• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What you need to know about poppy seed tea

Poppyguy69

Greenlighter
Im new here so I apologize if this should be somewhere else. I am no drug expert, but know a lot about opiates/opioids. This is what I know about poppy seed tea. Gauging potency- I have heard over and over that when you buy seeds that the darker they are the better. For me though the seeds with a light to medium blue-gray color are the best. Also the best seeds seemed to have very little pod material, so this is no way to gauge strength. The only real test is to start with a low dose of course but the color and bitterness of the tea will be your best bet. There has been tea so incredibly bitter to tea that is just a pale yellow color with a bland flavor. The smell of the seeds should not smell like spices or of course a chemical smell either. In fact the best seeds in my opinion have only a mild earthy smell. Preperation- Very simple, 1. get a 2 liter bottle, fill it up with seeds. add enough water so they can go over the seeds slightly. That amounts to about 500 ml or around 16 ounces or so. And lastly shake like hell for 3 minutes and strain. Just untwist the cap slightly. Now some people shake for longer but I dont find this necessary. I use room temperature water to luke warm water. adding an acid in my opinion does not help shake off the residue, But if people feel that it make the morphine more complex then by all means use a little emon juice. Dosage- Its a slippery slope judging a dose but for the seeds that are truly unwashed a half pound will get someone with a medium tolerance a great buzz. I feel as though unwashed seeds have around 200 mg of morphine plus an multitude of other alkaloids. Its always best to start out low and judge it by bitterness and color. I will post part 2 if anyone is interested. unfortunetly I have been addicted to this for quite some time. Anyways any thoughts about pst?

^Certainly as addictive as all his buddies when it comes to opiates. The PST that I have made and imbibed, many many years ago, was effective to say the least. Used to get the seeds from a local indian spice shop. The seeds were always a sticky and clumped together into golfball and smaller sized clumps.

The Persian whites I used to grow were top notch too, not the best taste but anything good drug wise rarely tastes "good" ime (a few exceptions of course)

How long have you been addicted to opiates? Is PST the only opiate preparation you're into or do you use others?

Take Care PG69!

sounds about right. i use pretty hot water though. and i put my seeds in a stocking, pour hot water over, then agitate them by hand for a couple mins. i do it by hand because i like to think i scrubbed each little seed! hard to judge potency, but the seeds i get - which have been from the same source for about 4 years - i equate 1.25lbs = 30mg oxycodone

i've edited to add that per 1 lbs seeds i use jus under 300ml of water

Last edited:
I have tried this 3 times. The 1st time, I got no name brand poppy seeds from a Chinese dollar store. They were very dark, with lots of residue still in the bottle (they worked well). The second time, I got some from a health food store, with slightly less success. The third time, I bought about 2 lbs of the Badia brand. They appear to be unwashed, especially compared to McCormick. This was the most effective batch. I added lemon juice from 3 lemons, and did 3 washes. I put the seeds into an empty grapefruit juice bottle, added luke warm water, and shook on and off for 15 minutes. Then, I used a metal strainer to strain the liquid into a bowl. I strained a second time, due to some seeds getting through the first time. Did the second wash, which actually seemed to be a little stronger (probably because I didn't get all the liquid out the first time). The third wash was less potent, but still worked somewhat. The color of the first & second washes was a murky, yellowish-brown with a bit of an oily surface. Tasted nasty, caused slight upset stomach, but definitely cured my morphine withdrawal. I should note that I have been on opioids for about 6 years for arthritis, degenerative disc disease, fibromyalgia, and multiple surgeries. My tolerance is much higher than the casual user, so i don't recommend using the amounts of seeds that I used. The reason I made the tea was that I miscalculated my supply of pain meds by a few days. I had to use the tea for a couple days so I had enough morphine to take for 2 days prior to my PM doc appointment in case of a drug test. I didn't get high, but it took care of the pain & withdrawals. So, all in all, I would say that for all the effort and the amount of seeds used, there was not a ton of morphine in them. I would estimate between 30-60mg maximum. I take 90mg day of MS Contin and 10 mg oxycodone 3x's a day for breakthrough pain. I really want to try to pod tea, but it seems very cost ineffective, and hard to find the pods these days. I bet if you live in/near a major city with a Chinatown, you can probably purchase pods cheaply & easily.

My thoughts:

"Its a slippery slope judging a dose" .. you only have to soak/shake for a min. if you have sludge you're overdoing it.There is nothing active inside the seed. Everything that makes Disco make it's return and conveys waves from Heaven is on the outside of the seed.

The biggest hurdle is which batch of X lot is good/bad.

PST discussion should be limited to specific forums and kept off bullshit interbebz liking Tumblr, facebook. That shit will make PST go the route of past luxuries such as Kat, Salvia and other sacraments.There is a website actually selling pre bottled seeds with a shitty K2 looking label with a K2 dopey brand name. I was so fucking pissed when I saw that. Find motherfuckers that are doing that and have a chat with them if possible, politely of course.

Don't go to chain stores or any stores that sell food item seeds and let them think anything other than you're a bagel Sheff. We're all just bagel chefs.

You're very right about bitterness and color , to an extent, being gauges of potency: but with ever new lot one should *always* do a slow upward dose iteration in order to make sure you don't have a batch of high thebaine poppies. I had a nasty fucking seizure and other bad side effects from high thebaine tea. I have read that Iranian grown poppies are more apt to have this trait.

Nasty to mention is important and always a regretful neglect, TEND TO YOUR BOWELS! Get senna laxative and/or loads of daily fiber as even one or two days of PST can make many average patients completely impacted!! Keep reading and you'll eventually find stories of people having to use a spoon to force a BM and other fine oddities.

Never take for granted that PST no matter it's stigma should be considered IMO a sacrament and respected as such. It's a fluke we must embrace and protect.

Be safe and don't tell your friends! :p:p:p:p

^Certainly as addictive as all his buddies when it comes to opiates. The PST that I have made and imbibed, many many years ago, was effective to say the least. Used to get the seeds from a local indian spice shop. The seeds were always a sticky and clumped together into golfball and smaller sized clumps.

Oh, wow, that sounds incredible. I'd love to find seeds of that quality at some point.

I wish we as users of drugs did not have to be so clandestine in our approach to use. I have only used PST twice in my life. Each time was alright. Got the seeds at the (redacted). They were good. The first tek is the best. Use only slightly warm tap water because too warm will damage the alkaloids. I find the best way to get the alkoloids off the seeds and into your cup is creating a stand for your bottle and having it pour slowly through a tea strainer...the finer the mesh the better.

Be safe. quality varies vastly.

I always used an old tshirt and poured it through..then i squeezed it to get everything out of it.

I cannot find good seeds anywhere for the past 4-5 months. It sucks I have checked every market, bulk store, in a 50 mile radius.
By the way the Farmers Market I typically by from for the past 3 years began putting their seeds behind the counter last month. They know me. I have the booth at the fleamarket that sells poppyrolls :) Anyway the manager went on to tell me that kids have been stealing them and they went to the police and found out that apparently there is a way they can use them to get high.

I live by an amish market and they import their seeds from Australia and they are the ones that look graveled colored. They are light blue to dark blue and have much material in them. I buy mine to stretch painkillers and it works great. I usually by 5 pounds a week and really don't give a shit what they might think I'm using them for. I mean they are legal and I'm not dealing with a medical professional so fuck them and what they think. Never gotten high from them but also don't try to. I make a pound worth at a time and do 2 washes and use 1st wash in the morning and the second wash in the evening. the first wash looks like creek water it's yellowish brown and very bitter. living by the amsih makes me happy after seeing people going crazy for them on amazon and then having to wait for delivery and beat others to the punch because they sell out so fast. my only worry with them is I can't touch the stuff a week before my pm appointment because I don't need to come up hot for morphine and codeine.

I grow two varieties of poppy (Papaver Somniferum), Afghan white and Tazmanian purple. I know these varieties have a supposedly high Alkoloid count (Not sure in the truth of that statement).

I've never really used them for any other purpose than to look at, I maybe have 20 - 30 of each plant.

What would I do to be safe if I decided to start making PST. Taking into account I have a moderate tolerance to Opiates due to years of pain management with Dihydrocodeine, Codeine, Tramadol & Morphine Sulphate.

Thanks.

I grow two varieties of poppy (Papaver Somniferum), Afghan white and Tazmanian purple. I know these varieties have a supposedly high Alkoloid count (Not sure in the truth of that statement).

I've never really used them for any other purpose than to look at, I maybe have 20 - 30 of each plant.

What would I do to be safe if I decided to start making PST. Taking into account I have a moderate tolerance to Opiates due to years of pain management with Dihydrocodeine, Codeine, Tramadol & Morphine Sulphate.

Thanks.
I don't know alkaloid content or any of that but if these 2 plants are safe for recreational(research it) then I would make pod tea after first extracting as much latex as possible for a nice opium high. If you have the plants the seeds would be last on my list of objectives!

I don't know alkaloid content or any of that but if these 2 plants are safe for recreational(research it) then I would make pod tea after first extracting as much latex as possible for a nice opium high. If you have the plants the seeds would be last on my list of objectives!

Ah, I see. Reading more into this I would be much better off with the use of the pod before the seed.

I still don't have much of a clue on how to safely go through with this.

Ah, I see. Reading more into this I would be much better off with the use of the pod before the seed.

I still don't have much of a clue on how to safely go through with this.

Seed is easier to work with, in my opinion. With pods you have to grind them up first and then the tea from it tastes just god awful, much worse than from the seeds. Although some people do report pod morphine/alkaloid content is higher, so it's a give and take.

I get my seeds from a local market in their bulk food section. They're semi-washed, cost $4/lb, and i use 2 pounds. I dump it all in a big pot, pour in 2 pints of water, put on the stove on very low heat, stir occasionally for 10 minutes (don't let the water get too hot), then drain through a strainer (the big mesh tea strainers work great vs colanders) Drink, enjoy.

After a long day of work it's better than booze, in my opinion for relaxing/feeling good. Although I have noticed it tends to keep me up late at night if i drink it too late in the day.

Also, another thing most people may not know is that high-fat food potentiates morphine. Which is why sometimes I'll eat a bowl of ice cream before I drink the poppy seed tea.

Last edited: