• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What's a good substitute for Vicodin ?

Tanner Blaze

Bluelighter
I've been taking hydrocodone (Vicodin) for years for back pain resulting from a car accident. I was originally prescribed Oxycodone, but the side effects such as dry mouth, nausea, and constipation were too much. I have the same issues with the Vicodin, but to a lesser degree. Non-opiates don't seem to work for my pain as well though. I enjoy the subtle relaxing effects of Vicodin although I don't really abuse this med as it doesn't seem to give me much euphoria. Is there any opioid med out there that gives you that relaxing, warm floating feeling without the harsh side effectsof oxy or hyro? I was thinking of asking my doctor for Dihydrocodeine.

DHC is orders of magnitude less potent than the 'codones, the side effects are usually more prominent too.
Morphine is still the gold standard analgesic in my eyes, provided the dose is sufficient and of the correct formulation.

Either way; it really isn't a good idea to abuse your meds, all it does is jack your tolerance to the point you're gonna be in agony constantly when they stop working.