• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What to do when heroin won't dissolve?

MarcAnthony

Greenlighter
What to do when heroin won?t dissolve

I know this thread doesn?t belong here, but could not post in proper place because I am on a mobile device and was having the same issue many others have had and it seemed people were just posting here and waiting for thread to be moved to proper place.

I?m fairly new to shooting up, but have been overall successful in the process. Was a little tough to get it right at first but I got it. Then this new batch of H I got wasn?t dissolving, just powder sitting in water. I threw the cotton in and hoped to just suck it up anyway, but the cotton pretty much just soaked up the water and left all the white residue behind. I?ve been doing some reading and it seems this must be a pretty shitty batch because if it doesn?t dissolve it?s not heroin. But I skipped the cotton filter and was able to (after a while) get most of it into the syringe.
Shot felt a little weak, but overall decent.

I?m curious what others do when they have this problem. I still want all the powder in the syringe so I can shoot it up, but the shit just won?t dissolve. I?m assuming I?m not the only one whose encountered this problem. Has anyone had experience with this? What did you do? I?m assuming there?s a common solution, but can?t find anything online at all.

I?m fairly new to shooting up, but have been overall successful in the process. Was a little tough to get it right at first but I got it. Then this new batch of H I got wasn?t dissolving, just powder sitting in water. I threw the cotton in and hoped to just suck it up anyway, but the cotton pretty much just soaked up the water and left all the white residue behind. I?ve been doing some reading and it seems this must be a pretty shitty batch because if it doesn?t dissolve it?s not heroin. But I skipped the cotton filter and was able to (after a while) get most of it into the syringe.
Shot felt a little weak, but overall decent.

I?m curious what others do when they have this problem. I still want all the powder in the syringe so I can shoot it up, but the shit just won?t dissolve. I?m assuming I?m not the only one whose encountered this problem. Has anyone had experience with this? What did you do? I?m assuming there?s a common solution, but can?t find anything online at all.

What type of Heroin is it? Brown heroin will not dissolve in water on its own you need to add citric acid/Vit C to it. Maybe your gear is the same?

have you tried citric acid or ascorbic acid? It might be in a base and not able to dissolve unless converted into a salt.

One guy I used to know would add a drop of lemon juice, he did the same with crack to shoot it. Ew though IMO.

No, no no....do not use lemon juice unless you want to go blind from Candida endophthalmitis. Since you don't live in the UK no acid should be necessary, if it isn't dissolving it isn't heroin and you don't want to shoot it. Also, definitely don't repeat what you just did, there is a reason people filter their shots, you don't want to be shooting solid particulates into your bloodstream.

The common solution is use a cotton filter and leave your insoluble cut behind, there is absolutely no benefit to shooting it because its not heroin. It may look like none if it is dissolving, but I promise you whatever is active is dissolving, you could even be getting cut fentanyl in which case the amount of active material in your shot is nearly microscopic so it really would look like none of it is dissolving, but even with normal heroin the actual amount of active material in your shot is very small, normally it all dissolves because it is being cut with something soluble, in your case it is not, but there is no reason to force some random insoluble shit into your veins.

Maybe other places in Europe, but it definitely doesn't come this way, other than through the mail, and if it did it wouldn't be white.

Well just like anyone, I would assume its heroin hydrochloride, since its a white powder and from NYC. But that may not be the case. Its possible that its recrystallized heroin base, which would also be white and powdered (though I'm not sure about its water solubility).

Duplicate thread?

Well just like anyone, I would assume its heroin hydrochloride, since its a white powder and from NYC. But that may not be the case. Its possible that its recrystallized heroin base, which would also be white and powdered (though I'm not sure about its water solubility).