• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin When does WD start?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
Almost 12 hours since I last used. Right now I dont have something expect headache.

Will it get worse later? I don't feel any pain or sweat or whatever.

What are you kicking, H? Definitely will be experiencing more acute symptoms within the next 24..you’re nearly there tho, don’t be discouraged! I’m proud of you!!

What are you kicking, H? Definitely will be experiencing more acute symptoms within the next 24..you’re nearly there tho, don’t be discouraged! I’m proud of you!!
Not really kicking, just don't have money for the next few days

Currently I don't feel physical symptoms. Is it going to get worse?

Not really kicking, just don't have money for the next few days

Currently I don't feel physical symptoms. Is it going to get worse?
Unfortunately, yes. It always gets worse before it gets any better. I was an IV heroin user and I’d be in the height of it for like 36 hours. You’ll be okay though, make sure you drink lots of fluids (water, Gatorade, anything with electrolytes) and maybe some almonds/peanuts if u can stomach it.

how long have you been using and what is your habit like?

i was able to use daily for a surprisingly long time (like over a year) without getting withdrawals so you may be OK.

if you do get withdrawals you will probably start feeling it very soon, ime it will get increasingly worse until day 3. the worst day. the day i would always fuck off that attempt to kick despite knowing that if i could just make it to day 4, things would start getting better day by day.

do you have any comfort meds to help you through? something to help you sleep will be very handy. i'm sure someone on here can tell you the name of the thing that supposedly helps with the restless legs, never tried it and don't recall but for me that was one of the worst bits of withdrawal so anything to help with that would be a good shout.

i was able to use daily for a surprisingly long time (like over a year) without getting withdrawals so you may be OK.

if you do get withdrawals you will probably start feeling it very soon, ime it will get increasingly worse until day 3. the worst day. the day i would always fuck off that attempt to kick despite knowing that if i could just make it to day 4, things would start getting better day by day.

do you have any comfort meds to help you through? something to help you sleep will be very handy. i'm sure someone on here can tell you the name of the thing that supposedly helps with the restless legs, never tried it and don't recall but for me that was one of the worst bits of withdrawal so anything to help with that would be a good shout.
Dam girl, you’re lucky u were able to use that long without getting sick. I was always one to get dope sick suuuper easily. Like 12 hours without and I’d be sick.

it was only when i started using in the mornings as well as the evenings that i got sick. picked up a physical habit straight away at that point.

i actually used to think you had to actively try to get to the point where you got sick. because i got lucky and used to be an idiot.

I was smoking 2.5g every day for 6 months.

I have kratom and several benzos.

ok that's a sizeable habit. unfortunately that doesn't work in your favour. try not to stress though (easier said than done i know!). the psychological element of withdrawal can make it much worse.

ok that's a sizeable habit. unfortunately that doesn't work in your favour. try not to stress though (easier said than done i know!). the psychological element of withdrawal can make it much worse.
That's what I am wondering, is this maybe entirely psychological maybe? Cause I only have headache and feel sleepy, and these I have every day anw from anxiety panic attacks and insomnia.

If it does not get any worse than is now then it's certainly tolerable. I also took some K now to see if that helps.

Withdrawal on opioids is a strange thing. You can use daily for a long time without suffering withdrawals. But once you do start getting them it'll become a regular thing from then on. Look up the kindling effect.

To answer your question no one here can know. You might be lucky and able to quit now without suffering much. With short acting opioids I would typically go into withdrawal after 6-12 hours from the last dose. Usually, with a period of sleep between last dose and waking up to withdrawals. Right now mine come on pretty strong about 2-3 hours after waking in the morning. I can feel them slightly upon waking and they just become worse as the morning goes on. At first it's just a urgent need to shit. By the time I'm done with that my eyes and nose are running. If I don't dose first thing in the morning I'll start breaking out into sweats within an hour and feeling cold even in a climate controlled room with the heat running. From there it's just a revolving door of symptoms until 3-14 days later depending on what type of opioids I've been maintaining myself with.

Once you switch to longer acting opioids like methadone and bupe withdrawals become longer. Bupe withdrawals are mild for me compared to methadone but both drag out for 2 weeks minimum.