• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

When judgement and condescension strikes

I tried to talk to her twice and she blew me off. I might try one more time but if I get the same reaction, it's up to her after that.
IMO I wouldn't press it, especially if she is acting that way because she is not a user in anyway and may be so misinformed about things that she is actually scared of the situation, not saying thats the case but I have seen it happen.

100%. You can't erase your past, it's part of what made you who you are and it's arrogant to pretend otherwise.
No, you can't and to project or chastise somebody and in the same breath attempt to be personal is the mixture for a perfect throat punch...again IMO

IMO I wouldn't press it, especially if she is acting that way because she is not a user in anyway and may be so misinformed about things that she is actually scared of the situation, not saying thats the case but I have seen it happen.

Thank you for saying this. I think you're right on all counts. I'll let her decide if she wants to talk and if not....well, that sucks but ultimately may be for the best. I don't want judgemental people in my life. Appreciate your insights on this.

No worries.
I don't want judgemental people in my life.
There can sometimes be a fine line between being judgmental and being afraid of what is uknown, let alone something like drug use which is so demonized that some very naive people out there truly are scared from what has been irresponsibly drilled into their brain. And given the situation, not many people let alone "straight edge" (only analogy i could think of) deal right off with psychosis. That shit can b scary

I recently opened up to some people in real life about my drug usage and my struggles with controlling my stimulant usage and really regret doing so, overall. I had a psychotic episode about three weeks back and had told a couple people later that morning about what I had seen (thinking it was real, while I was still actually in that state but unaware of it).

When I snapped out of it I had to backtrack and explain to these people what had actually happened. I got some incredible support from a couple of people but one person at first laughed, basically comparing my experience as equivalent to her weird dreams, and then when I got a bit upset with her for not taking it seriously, she's stopped talking to me entirely. This is why I never bothered to talk about it before except people in my drug-using circle and it will make me extremely hesitant to open up again in the future.

Stimulant abuse is a dark place to be in and sometimes I wonder if its the darkest. Sleep depravation greatly affects your psyche and people who haven't personally had an issue controlling stimulant use would never be able to understand it--so they are incapable realizing that it's an actual addiction in itself. But if you have no plans to stop taking stimulants then it's just something to look out for in the future. Taking more after 3 days of no sleep is in general not going to end well ;) It happens though and I personally get it.

In general if you haven't hurt or offended someone they won't go out of your way to mess up your personal life. I've never met anyone who 100% went out of their way to mess with others unless they've been hurt by that person. But it's something you have to be really careful about opening up to someone about because it definitely can be used against you. In an ideal world if people could discuss their addictions openly without judgement I'd imagine many lives would be saved but alas.

There can sometimes be a fine line between being judgmental and being afraid of what is uknown

You're completely right here...I was hurt by her reaction and thus quick to make assumptions. It may not have have been entirely judgement at play. Something to keep in mind as a general consideration. Thank you again, having an outside perspective here has been beneficial.

Stimulant abuse is a dark place to be in and sometimes I wonder if its the darkest. Sleep depravation greatly affects your psyche and people who haven't personally had an issue controlling stimulant use would never be able to understand it--so they are incapable realizing that it's an actual addiction in itself. But if you have no plans to stop taking stimulants then it's just something to look out for in the future. Taking more after 3 days of no sleep is in general not going to end well ;) It happens though and I personally get it.

In general if you haven't hurt or offended someone they won't go out of your way to mess up your personal life. I've never met anyone who 100% went out of their way to mess with others unless they've been hurt by that person. But it's something you have to be really careful about opening up to someone about because it definitely can be used against you. In an ideal world if people could discuss their addictions openly without judgement I'd imagine many lives would be saved but alas.

Yes, it certainly is a dark place. When I was really hooked on coke a 5-6 years back, I thought that was as low as a person could go but fuck me was I wrong there. I am in a place far beyond that right now but it is definitely not where I want to remain...I am making slow steps to get out of this rut but it's hard as hell. Sleep deprivation is a wild thing and I underestimate the effect it has on me, both physically and mentally.

I've done drugs (of all sorts) long enough to know that people who have never experienced them have no idea what being on them is actually like nor do they know what drug addiction is like (though some may have their own battles with booze or cigs and not make the connection). Living here in Vancouver where we have a huge addiction problem and overdose epidemic, and when you only have the media portrayals and scare-tactic PSAs to inform you about drugs, it's hard to imagine they could potentially be okay. Sometimes people forget, though, that addicts can be literally anyone...I'm functional on the outside but the cracks have started to show now. I am a kind person and go out of my way to not hurt people or cause problems. People don't expect this of me and the folks I told were a bit shocked. I shouldn't be surprised that there were some negative consequences to talking abut my problems,, it just hurts a bit. But I know I can avoid this by giving up the stims.