• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's so special about a K-Hole? Should I be scared?

number22

Bluelighter
got access to some ketamine..since its a dissociative would it even be considered a psychedelic? eh whatever

So I don't really know what to expect from this. From my research, low doses only make you feel drunk. (kinda like DXM?) and then higher doses put you in a k-hole (like a fourth plateau?).

I'm not going to be partying with this or anything. It seems that a K-Hole is the end goal with this. What are the visuals like? I can't see how it'd be like a psychedelic, at least open eyed. Closed eyed visuals make sense, but what are they like? Should I be scared of a K-Hole? I see it as being no different than blasting off on DMT.

got access to some ketamine..since its a dissociative would it even be considered a psychedelic? eh whatever

So I don't really know what to expect from this. From my research, low doses only make you feel drunk. (kinda like DXM?) and then higher doses put you in a k-hole (like a fourth plateau?).

I'm not going to be partying with this or anything. It seems that a K-Hole is the end goal with this. What are the visuals like? I can't see how it'd be like a psychedelic, at least open eyed. Closed eyed visuals make sense, but what are they like? Should I be scared of a K-Hole? I see it as being no different than blasting off on DMT.

All good questions! The ultimate goal may be to k-hole, but I would advise working up there. I assume you will be insufflating so have a taster line of 30mg or so to see how you react. You will notice a definite change of perception at that dose.
It is considered a psychedelic dissociative because it does have some effect on your vision. Not in an explicit way like with true psychedelics, but almost implicitly. At sub hole doses you will feel glued to the bed/sofa whatever. Higher doses may inspire a kind of dizziness, albeit pleasant. This is why it mixes so well with other psychedelics, enhancing the visual aspect of everything else I've tried it with.

As far as the hole goes, I've found it to be fairly hit and miss in terms of dose and it varies greatly by batch. These days I generally take around 120mg IM in order to hole; that said I picked up a new very pure batch and 75mg catapulted me to the stars! In terms of feeling, you are completely part of it. In a true hole you are unaware that you are under the influence and may be completely overwhelmed by stimuli (hence why a lot of people like a darkened room). Expect lots of insights into how you are merely a minute blob of energy in the infinite cosmos and all that sort of stuff. It's interesting, certainly, but there are no real takeaways as you would get from psychedelics; I find it rather a fairly brief escape and not an insightful life tool. However, nothing wrong with that now and again!

It's true value, for me, is in taking after the peak of a psychedelic. It adds a lovely new plateau to any experience and cranks the visuals back up which is very nice if you have had a fairly testing trip and are now looking for something a little more relaxing.

Anyway, go easy to start with and enjoy!

Good call yes: work up to it, it's special but certainly not the only worthwhile kind of dissociative trip by a long shot.

It can come in various shapes and sizes but IMO the definition is an experience where you are completely disconnected from the outside world. So the trip is fully internal and cannot be considered a distortion of what you are seeing and hearing anymore. (who knows if it still plays a role though - that is subjective and difficult to say unless you test it elaborately). In some ways it is dream-like, it can be unhinged and schizo but also involve a lot of immersive imagination. You don't necessarily have to be completely immobilized to be so disconnected.

Lights and sound can be unbearably intense anyway so it is not a bad idea to listen to music at a comfortable level but other than that to be in a pitch dark room or to put on some visuals to depart from, that way the difference between holing or not is less meaningful since there aren't quite as many visual stimuli to be disconnected from - or not - anyway.
Meditation is also pretty great.

Make sure your body is comfortable so that you can more easily let go of it.

It can be very wild, but for a trip in my opinion/experience it is often very removed from emotion which makes being scared not all that relevant. But the idea itself of being so "out there" "in there" can be intense which is why it is good to work your way up. With the dosage and intensity level but also with psychedelics in general etc.