• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What reasons are there for microdosing LSD or psilocybin?

For when you don't want to go balls to the wall. It would be like drinking half a beer.

You get that head change without the mind f***

There's been a lot of research now showing that psychedelics probably promote neural plasticity through neuritogenesis, spinogenesis, and even limited neurogenesis (in the hippocampus or something?). I think this is why psychedelics seem to hit the "reset" button, give you fresh perspective, and can get you out of a rut. They put your brain into a more plastic state: open, pro-learning, they turn on your brain's ability to rewire. They thaw out the crystallized pathways in your brain somewhat (habits, reflexive behaviours, default perspectives) and give you a chance to move them to a more productive/beneficial route. From the previous local maxima, to higher local maxima. I think we've all observed these characteristics anecdotally and subjectively - to put it much more simply, that psychedelics can make you a better person. For a few years now research has been showing a physiological counterpart to these characteristics, and to me this validates (to some extent) what we've been suspecting and hoping was true - but sometimes sounds like fanciful hippie thinking.

Anyways, that was a long-winded way to say that microdosing and mini-dosing might be a good way to tap into a steady flow of a gentle mental loosening, learning, directed re-wiring. Rather than tearing the whole house down with the kind of heroic dose trips that make you question the very fabric of reality, these smaller doses are a more practical way to just loosen up preconceptions and soften your brain into being more open to learning again. A series of nudges, instead of an atom bomb.

As we age, our brains tend to get more hard wired and fixed. Our brains prune less-used pathways, and reinforce the most useful ones. This is how training and learning work, and you definitely want this - it's how you "never forget how to ride a bike". But on the flip side it means we can get stuck in some un-useful or outdated perspectives even as the world around us is changing rapidly. Or for another example, some people can get caught in cycles of self-reinforcing depression, as the grooves of depression get more and more well worn in the mind.

To me, taking psychedelics is a way to hopefully age more gracefully, to keep my mind a bit more young and flexible and creative than it might be otherwise. I think a little bit of microdosing here and there might be useful for that, as well as mini doses and more occasional full-fledged trips.
This. Just this! I reckon you are a writer. If not, you should consider a career change!

Maybe this will come off as naive or typical to some, but I wanted to say - I always thought the whole microdose thing was mostly over-exaggerated bullshit until I did just that by taking old/expired shrooms. I basically didn’t trip at all after eating like 5 caps/stalks + some tea, but the next day, a lot of what I’d call “socially anxious tendencies“ I had been exhibiting for years for were straight up just GONE with absolutely zero effort on my part. I also just felt more “awake” or “normal” in a way I can’t really articulate.

I wouldn’t necessarily say I was cured of anything because these benefits were mostly only notable during the first few weeks after the initial exposure (my mental health is also becoming very questionable again despite this whole ordeal), but would really encourage anyone who‘s interested in microdosing to try it for themselves (at least for shrooms) because the benefits are definitely real in my personal experience.

Above is paper discussing microdosing LSD.

I've never purposefully done it but I've been given low quality acid and when after 1 hour it had only just squeeked into producing an alert, I ate another 5 which did produce moderate effects. I am very much in the school of thinking that a good, hefty dose taken once every 3 months is going to provide more benefits. I think I'm right in saying that a lot of research suggests that the neuroplasticity continues for about 3 months.

It's sad that we live in a world where LSD is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain whereas much more dangerous drugs are everywhere. I suggest that it's because acid doesn't provide the dealer with such a huge income and yet is legally on par with things like fentanyl.

The whole argument as to long term use would make you a space cadet would, IMO, depend on dosage. I've mini-dosed to party or attend concerts and I think that may have long term issues. Taking a dose you can barely feel would likely have way less issues. Less than traditional antidepressants, anyway.

But anyway, question... anyone have experience using Psilocybin for migraines. I've also heard of microdose acid working for this.
My daughter has bad migraines. She doesn't do psychedelics and I'm not ready to recommend them in "tripping" doses. However, I do have an order in for some shrooms and have recommended microdosing to her.

What exactly happens when you do the micro dose for about a month every third day or so?

Been researching a bit says LSD is better for more extroverted things psilocybin is more for introverted , it introspective things? like if you got a day to yourself . LSD is more when you're around people and out and stuff like that, does that sound correct?

Does it help anxiety or if you've been through a recent failure even if it's been a month and a half ago and you replay it over into your head and think back to, at different scenarios , sometimes imagining things you rather not feeling jealous but sometimes it's too much and know it's beneficial to replace focus on an event you failed at. Does microdosing LSD help with a different way of looking at the situation, moving on with more creatively with another perspective where the same repeated thoughts are thought about many times, like you've programmed them in and want to rid of them , play more useful thoughts, like present moment enjoyment ? What about psilocybin?

Has anyone been through anything similar , microdoses about a month, we're there any negative ,undesirable effects, positive, creative effects that encouraged you to overcome an experience , a failure that felt traumatic, faster than you thought you would have without microdosing, and changed your perspective so it doesnt feel traumatic anymore?

Maybe have a look here :

PSYCHEDELIC MEDICINE | MICRODOSING +80 articles

🙏

Last edited:
But anyway, question... anyone have experience using Psilocybin for migraines. I've also heard of microdose acid working for this.
My daughter has bad migraines. She doesn't do psychedelics and I'm not ready to recommend them in "tripping" doses. However, I do have an order in for some shrooms and have recommended microdosing to her.
I don’t have personal experience but have a friend who manages to almost eliminate migraines by using acid just every couple years or so. He claims it helps him no matter the dose, tho his smallest does is probably mini not micro. HBW also helped him at just about threshold dose. Another friend of mine also got relief from be it headache or migraine with sub-threshold dose of HBW, so in that case definitely micro dose.

Maybe have a look here :

PSYCHEDELIC MEDICINE | HEADACHES +40 articles

🙏

What exactly happens when you do the micro dose for about a month every third day or so?

Been researching a bit says LSD is better for more extroverted things psilocybin is more for introverted , it introspective things? like if you got a day to yourself . LSD is more when you're around people and out and stuff like that, does that sound correct?

Does it help anxiety or if you've been through a recent failure even if it's been a month and a half ago and you replay it over into your head and think back to, at different scenarios , sometimes imagining things you rather not feeling jealous but sometimes it's too much and know it's beneficial to replace focus on an event you failed at. Does microdosing LSD help with a different way of looking at the situation, moving on with more creatively with another perspective where the same repeated thoughts are thought about many times, like you've programmed them in and want to rid of them , play more useful thoughts, like present moment enjoyment ? What about psilocybin?

Has anyone been through anything similar , microdoses about a month, we're there any negative ,undesirable effects, positive, creative effects that encouraged you to overcome an experience , a failure that felt traumatic, faster than you thought you would have without microdosing, and changed your perspective so it doesnt feel traumatic anymore?
Hello Innerpeace,

The research showed that psychedelics will reduce the activity of the Default Mode Network (DMN) which is connected to recurring thoughts which trauma victims or depression victims experience when our unpleasant thoughts express in a loop.
Psychedelics also build/rebuild connections within the brain.

u find some reasone if they doin well to you and don"t hurt u or ur close people

I once took half a gel tab of acid and it didn't necessarily make me trip but I felt more creative, energized, I felt like I understand everything in a much better sense, it gave me insight, and everything that was happening I felt like the acid was allowing me to adjust to very easily, felt a little body high too

Now whe
I once took half a gel tab of acid and it didn't necessarily make me trip but I felt more creative, energized, I felt like I understand everything in a much better sense, it gave me insight, and everything that was happening I felt like the acid was allowing me to adjust to very easily, felt a little body high too

Now when I did about a gram of shrooms they gave me a warm and fuzzy body high, I saw everything in a new and different perspective, I felt connected to everything, very introspective and insightful thoughts about myself and my connection to the world and it felt very natural and earthy. I know a gram isn't a microdose or even half a gel if acid but I felt like sharing anyway