Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Where do pills get their colour from??

rich212

Greenlighter
I'm not interested in supplying any drugs whatsoever

I am just curious on how pills are different colours. I always assumed the MDMA was just simply pressed into a shape, but what makes the colours?

Most pills require fillers to achieve the desired size of the press. Even 200mg of MDMA if pressed into a solid mass would create such a small volume they become impractical. As kittycat said, these inert fillers also contain dyes.

Shit like milk powder can be used as the 'inactive filler' to hold the pill together, and then food colouring/dye is used to give it colour.

Its nothing but dye. Color of pill tells you nothing besides its color for branding purposes. Pill binders are like the concrete for contruction of the pill. Pill binders bind the pill together. Some pills are binded better than others.

nothing but dye.

I can't believe people even today still believe the colour of the pill indicates their contents (eg blue pills are speed based, green ketamine etc - non sense!) or their strength

Even recently a friend of mine told me to get red pills in future because they're always the strongest !!!????

Lol I know colours tell you nothing at all. I was simply asking how the pill got its colour. Thanks for clearing it up though.