• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos What's 3 Grams of Phenibut Like?

No. 13 Baby

Bluelighter
I've done 2 gram doses a few times and they were pretty beautiful, but does going over that totally change the effects?

no, theres a ceiling effect with phenibut, so taking higher doses does not translate to a stronger experience. taking more is a waste.

Side-effects increase at a faster rate than desirable effects as you really start to push upwards. Im stuck on 4g a night as a sleep aid, want to get off. I never enjoyed phenibut much, I got stuck on after quiting gabapentin. I couldn't handle the brutal insomnia.

its been a while since i took phenibut but i think i didnt notice a big difference between say 1,5g and 3g.

No. There really isn't a ceiling. Its just that the side-effects become more severe as you go higher (in proportion to the positive effects).

what are the potential side effects?

Also, this guy on Erowid said '1.5 grams was nootropic, 3 grams was stimulating, and 4.5 grams was depressing.' I have a strong feeling 3 grams will be great for me.

Last edited:
what are the potential side effects?

Also, this guy on Erowid said '1.5 grams was nootropic, 3 grams was stimulating, and 4.5 grams was depressing.' I have a strong feeling 3 grams will be great for me.

Nausea, over-sedation, depression, irritability etc.

However because people form tolerances to phenibut its hard to say what 3 or 4 grams does. For a non-tolerant individuals, 4g is likely to cause a fair amount of nausea and sedation.

Avoid regular use of phenibut, its highly habituating and physically addictive.

The dose needed differs for everyone. A friend of mine takes 250mg and finds 500mg too much. I took 3 grams my first time and it was WAY too much, I got dizzy and kinda sick and slept for 14 hours and was super late to work and had a hangover the whole next day. When I've taken it often, I work up to 3 grams as my ideal dose but when I don't, 2 grams is best. I don't find that there is a ceiling, but there IS a ceiling for the ideal effects, they peak around 2 grams for me, and the side effects don't manifest much. I get very euphoric and outgoing and talk to everyone and act disinhibited and silly and have a great day. If I take more, I start to get sore bones in my legs especially, and I get slightly dysphoric and feel uncomfortable and weird and need to stretch a lot and it;s generally unpleasant, and then I get a hangover the next day.

Side-effects increase at a faster rate than desirable effects as you really start to push upwards. Im stuck on 4g a night as a sleep aid, want to get off. I never enjoyed phenibut much, I got stuck on after quiting gabapentin. I couldn't handle the brutal insomnia.
I had great success tapering off phenibut from 4 grams right down to nothing. But I did it so my doctor could put me on gabapentin, so now I'm stuck on that. LOL

The plight of the bluelighter, I tell ya...

the quality of the phenibut is a big factor too. I used to do 500mg with good effects, but then that brand stopped selling phenibut so I went somewhere else and doing 500mg does nothing. 2 grams does something, but still not as nice as that first batch I had.

I had great success tapering off phenibut from 4 grams right down to nothing. But I did it so my doctor could put me on gabapentin, so now I'm stuck on that. LOL

The plight of the bluelighter, I tell ya...

Funny thing is, you didn't actually need to taper down, gabapentin replaces phenibut (and vice versa). I've stopped phenibut cold turkey and used gabapentin to get off a few times. And vice versa. I actually find phenibut easier to taper.

Funny thing is, you didn't actually need to taper down, gabapentin replaces phenibut (and vice versa). I've stopped phenibut cold turkey and used gabapentin to get off a few times. And vice versa. I actually find phenibut easier to taper.
Yes, I know. My doctor required me to be completely off of it and I wanted to be as well. So I did it. I've used gabapentin to supplement phenibut and vice versa in the past.

Anyone care to explain some key differences in perceived effects of gabapentin VS phenibut?

I just came off a 4 week gabapentin binge (first one ever) and I was told by everyone else who had done it that there would be no withdrawal syndrome.
And boy were they wrong (or at least in my case). I have been feeling generally unwell, depressed, achey, unmotivated, slow, etc.. ever since I ran out of gabapentin.
I've even been hallucinating. Not in the sense that I'm seeing things that aren't there, but I've been noticing seeing trails behind lit up objects, some times unlit objects and also random yellow patches in my vision. Is this normal for gaba-like withdrawals?

Now I've had a bottle of phenbit for awhile now, but my first few times trying it made me feel a little flat, like I wasn't happy or sad, just here. Where as gabapentin actually made me feel excited about life and had me talking like a maniac. It also had me creative and was helping some of my body aches. Where as Phenibut in the 1,000 gram range just gave me a flat, bored mood & a ton of nausea.

So how similar do people find these drugs in effects? I'm afraid of pushing the phenibut dose any higher due to the gross nausea that accompanies it. I had this same problem with baclofen. Where as gabapentin felt much cleaner and more stimulating for me, along with more of a sense of well being.

Maybe my personal chemical make up just doesn't like phenibut and prefers gabapentin? Idk.

Pregebalin no problem. Nice drug with slow onset.

But Phenibut only makes me feel toxinated. off course i started sensible, 1 gram the advisable dose. That was 24 hour of hell and nausea.

So I halved and halved getting down to 250 mg. Didn't help, worse experience drug ever, got no other one that would apply in mind.

It depends on your tolerance considerably. You don't want to try and get GHB high from this drug. Common side effects from an overdose are vomiting and severe migraine headaches with light sensitivity.