• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What's a safe pipe screen I can use?

Apparently small pebbles work, as long as they're bigger than the hole at the bottom of the bowl

Thats so fucking genious. Ill have to remember that, im notorous for tilting the bong too far over when someone says "HOLD THIS!"

at osh you can find a pvc tipe pipe that is shapen just like a small pipe, and screens that pop right inside. There awesome, if i ever make one again ill post it on here.

I would just go steal like 5 pipes and a box of screens, melt the screens in place, and sell them for 10 dollars each, and then buy 50 dollars worth of weed

i guess it would just be for peace of mind. I think a fresh glass shard is more appetizing in my bowl than some dirty ass little pebble. And its fun to break glass so why not have some fun while making something useful? i was just stating something that hadn't been said yet.

Maybe there aren't any pebbles around my house.... why do you have to suck?:p

everyone can find a pebble outside their house.

i'll be honest, though, i wasn't thinking about having fun and making a screen at the same time. if that's what you want to do, then yeah, breaking a bottle is a good idea.

PSA: INVEST in glass screens or a nice 50+ pack form ur local head shop. You won't be sorry.

Arobskittle is just improvising with a "homemade" glass screen which can be cleaned..on the other hand, pebbles..well..no.

alright, some positive feedback, sweet. really though u could just make it a point to pack fat bowls that don't need a screen.
that could be fun too.

Stainless Steel is the best. There are also glass screens available for purchase

alright, some positive feedback, sweet. really though u could just make it a point to pack fat bowls that don't need a screen.
that could be fun too.

little nuggets suck to inhale, specially when it burns the back of your throat! :!

im down for a pebble, ima show my friends nexy time lol

To all, NEVER use a piece of window screen or any screen-like metal material that is not intended for some type of sanitary filtration. Window screens are typically made out of aluminum, however they are more often than not coated with a fine layer of another weather-protective compound, like a galvanization with zinc (which ironically is a dietary requirement, but inhaled can be toxic and possibly fatal. But as ppl have been saying, use a fine mesh faucet strainer (just go to the hardware store, they're nothing, or go to a kitchen store for a tea strainer, etc. OR, if you have the patience for a few days, order a pack of bronze pipe screens on Amazon for $5, doh!)

In a pinch, I've always gone under the water faucet - you'll usually find a decent screen under there if you look hard enough! :)

go to the plumbing dept or store and get the strainers screens for the faucet, it's round and stainless and fits perfect in any bowl. You can buy really fine ones to some course ones. I like the course ones it doesn't clog up like the fine ones do. The best bowl screens you can buy.

I assume this is mostly for non-Americans, as I noticed a big culture in bong-making in like UK and Aus (because they don't really get as good glass as we do here in the States)

for Americans, buy a screenless bowl. they look like a normal bowl for your bong - but they are pinched at the end of the bowl VIA the glass blower's blowin'

or if you want brass or stainless steel screens - buy them at a smoke shop - they usually run in sizes of .5 of an inch to 1 inch

for non-Americans, I truly don't know what to say. cutting a lil hole in your window screen seems like a bad, bad idea to me

Glass / screens or wired screens, or something stainless steel is what I would go with, or 2 small pebbles not colored from a fish tank. Two of them to keep a gap so it can breath. I found if too big it smothers it to much. Or one with a good point that leaves a small gap on one or two sides is good. But I found Steel Wool works great... Read below.

Best yet I have found, if you have no screens in your sink faucets, or a new ones that have a big hole in some, if you're injured or broke or late at night. .

Steel wool that comes in a ball works great. Comes in little steel curl strands. Cut off a small curl from the strand, whirl it in the base stem a bit. Don't pack it too tight. Take a paper clip or bobby pin and work it down. Check to see if air comes in and no big holes are showing. If it's good. you're good to go. If not poke at each side of the bowl a bit with something small. I found it gave me more air. Now you have a ball of it.. Happy clipping and stuffing whenever it starts to clog up or soak it in Alcohol then rinse it after and let it dry. Won't rust and no poison.. Saves you lots of money as well..with the balls it comes in. I tried the glass one's and when I went to clean my bowl, and since I smoke in our apartment, I usually bang the bowl in the sink to empty it to load up for the next hit. Screens don't come out if put in right and I find in my situation works the best but Steel Wool is what I'm using now. But if I do get some Glass ones I know now to empty my ashes in an ashtray so I can retrieve the screen.. Cheers from Canada ;)

just put the weed on the table and light it on fire and then use a straw to inhale the smoke. studies show this actually allows you to consume 87.6% - 89.12% of the THC, and also boosts the potency of the Marijuana itself. for instance, if you have some regular quality nugs, doing so literally turns it into high quality chronic strains right before your eyes.

On a pencil there is a little piece wrapped around the eraser and pencil. It can be pulled off. Cut into any size you need and with a needle holes can be poked into it. I was reading the comments on this post when I had the idea looking for a screen. ?

Use the spring from the inside of a retractable ink pen. Most of them are stainless. Stretch it out a little and bunch it up.