• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

When should one seek help when it comes to injection-sites? Please help.

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
Hello, I have used the same vein for some time now, and I have no other available for injection (I', sure).

The place is red, perhaps a tad warmer than the rest of the area (but I'm not sure), but does not hurt one bit (it is perhaps very slightly sore, but not more than usually). It's round and roughly 1 x 1 cm. This is not necessarily an infection, as it could just be red because I have penetrated the skin with a needle at least 1-2 daily for weeks at least, possibly months.

I have antibioctics at home, but I would rather not use them, if my body could heal at it's own pace.

What do you think? :\

Batmannen, I'm definitely not your mother, but I care about you just like I care about everybody else here on the forums. You've fairly recently had a health scare as a result of injection mishaps, so I would be trying to bite the bullet and use a different ROA if at all possible, at the very least until you're sure that you don't have some kind of nasty infection. Using antibiotics on your own plan is generally not advisable, but sure as shit beats taking no action if it's literally all that you can do.

You're in Finland right? What's your relationship like with health services? If I can get help with this issue here in the United States, I'm willing to be we can get/find you the help you need over in Europe.

Batmannen, I'm definitely not your mother, but I care about you just like I care about everybody else here on the forums. You've fairly recently had a health scare as a result of injection mishaps, so I would be trying to bite the bullet and use a different ROA if at all possible, at the very least until you're sure that you don't have some kind of nasty infection. Using antibiotics on your own plan is generally not advisable, but sure as shit beats taking no action if it's literally all that you can do.

You're in Finland right? What's your relationship like with health services? If I can get help with this issue here in the United States, I'm willing to be we can get/find you the help you need over in Europe.
Thank you for your concern.

I'm from Sweden. The only option would be the needle exchange, where I can talk to nurses to no cost, and where my official MD/nurse won't detect it.

But really, my question was whether this is dangerous to me or not. I already know that drugs are bad and I will die a horrific death if I continue. This is not the thread's
question.

If I'm not fooled by the lightning, it is already a little bit less red.