• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Whats The Best Cold PILLS/GELL CAPS With DXM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
Triple C's are just too unhealthy, what are some better/safer alternatives in pill/gell cap form? I don't drink syrup lol eww.

It's simple, you just check the labels of what is available to you and pick any brand that says nothing but [cough suppressant =] "dextromethorphan (hydrobromide / hydrochloride / HBr / HCl)" under active ingredients, which is the DXM. (The inactive ingredients are not an issue because they are not active as the name says. But, something like sorbitol is a laxative at higher doses so that too is to be avoided)

To be clear: you don't want anything else under active ingredients. But especially not these:

NO [antihistamine] chlorpheniramine (maleate), as in coricidin.
NO [expectorant] guaifenesin.
NO phenylephrine
NO pseudoephedrine

Basically none of these, I see listed here under Ingredients - check this out:
https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_info2.shtml

If you read on you also see brands listed and what they contain.

For even further discussion, here is our Preparations / Formulæ subthread:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/99514-DXM-Subthread-Preparations-Formul%E6

And the 'safe sources of DXM' subthread:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/403611-DXM-Subthread-Safe-Sources-of-DXM

Last edited:
Robitussin cough long acting....has a tiny bit of ethanol but that's it

IIRC depending on how the DXM is complexed as with polystyrex carrier or other agents that besides making the formulation time-released / long acting can also play a role in absorption... ethanol (the alcohol we drink) can actually be kinda necessary in helping the DXM be absorbed right.

This was I think found to be true especially in the case of pure DXM powder being bought as alternative to cough medications; pure powder is apparently pretty unreliable in producing effects if you just take it very plainly, but is activated if you take it with a little alcohol.

I hope and assume the amount of alcohol needed is rather neglibible in terms of being enough to make you buzzed/drunkish because active amounts really add to dizziness / vertigo and nausea with DXM making it really uncomfortable.
With ketamine alcohol's not much better, basically it is too much very quickly and the feeling when having to throw up from the combo is one of the most terrible in drugsickness history IMO, withdrawal syndromes excluded. (For the record, throwing up on MDMA is one of the least bad-feeling ones for me - I hardly mind that at all -, followed probably by part of my synthetic mescaline experiences).

IIRC depending on how the DXM is complexed as with polystyrex carrier or other agents that besides making the formulation time-released / long acting can also play a role in absorption... ethanol (the alcohol we drink) can actually be kinda necessary in helping the DXM be absorbed right.

This was I think found to be true especially in the case of pure DXM powder being bought as alternative to cough medications; pure powder is apparently pretty unreliable in producing effects if you just take it very plainly, but is activated if you take it with a little alcohol.

I hope and assume the amount of alcohol needed is rather neglibible in terms of being enough to make you buzzed/drunkish because active amounts really add to dizziness / vertigo and nausea with DXM making it really uncomfortable.
With ketamine alcohol's not much better, basically it is too much very quickly and the feeling when having to throw up from the combo is one of the most terrible in drugsickness history IMO, withdrawal syndromes excluded. (For the record, throwing up on MDMA is one of the least bad-feeling ones for me - I hardly mind that at all -, followed probably by part of my synthetic mescaline experiences).

You don't need alcohol for DXM to be absorbed properly.

Robitussin long acting cough gel caps are the best imo.

IME alcohol and DXM do NOT mix well....maybe a very very small drink....but I've seen people get violently I'll when mixing the 2

If you want something that's DXM only, get Robotussin gel caps, 20 a bottle at 15mg. For syrup, get Delsym. The orange flavor is the best.

Alright question is sufficiently answered at this point, so closing the thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.