• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What to do with entire stash of Lyrica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotmoonsauce

Bluelighter
Are you allowed to ask anywhere on Bluelight this question? If not, I can just delete it.
I put it on Reddit and got several replies saying "sell them to me!" but that wasn't my intent. As a disabled vet I get Lyrica and some other drugs prescribed to me. I have never actually taken the Lyrica but just put it in a ziplock over the years. I imagine I probably have over a 3000 pills.

Can you just throw these out?
Do you bring them to a pharmacy?
Can I give these to someone else who might need them? (though how would you even know they "need" them)
Can I trust anyone on Reddit or is likely just a bunch of drug seekers?

Sorry if I shouldn't have posted this here, I'm not trying to break any rules. I'm just an old vet seeing if I can help another out.

What country do you live in? here in Argentina you could donate it to public hospitals that do not receive government Lyrica because it is very expensive and there are people who really need it

Probably anyone will say "just give it to me" I would love to send me some to use when I retire from methadone hahaha but those things are impossible, I would donate them in some hospital

I'm up here in North America. I don't know if you could ship these or not?
Mmmh I'm not really sure, probably yes, but due to the amount you may think that it is for illicit purposes and not to donate a part to the public health system of my country

Talk to me privately if you consider it, I would talk to a doctor here who can receive you in the case of wanting to donate it

The best way to dispose of medication especially Lyrica is to give it back to the pharmacy who dispensed it to u.

If you really have no use for them you should be able to return them to the pharmacy. I don't know what they do with the drugs that get returned, probably dispose of them.

Sourcing is not allowed here, no shipment discussion. Throw them away, in a discrete and destructive manner, or give them back to the pharmacy.

I'm going to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.