• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

what test kit to get

neurotic

Bluelighter
after reading many long term comedown stories that scared the shit out of me, and shitty ecstasy pills making me waste my money... i decided to take it more responsibly and buy a testing kit.

thing is i don't roll that often (not often at all tbh) nor have that much money to buy all of them so i read a bit on dancesafe.org and either Marquis or Mecke only seem to do the trick, no need to get all fancy.

i read the charts and shit and it seems to me that any one of them could do the deal, but dancesafe.org claims about the Mecke one "If you can only afford a single reagent, this is the one to get. " - quoting from the site

any thoughts/ideas/tips? why is that so?

thanks guys

after reading many long term comedown stories that scared the shit out of me, and shitty ecstasy pills making me waste my money... i decided to take it more responsibly and buy a testing kit.

thing is i don't roll that often (not often at all tbh) nor have that much money to buy all of them so i read a bit on dancesafe.org and either Marquis or Mecke only seem to do the trick, no need to get all fancy.

i read the charts and shit and it seems to me that any one of them could do the deal, but dancesafe.org claims about the Mecke one "If you can only afford a single reagent, this is the one to get. " - quoting from the site

any thoughts/ideas/tips? why is that so?

thanks guys

Get both. They are really cheap on ebay.

At the very least, get the marquis. Honestly any other kit is going to be next to useless if you don't have a marquis to go alongside it

Get both. They are really cheap on ebay.

holy shit thanks for the tip, i just went on ebay and found some test kits for less than 10 bucks (sorry if that's price discussion mods!)... but are they reliable? did you ever buy one off ebay and care to share some info?

At the very least, get the marquis. Honestly any other kit is going to be next to useless if you don't have a marquis to go alongside it

yeah that was my first decision, the Marquis, but i accidentally clicked the Mecke and it had that thing saying 'buy this one if you gonna buy only one' and that made me kinda curious... any reasoning behind that? both seemed fine/enough to me

anyway thanks for responses guys

The reasoning for the Mecke is that DXM used to be sold as MDMA, and the reaction for DXM on the marquis is a dark grey (similar to the black of an MDMA reaction) while the mecke reaction is green (iirc)

DXM is almost NEVER sold as MDMA anymore, especially since if you were to take it with real MDMA you would die. The mecke will not react to methamphetamine though, a MUCH more common cut, and doesn't have any where near as well documented results that the marquis has. I would certainly recommend getting both if you plan on testing psychedelics, but for MDMA only the marquis is fine

thanks for the explanation

any thoughts about buying them off of ebay as suggested? is this reliable (my biggest concern)?

I had no problem with my ebay ones and I have done control tests with SR mdma and rx adderol.

thanks for the explanation

any thoughts about buying them off of ebay as suggested? is this reliable (my biggest concern)?

Reagents are an extremely simple mixture, the marquis is just sulfuric acid and formaldehyde in a specific concentration. If you bought the raw ingredients you could probably make 10,000 tests for like $10... so yeah, those ebay kits are likely just as reliable as DanceSafe.

EZ test is the only company I know of that has specialized testing apparatus, but I don't particularly like their kits as they're way too expensive and I feel it's harder to watch the reaction as well.

Recently I also went to DanceSafe site and found they provided video demonstrating testing procedure :)

Check the six simple rules to MDMA - has a list of some of the suppliers.

I would personally say - Get the Marquis as this will test for amps which are a more commonly used adulterant than say Ketamine that the Mecke is good at detecting.

^ The mandelin detects ketamine, not the Mecke. Just FYI. As I said the mecke was designed as a better way to differentiate MDMA from DXM. It's most useful for the identification of psychedelics these days though, a mecke in conjunction with a marquis can do a great job at testing extremely similar psychedelics apart from each other.