• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

When MDMA was legal.

Limey

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering if there are any older members (or parents of members) on here who were around when MDMA was legal and available to buy in bars in the 80's

I have a friend who went to SMU and said bought it in the bars in Dallas. He did however say the ecstasy pills were quite large (which seems odd as that would be a lot of filler) He doesn't have any particular stories, except for staying at fancy hotels on New years Eve and having a great time.

When ecstasy was legal in the USA it was unheard of in the UK (Except for a handful of musicians in London who had been to the States and brought it back with them) and wasn't really available to the masses until 1991 (It was still somewhat rare from 88-90 in many areas, with acid and speed being the drugs of choice for a lot of the warehouse ravers)

Slightly off topic, but it's interesting how some drugs (Like MDMA and UK-Crystal Meth (which I don't condone but each to their own) didn't make it into certain countries until several years later.
However, today, pretty much everything is available due to the internet (With exceptions of course)

I wish I had a time machine !

Last edited:
I havent heard about that at all but sounds awesome as i havent really rolled since maybe 02? it jus isnt around my area. But Everything at one point is legal to the masses untill FDA deems it unhealthy. Things are only unhealthy when people abuse them... i personally think everyone should try it sometime especially those whom were like myself in highschool... Maybe i had social anxiety disorder? idk, but it changed everything for me. I think it should be a controlled subtance for those who are depressed and need paxil or what not. ok im babbling.

I'm just wondering if there are any older members (or parents of members) on here who were around when MDMA was legal and available to buy in bars in the 80's

I have a friend who went to SMU and said bought it in the bars in Dallas. He did however say the ecstasy pills were quite large (which seems odd as that would be a lot of filler) He doesn't have any particular stories, except for staying at fancy hotels on New years Eve and having a great time.

When ecstasy was legal in the USA it was unheard of in the UK (Except for a handful of musicians in London who had been to the States and brought it back with them) and wasn't really available to the masses until 1991 (It was still somewhat rare from 88-90 in many areas, with acid and speed being the drugs of choice for a lot of the warehouse ravers)

Slightly off topic, but it's interesting how some drugs (Like MDMA and UK-Crystal Meth (which I don't condone but each to their own) didn't make it into certain countries until several years later.
However, today, pretty much everything is available due to the internet (With exceptions of course)

I wish I had a time machine !
You mentioned its odd how pills were larger, well in my opinion standard pill binder is fine, it does nothing besides form the pill. All pill binder is, is a inactive powder that when compressed becomes a solid pill. Its like pill concrete. More pill binder can create a more solid durable pill that wont be damaged as easy as a soft pill. Mdma by itself cannot be compressed as a pill. Also larger pills could sometimes mean they added a little caffeine, mda or even a little amp, which was common back in the earlier years of x pills. Caffeine gives a good turbo boost to mdma.

Ya I think about this a lot. Must of been awesome to get pure and reliable Pills heard they sold it at Bars and stuff.

Pretty sure I heard they used to sell acid as well in clubs back in the 80s

I remember those days rather fondly:)... I first had MDMA before it became illegal here in the United States. It was rather good and "clean" feeling. Meaning it did not feel that they had additional additives. I can usually tell if a pill has had anything added to make it speedy or to give it a "kick start." It was readily available in certain Dallas clubs. One club used to give out a pill with admission...imagine that!:D

Skip to 2015... In the New York York City area pure MDMA can still be gotten, if you know where to find it. I find the pure stuff is just as good as the 1985 vintage. Believe me, I test everything. I used it sparingly over the years so I did not develop a tolerance. It is my favorite drug and still has the same magic it did 30 years ago!

There is an awful lot of fake stuff out there. That being said there is some really good, pure stuff out there too. One just has to be discriminating and like the folks on the forum always say...test, Test & TEST. ;)

I was in high school at that time. You could call a 1-800 # and have it delivered to you by the hundreds. Those presses back then were huge !

I didn't try some till 90. Finally got real pills when I found the new orleans underground in 93. Shortly after that I discovered the state palace theater ! That mdma was different,better. I think it was cut with mda and caffiene. Haven't had the ability to combine the two so it is a educated test.