• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What's a fair LSD threshold dose for someone like me?

The Network

Bluelighter
I'm pretty sensitive to psychoactives, one drink will knock me on my ass if I haven't eaten very recently, I can still get baked as fuck off an eighth of a gram or less of weed, tiny amounts of sleep aids knock me right out. So take that into consideration. I wouldn't say I'm hypersensitive, but definitely a lightweight.

I plan on trying LSD (most likely, at this time, in the form of 1P because it's a lot safer bet than street shit) in the next year or two, as soon as I can get more comfortable with my life situation and have a better setting to trip (ik I won't really "trip" but you get what I mean) than my parents' house. I just want minor effects, I don't want a profound life changing experience, crazy OEVs, or any of that crap. I just want to test the waters to start out with, that's all. A minor dose for some minor mind expansion and subtle psychedelic effects, that's all. I would much prefer it be underwhelming than overwhelming.

What am I looking at for a dose here? If I'm going with 1p it seems like somewhere between 30 and 40ug or so would be a good starting point? 50ug is mid to upper end of threshold I think, and being sensitive myself I think maybe 2 20ug blotter tabs would be fine.

Also I welcome any advice for making my experience better. I'm thinking about finding a place outdoors where there's no one around (unless I invite someone with), quiet, no road noise, just nature and myself. I'm not a huge fan of spending time inside when I don't need to, so outdoors would be more comfortable for me.

I doubt you or anyone would be able to predict that ahead of time.
Hell, I can get too high on one hit of grass, but do a 1/4 gram shot of DMT and like it just fine.
Start low, like it sounds like you're doing and then wait a week or so and adjust your dose.
You can always do more, but...

Dont cut youself short. 40ug will disappoint and you will hardly get anything from it Im not saying go all in but really 60-100 is an extremely manageable dose. I have times when very small amounts of Weed and DMT knock me on my ass but LSD is actually easier r to control in some ways especially at the 100ug area. If you are still worried ask a friend to trip sit and give them a bong and some weed to keep them happy :)

Good luck and happy tripping

The problem with threshold-level trips is that they can be so underwhelming that the negative aspects (uncomfortable stimulation, paranoia, confusion) of the experience become dominant.

Now I'm the last person to go McKenna on people ("you don't want a namby-pamby experience, now go eat a quarter-ounce of shrooms!" :! ), but IMO ~50-75 micrograms would still be playing it plenty safe, and offering a better glimpse into the psychedelic experience.

Im not agreein with the posters. As long as you are hypersensitive, 25-35ug should be enought to taste waters and get a good feeling to wanting for more. Whatever, dont go over 45ug. Have a nice trip!

Im not agreein with the posters. As long as you are hypersensitive, 25-35ug should be enought to taste waters and get a good feeling to wanting for more. Whatever, dont go over 45ug. Have a nice trip!

yes
stay with your plan,
titrate up over a series of experiments.

jumping in stronger really applies to experimenters who only have one opportunity and have to grab it, NOW.

it is true that threshold doses seem to have longer periods of butterflies and confusion, and higher doses roll over that and get right down to intense time disruptions which is where the real gift of psychedelics is commonly known to play.

We call increasing the dose over a series of expermiments titrating up. Keep notes and happy experimenting.