• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's Security Like In Venues In Your Area?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
After last night I'm kind of curious about this as I didn't even know shit like this existed. We drove a few hours to a big city I'm not too fond to go to a show at a really small venue that I thought would be low key like it is where I'm from when you do a venue that small. I estimate there was 150 ppl or so,'maybe less.

Where I'm from you may at most get a light pat down and a quick look in any bags but more often it's just right in and once in you can generally get away with a lot. Smoking a vape pen is easy or smoking a joint in the outdoor smoke area, dosing something isn't difficult either.

This venue we went to immediately upon getting there I was told to unload everything and was then directed to an ACTUAL police officer for a search. I had some joints crotched and some other goods bindled in my wallet. He literally grabbed my dick but apparently didn't feel em. I got lucky and was allowed to enter.

My girl was getting cocky and got her bag damn near cut open looking for drugs. She had a vape pen in her boot and they used a metal wand on her but thankfully it didn't beep (maybe wasn't on?)

Once inside I noticed actual police patrolling and what I thought was a service dog until I got close and saw it was a damn drug dog being led through the venue the entire show. Not a very good one I must say as it didn't sniff me out.

I'm not even sure if the drug dog was a real one or the metal detectors were on but the general vibe was not of the free spirit and good nature that I've come to expect where I'm from. It was obvious the police state had these people repressed, people hardly even danced...

I'm about to move and am wondering if this situation is more common than I realize. What do you have to deal with when going out to nightclub or venue for an event?

-GC

we have a little 'festi' in our small town every year and I would say a large part of it is the amount of arrests that happen there. Almost all of my friends have been 'busted' in some form or another at this festival. I do not go to it being an agoraphobe and not in need of tourism and overpriced trinkets bragging up a place I hate and am stuck living in lol .

Where I live ( Red Deer) I get a light pat down... you can easily get drugs and weapons in. I used to carry a knife and just put it in my shoe. Same with drugs. Just keep em in my wallet. This has been the case everywhere I've been... Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver etc

Yea typically it's either a light pat down or nothing that's why I was beyond shocked at what I saw..

With that said I do know of events like what you described smokey, where each year people get taken down by the truckloads. I swear some of these are fucking deliberate traps, but people keep spending all their money on a chance to get busted, sounds like a blast! It's usually the big events around here though, small stuff is not bad.

Yea checked out a new spot last night that's kinda this underground hangout in the back of a sports bar. Nice system, wangin choons, and best part was the security. My girl goes to open her bag for the guy and he stops her and was like "na we don't do that here..". My buddy somehow lost his poi and security spent like an hour trying to find. The whole crowd and place damn near stopped what they were doing to look for it. I haven't felt that sense of community in too long.

-GC

At the bars I go to it's basically check ID done, if you have a bag that might get looked in, no pat-downs though. If you get overly fucked up or generally do stupid shit (start problems, openly sell drugs) they'll toss your ass out. My main spot I usually smoke blunts outside a bit away from the building.

Concerts (anything beyond tiny) and sports games they pat you down, sometimes metal detector, and you'll be tossed for smoking or drugs if you are seen. There would probably have been a terror attack at a baseball game or something if they didn't take precautions

most of the venues i got to don't have bouncers or any sort of security.

places that do have bouncers never have a problem with m sparking a joint in the smoking section or beer garden.

more mainstream clubs sometimes will have fingerprint scanners, but i avoid that shit and don't tend to go to those sorts of places anyway.

i've only been searched once going into a club, back in my hometown (perth, a small city in australia). i had a film cannister with caps of dried mushrooms in one of my pockets, and the bouncer felt it, but i managed to do a little sleight-of-hand trick and he didn't get it off me (it was a rave at a big ballroom type vanue, and i wasn't expecting a patdown),

for the most part i don't go to venues that are known for drugs or ODs or that kind of thing (i go to live music venues at least a couple of times a week, but they're not what you'd call nightclubs, for the most part) so security is chilled, and it's a pretty friendly, mellow scene in terms of the crowd. no fights, no trouble, no dickheads - no invasive security :)

London - completely depends where you go and what kind of nights. I've been found with drugs 3 times and twice they've let me in without even taking them. The other time they took the drugs and let me in **cough FABRIC cough** but it was well known back in the day Fabric bouncers sold gear they took off people.

Southampton - Literally no searches apart from one night and they found 3 pills in down my sock and they called the police, spent 4 hours in a cell had a recorded interview. Had a court date 2-3 months later then they sent me a letter 2 days before saying they were taking no further action. 2 months of anxiety. Cunts. Just taught me to hide it better.

Norway - Literally no searches anywhere I go.

I guess it completely depends on the venue and type of night it is.

My friend got caught with a gram of ket in fabric and was wearing this ridiculous jacket for a laugh. The bouncers beat him up and held him in there for a while, trying to make him confess to being a pimp or a drug dealer, as if people would really be so blatent. I mean, I dare say he's sold the odd bit of ket or MDMA on the side in his time, but a fucking pimp? He was genuinely quite traumatised!

It depends where you go really. Security can be very tight/weird in London. I've been to a night with airport security style scanners etc, that was pretty weird.

Up in Newcastle things are a bit more lax. Pat down on the way in, if that. I don't really seem to get searched anymore to be honest, I think that happened a lot more when I was younger.

I live in a pretty metropolitan area, and I've never had much trouble getting stuff in.