Mental Health When were the BEST 5 to 10 years of your life? vs When were the WORST?

For me, the best years of my life were the last 5 (57 to 62) tied with the first 5 of my 20s.

The worst? 12 to 17, tied with 26 to 31.

You?
The first lustrum of anyone's 20's are the best years ever. You are young, independent, start experiencing adulthood and got unlimited energy to do stuff.

The first lustrum of anyone's 20's are the best years ever. You are young, independent, start experiencing adulthood and got unlimited energy to do stuff.
All true.
Plus, I still had the idealism to believe that anything was possible. And I was utterly indestructible--- or so I thought.

I can't say best or worst 5 years because I haven't had a stretch long enough but worst would have been 2016-2017 by far, best 2019-2020

Best years 2003-2008.The longest remission i have ever had.It comes from abruptly stopping 10 years pharma grade pod habbit in huge quantities,Very strong H n3 ,Diazepam and last year methadone.It was in evangelic rehab(no smoking,no meds,no TV,no books,music...only work&church.Spend there half year and turning back in my country.Got married,my daughter was born the next years and start very sucessful busyness
The worst-they are lot,but can say without any doubt 2016-2021. My father died and i was unable to visit him...even understood about his death about 40 days later...My best friend...more than a brother betrayed me and became my worst deadly enemy....till today....till to death of me or him.Destiny.

Last edited:
I turn 63 in 5 days.

I'm beginning to feel like life just gets better and better. Not that anything spectacular is happening-- it's not. I'm not in love. I'm not rich or famous. I haven't discovered the perfect drug. I haven't found a wonderful religion or philosophy. In fact, I'm getting old and feeling it. I tire easily and physically I hurt a lot.

I just don't worry much anymore. Yeah, I'm concerned about a whole bunch of fucked up shit that's happening in the world: war, climate change, inequality, hatred, stupidity.

But it's out of my hands. I can speak my mind and I do-- but I'm gonna be outa here pretty soon. It's up to the younguns now. It's time for me to relax and take it easy.

I embrace the reality that I'm winding down for an eternal nap.

I turn 63 in 5 days.

I'm beginning to feel like life just gets better and better. Not that anything spectacular is happening-- it's not. I'm not in love. I'm not rich or famous. I haven't discovered the perfect drug. I haven't found a wonderful religion or philosophy. In fact, I'm getting old and feeling it. I tire easily and physically I hurt a lot.

I just don't worry much anymore. Yeah, I'm concerned about a whole bunch of fucked up shit that's happening in the world: war, climate change, inequality, hatred, stupidity.

But it's out of my hands. I can speak my mind and I do-- but I'm gonna be outa here pretty soon. It's up to the younguns now. It's time for me to relax and take it easy.

I embrace the reality that I'm winding down for an eternal nap.
Peter Griffin Cooking GIF by Family Guy

2008-2013 ~ Epic times of my life so many fun parties and tripping all the time on 2C-x, LSD, 4-subs, Mushrooms and MDMA/MDA/Mephedrone/Methylone out the ass...etc

2014-2018 ~ Went to Prison and it was a horrible period of my life, words couldn't even do it justice. Saw some truly disturbing things and spent one of those years in solitary confinement (caught with drugs in prison)

Had alot of fun when I got out and had a good run till I went back to jail last year, in a halfway house now but it could be worse 🙂

Went to Prison and it was a horrible period of my life, words couldn't even do it justice.
I can't even stand going to jail for 24hrs...and I've spent a LOT of time in jail.
If I were sentenced to prison I would definitely find a way to kill myself.

I can't even stand going to jail for 24hrs...and I've spent a LOT of time in jail.
If I were sentenced to prison I would definitely find a way to kill myself.

It was pretty bad, especially when I was in Northern State which is this gang controlled cesspool in NJ, one time in the yard thirteen people got stabbed on the same day and they were flying them out in helicopters. When I went to Trenton lock-up I saw people get beat in the head with batons and fall down ceasing, all kinds of crazy shit. It will surely make you appreciate life on the outside for damn sure. In Southern State they smack people in the head with pad locks in socks, straight down to the white meat.

Don't ever wanna go back, it was a nightmare.