• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What's wrong with this poppy pod?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Do you have any ideas why this poppy pod looks like this? What's that black stuff? Maybe mold or something?

Just wondering if it's safe to consume?

Picture here:
pCujp3A.jpg

Mold. Probably didn't dry correctly.

I used to consume those (via an espresso maker, what i call "podspresso") but not without a degree of trepidation. My hope though, was that the high temperature of the espresso maker steam would kill the spores since I don't think they can tolerate much over 150-160°F, however the duration of heat exposure is pretty short with the stovetop espresso maker. Hard to say what the real risk is.

Just add some vinegar to the extraction... after you pour it into a cup add a tablespoon of raw honey which has antimicrobial properties and more importantly make it "palatable"

Your stomach acid will do the rest.

I use to use those too. Scrapped out some of it and used vinegar. There was another type of mold that existed and when you cracked the pod open you knew not to use it. Kind of white and cotton like.

My last pod tea was in 2011. :)

I use to use those too. Scrapped out some of it and used vinegar. There was another type of mold that existed and when you cracked the pod open you knew not to use it. Kind of white and cotton like.

I was most intoxicated on anything in my life on about five or six poppy heads. I was unable to walk up the street in a straight line. But I wasn't breathing shallow running like that I was just hammered and it was not a pleasant experience

My last pod tea was like 2004. I think I used 5 pods and was puking and nodding.

I can't see too well because I'm on my phone, but my first thought was what if it was dried latex aka opium?? That shit is dark.

Probably not though, huh?

I thought black spots on the inside was almost to be expected. That is a bit darker than normal though.

You're lucky to have pods!! Man, some tea would really hit the spot right now. My only option is to walk to the park for fentadope if I want opiates.

Man from 1993-2009 I had hundreds of boxes of pods delivered to the family flower business. I befriended the people that sold the most potent. I mean we did make dried floral arrangements that ended up in banquet halls police stations and town halls. :) By 2003 some of the outfits were getting hip to it, but by that time that farm in Arizona was putting out crops twice a year. But since I wouild order with a floral license it was easy even when it got harder to order.

Anyone remember Izmire Oil and Spice company? I gave that owner of that farm lots of money and he would send it from Canada. He grew hen and chick so potent one pod had you nodding. To me there is nothing more euphoric than the come up of a potent tea.

Man from 1993-2009 I had hundreds of boxes of pods delivered to the family flower business. I befriended the people that sold the most potent. I mean we did make dried floral arrangements that ended up in banquet halls police stations and town halls. :) By 2003 some of the outfits were getting hip to it, but by that time that farm in Arizona was putting out crops twice a year. But since I wouild order with a floral license it was easy even when it got harder to order.

Anyone remember Izmire Oil and Spice company? I gave that owner of that farm lots of money and he would send it from Canada. He grew hen and chick so potent one pod had you nodding. To me there is nothing more euphoric than the come up of a potent tea.
I agree.

Now I'm thinking about how nice it would be to get all warm and itchy. 😆

I wouldn’t consume it. You might. If you do… use boiling water for this particular pod. I’m not sure how much “boiling the shit out of it” would hurt the alkaloids. @negrogesic could probably be more helpful than me.