• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Whats the deal with opiates and lower voice register?

The heroin voice? IDK some people get that some don't, I always would and sound like a righteous junky my friends would get real pissed off "SPEAK UP!"

Perhaps relaxation of the vocal cords and larynx would be my guess.

I use to say "the old jazz mans voice" because it would be all raspy and barely understandable :)

haha, that's funny you associate it with jazz, I mean, jazz musicians were the original junky rockstars I suppose you could say but me and a friend used to talk about this (for some reason, just one of those things you talk about when your life revolves around smack lol), and we were admirers of older punk rocker heroin addicts and their 'junky drawl' that was just 'so cool', it actually is pretty cool sounding I got to admit lol. Reminds me of hanging out in alphabet city in my real early twenties the last few years where you could actually find Junky's in Tompkins square park instead of children and poodles.

I can always tell when my friends are high because of the raspy voice. It's funny. I'll be on the phone with them and I'll say "you're fucking high, aren't you?" and they can't believe I know. Haha.

Perhaps relaxation of the vocal cords and larynx would be my guess.

I use to say "the old jazz mans voice" because it would be all raspy and barely understandable :)

Lol. :)

I guess it's related to the calmness.