• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

When things become personal

True about idle time.

When I was in school as a kid I'd come home and analyze social situations while watching TV. I probably wouldn't have been able to recall what was happening in the show accurately.

Often before bed too. Once I feel I have a grasp on what happened I knock out. I put a big amount of effort into trying to figure things out.

These days, being a bit more secure in how things are for me, I knock out almost immediately like a baby, and watching commercials before say a football game I have to make fun of, mock, point out the inconsistencies just so I don't feel like my thoughts are being wasted on some useless brainwashing
I just liked yelling at the TV and insulting TV show characters, I still do.( I only really watch movies)the idea of having a purpose kinda negates the making fun of movie characters.

Question: what is the unused "RAM" in ones mind used for if not to understand what's going on in the moment? Am I supposed to achieve a perfect state of drooling on my shirt? Not trying to come off any sort of way toward you, just a dramatic example to ask this legitimate question that I have, if you get me?
I understand, I said 100% the same thing myself.

Please check this, Eckhart Tolle puts it in a very simple way.

@Zopiclone bandit - from what I gather, it sounds like, being in the moment and not over rotating on trying to find a deeper secondary meaning.

Now if you can follow, back to my personal life situation. Here are the SparkNotes:

People in my current situation are much quicker to react than I have been used to. Because I am often operating in a self focused domain, I have to put extra thought, possibly theory of mind type thinking, into getting on with others.

My original question I believe we mostly addressed, so I guess my question to you is what about that video you posted did you think was helpful to you personally?