• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Where did my weekend go?

J

jjclemmens123

Hi, so on Friday night I took 1.5 mg xanax, and about an hour later I had a beer. I felt pretty good, but the rest of the night is a blur. I woke up at 8 the next day, called out from work, and slept until 7 on Monday. I later found out that out of the 5 1.5 mg xanax I had left from that night, only 1 was left. Did I pop the rest during my black out? Any experience/advice with this situation would be much appreciated.

I would assume this post is going in the other drugs thread in the focus forums :) thanks mods

nothing unusual here. xanax is a potent benzo. it fucks with the ability to form memories thru GABA action.

i used to take lots of xanax.

when you begin losing personal items and money, you eventually stop taking high doses.

anything over 1mg with alcohol will cause serious memory loss.

my advice is to never pass 0.5mg when drinking and 1mg max alone.

anything over that is unnecessary and counter-productive to forming new memories :).

this used to happen all the time with me mixing alcohol with xanax i would wake up the next morning with a totally blank memory of night before, not like a hangover where some scenes are remembered but as if it never happened. People used to relay my embarassing stories (in a way grateful that i cant remember anything lol) and nothing would come back. All the xanax i would take out with me would be gone and i used to take a strip out everytime.. stopped taking so much out with me as my 'security' anymore and now taping as been addicted way too long..

this happened to me frequently. I had a hard run with alcohol and benzos after a break up. I stopped when I started waking up with no memory, covered in my own piss and shit.
I lost tons of belongings and drugs

no one knows what happened to your pills. You could have eaten them in a black out easily, or dropped them for that matter.

I take an Rx benzo daily and still drink, but both are reasonable amounts. only a few mornings have I had that "I don't remember going to bed" feeling.

Lol it depends on your tolerance. I've taken 5mg Xanax, 100mg valium, etc., all without memory loss. The earlier nights are a little blurry to be expected; I might not remember the show I watched entirely.

The only time I've ever experienced this phenomenon of blacking out and taking way more than I should was with Klonopin. That's the one benzo I won't fuck with anymore.