• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What's with these uk extacy deaths/hospitalisation

Jdizzlesalad

Greenlighter
Hi basically I live in England and in the past two days I've read about one girl unfortunately dying from taking just one pill and a couple people being hospitalised they even had to put one girl into a coma my question is this...

Is it possible we're seeing another "pills being pipped to fuck" again which I think has definently subsided the past year at least ,maybe not with piperzine specifically but some other sinister chemical.

Seeing as all of the cases I've read about seem to have happened this month and in the U.K. Would it be possible these Dutch "super pills" could be the culprit with there high mdma levels upwards of 200mg which for one dose as a beginner is pretty rediculous I would argue a lot of these people were new to the drug so taking that much would most definintley fuck you up but I don't think it would be enough to cause an overdose unless your hypersensitive to drugs or even enough to put you in hospital for an actual serious medical reason which all of the cases were.

I usually would brush this of as fear mongering you know the classics"mdma Rots holes in your brain" etc but there seems to be a less aggressive method of getting there point across at no point in any of the reports was there any attempt to demonise the drug everyone of them telling people to excersize more caution than usual and that anybody taking these massive dose pills should get checked out I haven't heard of many cases where extacy was the main culprit until these started occurring.

Maybe there's just a new wave of copycat brands filled of all kinds of "fun" stuff I've taken some of these Dutch pills I'd say my fair share up to 7-8 a night for a while and I'm fine never had any adverse effects even with a massive amount of abuse,yeh tolerance comes into play but I mean 7-8 pills is still a lot I feel if it was just the pills containing mdma that were causing these things I would be a very dead person and so would a lot of other people. This leads me to think that someone somewhere has started churning out these Nasty ass copycat pills and filling them with whatever the fuck they want,yeh this has always happened but there was a definite spike in extacy related deaths around the time piped pills became more prevalent ,it would be terrible if more people started to die for the exact same reason that many have before, cause of some asshole with a pill press.

Sorry for the long ass post I just find the possibility of more "pipped" pills a bit scary as I was out of the scene around the time it became more prevalent but am well into it now and always have the thought "hmm maybe that third pinger I dropped was "pipped" to fuck or maybe it was the first one and I was fucked to begin with.

I'd like to hear what some of you guys think of the possibility of a new "pipped" pills epidemic following the success of these super Dutch pills yeh I understand the supply of pipped pills has always been a thing since it started though it definitely slowed to a trickle and it would really suck if they were to just flood the market again causing untold harm.

Epidemic I don't think just a change in times, how things are indeed reported (sensation sells) and still the use of fear to control the minds of the young. Show me where the autopsy results are ever published? They rarely if ever are. So we don't actually KNOW cause of death in many cases but generally association by the press - person in a nightclub dies = must be totally MDMA related.

Evidence suggests any drug can have a reaction we are all different. One persons meat is another's poison.

The use of MDMA is seeing dramatic rise with young people realising that misinformation has been spread but alas the missing part of the puzzle hasn't been given - education and true facts. The ability of free choice. To take something we know can be extremely rewarding and far more beneficial (in moderation and with proper education) than the legal alternative poison.

Fact Purity and dose has increased - the likelihood of some mysterious substance very doubtful as it would be picked up very quickly. Why market anything but MDMA as it's cheap and more readily available than ever before.

Worst of all how many of these deaths are avoidable? Testing would be the first step. Allowing us to know what we are taking and how much - then correct advice on how to do it safely and support on why we feel the need to take.

Every time I have been out I've been offered pills and powders. I sometimes buy if I do I test and don't take there and then. I'm the minority. But I've educated myself purely through trial and error. Your right in a way some deaths may we'll be down to dose or adulteration / poisoning. Worst thing is the government sit back and watch it happen!! All those parents paying taxes and voting to see their innocent children taken- the world is logically screwed.

Last edited:
Yeah, due to autopsy reports not being available, we can't really know what's causing these deaths, some of them may be nothing to do with MDMA.

If I was going to hazard a guess though I'd say it's most likely due to overdoses rather than adulteration. There does not seem to be any increase in adulterated Ecstasy pills or powders if you look at pillreports, wedinos etc. There has however been a definite and significant increase in the average dose of MDMA in a pill.

The UK's binge culture surely plays a roll. It is very common amongst my MDMA-using friends to take many pills or half-grams (sometimes more) of powder in a night. It is also very common to use MDMA in combination with alcohol.

This was probably less of a problem when pills only contained up to around ~80mg of MDMA and powders were very impure, but obviously start doing this with 200mg pills or 80-90% pure MDMA powder, and you're gonna run into trouble really quick, especially if you're sensitive (female, low tolerance, low weight etc) and/or intoxicated by alcohol.

This simple regimen is something everyone should be doing:
1. Test your pills/powder/crystal
2. Weigh a SENSIBLE dose, anything up to 2mg/kg (if pills, find out the dose and take the appropriate amount)
3. Avoid drug combinations particularly alcohol or similar
4. If you absolutely have to re-dose, only do one, of the same amount or preferably less than your first dose, and not till your first peak is underway
5. Drink a glass of water (something with electrolytes maybe better) an hour and take regular breaks from dancing

And not really related to preventing immediate risk, but if you're a continuing user of MDMA, take minimum 3 months off between doses and optionally follow a pre- and post-load regimen

Last edited:
Your right I didn't really consider that ,I'd be very interested to see a toxicology report I'll see if it was realised to the public,I use the word epidemic in the loosest term I'll move this more in the way or HR it's scary that there's such big doses it personally wouldn't be a problem as I said I have a long history of abuse and can handle half grams,grams to myself but a drunk person at a rave get offered a pill with say 200mg pure mdma (what are the odds of purity at a rave lol)it's a recipe for disaster which may make trying taking pills a gamble for a lot people.

you test this pill you just bought with a reagent it comes back as mdma the next logical step is search up the pill find out mg but I find a lot of people don't ever consider this they think "yup this came back as mdma I've done it for years I'll be fine" this isn't everyone but considering that most users aren't on HR sites it's it's logical to assume they'll just test it and be confident in the safety of the pill,I feel like this confidence people get from knowing it's mdma is also dangerous ,if taken on there own I'm sure you'll have a great time assuming your not in the middle of suana or going ham in a pit at a gig/rave and overheating etc but if your confident your taking mdma and your Someone who enjoys getting absolutly shitfaced (like me lol) then you'll probably be drinking or doing other drugs which with the normal dosege of pills (100-120 mg roughly I think there's obvious variations) would be fine yes still incredibly stupid you should just enjoy your mdma but that's in a perfect world ,in this one especially here in England where the sesh culture is all about binges people regurlary take multiple pills with idk some booze maybe some ket or other mdxx there's endless combos this is usually fine with normal pills but throw 200mg of mdma in with a k-hole does of (300-500mg insufflated personally) I'm sure your gonna have some discernible problems arise now when you come out of the hole your probably still gonna be pretty fucked up so your not gonna notice anything wrong with you you just wanna get more fucked so you take another pill that's it your gonna have serious issues arise which may not be fatal but can still be very detrimental to one health.

I'd say these super dosed pills wouldn't usually be a problem on their own when only taking one but that's not my mindset and it' not the mindset of a lot of others
The hr standpoint would be

Don't take more than one
Don't drink or do other drugs etc

Sorry if any of this is hard to follow I have a hard time putting my thoughts into word and often end up repeating things to try exercise my point without actually Getting my point acros the tldr would be this

It's a scary thought that just one of these pills in conjunction with booze or other druggs could be fatal it is always a stupid idea to mix substances bar a few i.e. LSD +mushrooms which isn't physically dangerous at all I don't think but it's clearly got a lot more dangerous with the super doses people are gonna test them get positive results then start a mad binge on 2pm Friday and not even make it to Saturday it's rediculos.

MDMA itself has been compared to horseback riding as far as danger, but when you have billions of people, there will be an unlucky few and this will indeed be reported more sensationally than the millions that die of slow and "boring" tobacco related illness.

That being said, a great deal of the MDMA related deaths are girls (more sensitive to MDMA) who have drank way too much water, causing hyponatremia (water intoxication). There can be death from severe brain swelling.

The issue of deaths from substances like PMA (which have been reported on by the media a bit) probably have a fair bit to do with precursors to MDMA being outlawed and scarce. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/05/superman-pill-ecstasy-pma-deaths-drugs-policy

MDMA itself has been compared to horseback riding as far as danger, but when you have billions of people, there will be an unlucky few and this will indeed be reported more sensationally than the millions that die of slow and "boring" tobacco related illness.

That being said, a great deal of the MDMA related deaths are girls (more sensitive to MDMA) who have drank way too much water, causing hyponatremia (water intoxication). There can be death from severe brain swelling.

The issue of deaths from substances like PMA (which have been reported on by the media a bit) probably have a fair bit to do with precursors to MDMA being outlawed and scarce. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/05/superman-pill-ecstasy-pma-deaths-drugs-policy

Probably an RC that was sold as MDMA.