• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What psychedelic would be best for opiate addiction, anxiety, and life orientation?

phillycheese93

Greenlighter
Hi everyone. So a little past history about myself. I was addicted to heroin (IV) and oxycodone (IV and oral) for the last two years. Currently, I do not have an physical addiction to either substance. I detoxed in June 2014 with a 3 month naltrexone treatment, and then relapsed to only using weekends after the treatment wore off. For the past three months I have been using kratom for the cravings and social anxiety and pain, and currently have a physical addiction. The reason for my opiate use was due to severe depression, and debilitating anxiety disorders (generalized, social, and OCD) and moderate to severe pain due to TMJ and a rare inner ear condition, both having an immediate causation due to the anxiety.

Currently taking: clonazepam .5 mg twice daily, and anywhere from 3 to 6 teaspoons of kratom a day.

Past history of psychedelic use: various psilocybin mushrooms strains, LSA, low dose DMT, and MDMA and ketamine (IV and IM) (if you would classify the last two as psychedelics).

What I am expecting out of psychedelic use: Obviously not a cure, but something that will give me a push to get out of this vicious anxiety cycle. Something that is an eye opener and could possibly orient myself towards the right direction in life. I have had this success with LSA. It made me realize what I really want out of life and gave me insight on how I could solve some of my anxiety issues. I don't know how it compares to LSD as I have never really tried it (only tried one hit which wasn't enough for any therapeutic effects).

I am also looking in the possibility of attending an Ayahuasca ceremony in Peru, since I will be visiting a friend over there.

I would appreciate any thoughts or comments. Keep in mind I would detox from the kratom first before doing any psychedelic.

Have you ever looked into ibogaine? I don't have any personal experience, but I have read very positive things about it especially in the treatment of opiate addiction. They also have treatment centers in canada in mexico as well at least.

I'd go for 4HOMET in a case like that.

People describe it as shallow (which I'm not agreeing with) but it is guaranteed euphoric at doses 15-25mg. Also everytime I use it I feel I can be "the best version of myself", realising my good and bad points. And realising that it is OK that way.

After a psychedelic absence of a few months my first 2 trips were 4HOMET just to familiarize myself again with the territory. Worked wonderfully.

These were my notes from the first few times I tried it:
"true soul cleanser. 100% human. Very playful and VERy deep at the same time. true celebration of being (yourself). be your own jesus ;). just try to do your best."

holotropic breathing is good for exposing, confronting, and processing anxiety; releasing it from your inner turmoil. it might be worth it to find a place that is practicing holotropic breathwork.

as for psychedelics; i would recommend ayahuasca, peyote/mescaline (peyote preferably), or ibogaine.

I'd recommend Diazedine, Bromoscaline, Mescaline, MXM, DXO, or Ketamine. I would not recommend any 2,4,5 phenethylamine or DXM, as those drugs are more recreational, not good for introspection.

Ibogaine. It can change your life. It is worth going to mexico to get the full supervised treatment. Don't try to do a flood dose on your own, as it could be bad. Good luck!