmed by ecstasydata. I tried one and really enjoyed it, 10mg is a good dose and I preferred it to 10mg of 2C-B.

I seem to remember quite a few Canadian vendors selling it a few years back. Strange that they would change their stance, given that it's been banned in the UK for as long as I've been into drugs/using bluelight.

10mg of 2C-B is a very low dose, whereas 10mg of 2C-I is a reasonable dose. 2C-I is quite a bit more potent than 2C-B.