• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

🍄 Gardening 🍄 Whats up with white shrooms?

livinginahaze

Bluelighter
I've only done shrooms a few times and I've heard they're all different. I know this but the other shrooms I've tried have all looked the same (like mainly brown but kinda dark yellow almost purple in some spots) and these new shrooms are like basically albino. There's a little yellow but mainly just white. My dealer said to be careful should I expect them to be a lot stonger?

If they are albino penis envy then yea IMO they’re stronger than your average cube. Is there no bluing anywhere? That would scare me, with “APE’s” you’ll sometimes see it on the inside of stems.

-GC

i also hear albino penis envy are serious business... never had em.

if they're as potent as woodlovers (ovoids, in my case)... definitely wanna go easy.

if you only have an eighth, you could prepare and take em all, hoping for the best...

but back when i used to do cubes, i would usually take a half eighth (a 16th i guess), so you might wanna try like a half gram to see what's up, then wait two weeks and take what you surmise to be a proper dose.

The albino penis envy I grew were a dark purple both growing and dried. I also grew "albino A+" which had mostly white stems but black caps.

If the entire shroom is white that would be rather worrisome.

It's common for stems to be white but not the caps.

"Albino" in the name is somewhat misleading.

There is a lot of development happening with albino phenotypes lately. One thing is that you can easily view the bluing reaction, which can be a good estimate for potency.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It does have bluing on the stems for sure I just forgot to mention that but the caps are more like a tan color almost orange. It's a lot of big stems but not a ton of caps in this bag. Someone told me the caps are more potent that's true right? Like how much more potent? Just took a gram to sample it (tasted the same as the stuff im used to) it hasnt kicked in yet but I'm planning on splitting the rest with someone tomorrow. I've got a quarter ounce we might not do them all. Ill let you know how it goes thanks again for any info

Someone told me the caps are more potent that's true right? Like how much more potent?
So thats kind of been debate for a while and I recently did find something in the literature regarding this.

"The stipes contained approximately half the amount of tryptamine alkaloids (0.52 wt.%) than the caps (1.03 wt.%); however, these results were not statistically significant, as the concentration of tryptamines in individual fruiting bodies is highly variable."

Source: Stability of psilocybin and its four analogs in the biomass of the psychotropic mushroom Psilocybe cubensis