View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What was your first LSD trip like?

myownself

Greenlighter
My first time, I took some form of liquid acid. I was getting ready for it to get put in my eye, and the guy was like, "Nooo, it's going in your nose."

WTF.

Anyways, a little backstory, I had run out of contacts a week ago, so I was also sort of blind before the trip.

Within about 30 minutes I began getting visuals. The couch was swimming and whatnot. Then things got really crazy. My vision get even more blurry and slurred than it was. I also noted that i was shaking really bad. I kept getting asked if I was OK, and i kept saying I was fun. (Later on I was told that I kept shaking my head.)

My buddy ended up dipping out cause his girlfriend needed him home, so it was just me and my sober buddy. We went in his room, he dimmed the lights, and we began to just watch some stand up comedy and I just laid there and took it all in.

I had a slight headache, and my buddies fan kept going in and out with the trip. I also kept hearing the sound of a ticking bomb and with each tick, the trip would intensify until I snapped back to reality for a second.

The trip was scary at some points. I saw a coat and thought it was a monster. It looked like and felt like I had bugs crawling all over my skin. I didn't like that. And when i was just laying on the bed, my vision would twist in the corners and it would look like creatures kept getting closer with the ticking bomb. That was scary as fuck.

Overall, it was alright. I don't feel like I was in the right settings. I want to do it again.

My first trip was ...back in the early 90s, hahaha. But I won't go on about how superior the acid was...because it wasn't, in most cases. Just much more readily available - and cheap. £3 a tab if I remember correctly. I just remember the colours, the skies, the big goofy trees waving hello. The sharp sillhouettes of hedgerows writhing and fizzing. Yum

Last edited:
IDK if what you did was acid man. I realize trips can vary greatly from person to person, but you didn't mention any of the mind expanding properties, which IME are the main effects of the drug. But maybe it was real, who knows.... just be careful man. If you're taking something that isn't actually LSD, you could easily be taking something that could potentially kill you like an NBOMe drug, or a DOx drug that you could potentially OD on.

More on topic, my first trip was pure magic. I did get strong visuals, but I also experienced profound feelings of knowing the answers to the ultimate questions of life. I experienced a sort of shared consciousness between my roommates and I who were also tripping. Time and my self (ego) ceased to exist. I wouldn't trade my first LSD trip for anything in the world.

This might be a bit of a cliche, I don't know.
But my 1st trip was amazing, 20 years later and it still crosses my mind nearly everyday.

Apart from seeing music ( it looks like oil on water - as i'm sure some of you know ) the most amazing thing was comprehending infinity.
Not just understanding it as a concept, but really comprehending. I felt a real sense of the universe stretching out forever in all directions. Like 360 degree vertigo.
As a 15 year old, who had never heard of McKenna, Huxley or the like, and had been told that the tab was old and probably wouldn't even work it was a real eye opener.

I just tripped balls for the first time Sunday night. My weed man said he had some Lucy so I stopped by his crib and we were talking about it. He's tripped at least 50 times and he told me straight up that this was some fierce shit, very strong. I grabbed two. I get home and my mom and dad and two brothers and cousin and some famously friend are at the house. I felt pretty comfortable about tripping that evening. I pop one. I go downstairs and await my trip. About an hour after, I start getting this nervous burst of energy that just makes me crack up. I got a lot of energy out of nowhere. I started shadow boxing and whatnot. I sit down and my laptop looked like a little by farther away than normal. Then i texted my dealer that he was right about the strength I could already feel it kicking in. For whatever reason I went balls to the wall and popped both. Then my basement started to darken in color. It turned a deep purple then a red. It was like the light bulbs were changing colors and causing a change in the brightness of the room. I started cracking up. About two hours pass and I don't really have any good visuals yet, probably cause the second one hadn't digested fully yet. I started getting this different perspective on life. I thought that this drug opened up a way to higher thinking and I started getting really motivated to succeed and do something in life. I immediately started texting my friends and telling them we had to try this together it was the real deal. Everybody had settled down and went to bed except for my dad who was upstairs watching tv. The acid had kicked in HARD. I started having the first thoughts of paranoia. I was afraid of my mom coming down and talking to me. I knew that immediately she wouldn't know I had done a drug of some sorts but I knew I couldn't have a conversation and she knew something was gonna be up. I shut off the tv and the lights and laid down on the couch. This is where things got bad. I started hallucinating like crazy. It was too much for me. I said to myself "fuck this I'm going to sleep". I heard that you're not gonna be able to sleep for at least 12 hours and I took it at 830. I couldn't imagine this keeping me awake til then. I had work in the morning. I needed my rest.
It was so scary. I had the strangest thoughts. I started thinking WHAT THE FUCK DID I GET MYSELF INTO THIS TIME. I started realizing how IMPORTANT set and setting were. I wanted to explore the house and laugh and not be worried about getting caught. I thought I was gonna end up in a mental hospital for life or something. BAD TRIP. I finally came to terms that I had to ride it out the whole night. I was in a horrible trip and I wanted to make it better. I turned on my music and tried to listen to some music. I realized how shitty the music was and that it was a man made illusion on what type of music you listened to. The music I had was violent rap encouraged by people my age. Then my dealer texted me SHPONGLE. START SHPONGLE BANNER. SHPONGLE FALLS. DAMN STRAIGHT. LISTEN TO THOSE SONGS WITH CAUTION. I had no idea what he was sayin. I google it. It was a band. I listened to the star SHPONGLE banner. It was exactly what I needed. I think it was the Beatles in there talking about acid. It was awesome. I watched tv. I think tv was just a cover up for if my mom came down. I needed an excuse for bein up at 2 in the morning. I struggled between listening to music and watching tv. I didn't really understand one word of the movie (bang the drums loudly I think was the name with robert de Niro) but I understood the whole plot and everything. I was more interested in the actual drug than anything. It made me feel awesome. I wanted everyone in the world to experience ACID. I now had extreme respect for everyone who had done acid. I YouTubed like the Beatles first acid trip and cracked up to them talking about it. I went outside and looked at my backyard. The moon and starlight illuminated the sky. I live on a farm and everything is all trees and fields and beautifulness. The trees were turning inside out and the sky was lit up. I was so appreciative of nature. I was so swept up in its beauty that I knew it would be hard to explain me just standing outside. It was like an outside force guided me inside with a calm push. Half of me wanted to gaze at the stars while the other half lead me inside. The hours went by so fast. However at one point I looked at the little second pointer on my watch and it started going backwards hahaha. I watched cheech and chop gs animated movie and CRIED laughing. I played with the visuals until the morning. I had to go to the doctor wih my mom that morning.
When we were driving there I realized how ugly my mom looked. I realized how ugly everyone looked. I go to a children's doctors office cause I'm not 18. All the moms looked so burnt out and ugly. Like they just threw on makeup and outfits to just get by. I was so tolerant of these little flaws in people. I looked at a young toddler. He was so beautiful. I wouldn't have paid him any mind any other day. I went to work and was so tired. I was exhausted. My mind had a headache. I'm planning on tripping in a few hours off just one tab. I think I'm addicted to it.

My first trip was ...back in the early 90s, hahaha. But I won't go on about how superior the acid was...because it wasn't, in most cases. Just much more readily available - and cheap. £3 a tab if I remember correctly. I just remember the colours, the skies, the big, goofy trees waving hello. The sharp sillhouettes of hedgerows writhing and fizzing. Yum

At least it was all acid back then, there weren't any other substitute drugs powerful enough to fit on a small blotter. Sounds like we need to test it these days.

OP, that doesn't sound like acid, never heard anybody get those kind of hallucinations & say it was just alright.

Iliketoswim, you probably want to wait a week or more for your next one, give that trip time to sink in, you might not trip so hard if you don't wait, that's why it's not addictive, you'd have to fight a tolerance.

IDK if what you did was acid man. I realize trips can vary greatly from person to person, but you didn't mention any of the mind expanding properties, which IME are the main effects of the drug. But maybe it was real, who knows.... just be careful man. If you're taking something that isn't actually LSD, you could easily be taking something that could potentially kill you like an NBOMe drug, or a DOx drug that you could potentially OD on.

More on topic, my first trip was pure magic. I did get strong visuals, but I also experienced profound feelings of knowing the answers to the ultimate questions of life. I experienced a sort of shared consciousness between my roommates and I who were also tripping. Time and my self (ego) ceased to exist. I wouldn't trade my first LSD trip for anything in the world.
Well, like i said, not having contacts was distracting, and there were some bad vibes. Wasn't the best setting to trip

This might be a bit of a cliche, I don't know.
But my 1st trip was amazing, 20 years later and it still crosses my mind nearly everyday.

Apart from seeing music ( it looks like oil on water - as i'm sure some of you know ) the most amazing thing was comprehending infinity.
Not just understanding it as a concept, but really comprehending. I felt a real sense of the universe stretching out forever in all directions. Like 360 degree vertigo.
As a 15 year old, who had never heard of McKenna, Huxley or the like, and had been told that the tab was old and probably wouldn't even work it was a real eye opener.
I totally agree man, it's like... once you sober up, it's less comprehensible again.... but while you're on a strong acid trip, it all just clicks. I like to say that I feel as if I know the true size of the universe, and it simply floors me when I do. The infinite is so... infinite hahah. No words can describe it.

At least it was all acid back then, there weren't any other substitute drugs powerful enough to fit on a small blotter. Sounds like we need to test it these days.

OP, that doesn't sound like acid, never heard anybody get those kind of hallucinations & say it was just alright.

Iliketoswim, you probably want to wait a week or more for your next one, give that trip time to sink in, you might not trip so hard if you don't wait, that's why it's not addictive, you'd have to fight a tolerance.

Yep, you deffo knew where you stood with it.

Pretty poor first acid trip - assumed because I'd taken lots of mushrooms I could take acid in a higher dose too so I took 400-500mics. Way too much for me and I had to lay down for a couple of hours until things calmed down. Had a lot better trips since then.

My first trip was absolutely beautiful, this was 20 years ago now and it is still fresh in my mind not something I will ever forget. I was totally blowen away by it, lots of beautiful colours and patterns and then the sound of music wow! Everything about the whole experience was just beautiful.

My first trip was just walking all around the University of Tennessee's campus after finding out the day before that I had got into Pharmacy school

My first stuff was mad hatter and it wasn't very visual but I laughed my balls off and everything around me became unfamiliar and very intriguing . Things like... I saw a flock of black birds fly over my head (I don't know if they were really black but that's what my brain saw) and it was amazing.