• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin What reagent is used in this qualitative test for heroin purity?

RedHat

Bluelighter
A while ago I found this Heroin Purity Test Kit for sale online, and I've purchased it a few times and it seems to work alright - granted they do send two different color result charts which is a little confusing, but the chemical inside the ampoules didn't change, according to them.

I'm somewhat familiar with some of these qualitative/quantitive/presumptive tests that are used and they usually name the specific reagent that's used, such as Mandelin reagent, Froehde reagent, Liebermann reagent, Mecke reagent, Simon's reagent, Marquis reagent, , etc. But this one doesn't

There are similar tests from other providers (such as this one from eztestkits or this one from testsure), and they all have the same color result chart, which makes it likely they're using the same reagent. However, none of these providers mention what reagent is in the tests themselves. I don't think it's proprietary because multiple providers sell it. I couldn't find any patents on it either, but perhaps my Google-fu isn't what it use to be.

Does anyone have any idea? I'm rather curious what chemical reagent is used and how the underlying reaction works.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I actually did email the testkitplus folks and asked them what specific reagent was used in the tests, and no surprise, I got no reply with an answer (however they did reply to other questions in other email threads, so I doubt they didn't see the email requesting details).

Hey there! I'm gonna move this over to the science section. Youll get better answers then.