• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what will taking 2 sodium valporate 200 mg do

spoder

Greenlighter
my brother for some reason just had a seizure (this has never happened before in his life) and he got perscrribed sodium valporate 200mg. will taking these do anything ? (i have never had seizures)

Valproate (Sodium Valproate, Divalproex, etc) has no rec value at all. Also it can be a rather nasty drug to take and it requires blood monitoring much like Lithium does so that it dos not go toxic. If you did take it id probably expect abit of upset stomach and maybe diarrhea as these are common side effects when starting treatment.

So yeah no rec value at all. Unless you need to take Sodium Valproate for a Seizure disorder, as a Anti-Manic drug, for Migraines or any other medical reason there is absolutely no point in taking Valproate.

What he said. It also has quite a few drug interactions, can be hepatotoxic, and make you quite dizzy. Not one to fool around with.

What he said. It also has quite a few drug interactions, can be hepatotoxic, and make you quite dizzy. Not one to fool around with.

Yeah i took it for maybe 6 months i guess to help the Manic side of my Bipolar. It didn't help my Mania and seemed to make my depression worse so that was not the drug for me. I noticed i felt kinda dizzy and off the first few days i was on it. That was not a pleasant feeling though not as bad as most Anti-Depressants. But yeah unless you have a medical reason to take it it's just not worth it. Plus unlike say Lamotrigine Valproate is rather hard on the liver so that's another reason to not take it unless you have to.