• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Whatever happened to hash based edibles?

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
Not canna butter edibles, but actual hash edibles. When I went to Amsterdam in 1999 like all the edibles were made of hash, tasted great and was potent. I know hash isn't that popular any more (in North America), but still, nowhere I know offers edibles in hash form, its 90 percent canna butter and maybe 10 percent shatter (which are good). That cannabutter stuff just tastes too "green" to me..

Smokey-Coffeeshop-in-Amsterdam-Menu.jpg

hash is not really a base, it is a manufactured product, created by concentrating weed trichomes in various ways, - any baked cannabis is good, in the same way as baked hash would be, or a simply a food product with thc added.

modernity huh, we got cellphones instead of wireless extension phones, some things become outmoded.

talking homebaked (sic) I like hash edibles the best by far, no idea why, just seem to prefer it

I usually decarb in oven, take my time over making the cakes or whatever,

but a few days ago I just crumbled 0.15g lovely quality hash into a small amount melted butter, fried it slowly for a couple of minutes and soaked it into a small piece of bread - was high af for many hours, bargain!

talking homebaked (sic) I like hash edibles the best by far, no idea why, just seem to prefer it

I usually decarb in oven, take my time over making the cakes or whatever,

but a few days ago I just crumbled 0.15g lovely quality hash into a small amount melted butter, fried it slowly for a couple of minutes and soaked it into a small piece of bread - was high af for many hours, bargain!

With hash you just put one big piece in the butter and it melts.

With weed you have to crumble down and strain it, way less elegant.

I remember hash edibles to but i havent seen them in ages. None of the stores here sell them either.

Same thing that happened to nice nug run concentrates.. People have all this trim scrap and B buds (more like D- buds in many cases) that need to find a home.

-GC

With hash you just put one big piece in the butter and it melts.

With weed you have to crumble down and strain it, way less elegant.
Or you can just dump the whole butter/weed mix into flour and sugar and make planty-shortbread

Even less elegant! (but effective)

I use full extract cannabis oil to make most of my edibles (rso)

If you make em at home, go that route