• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What part of the bud do you think is the best ?

Billard

Bluelighter
Ok so i was wondering what part of the bud is the best part to smoke? I notice that usualy on bud that the bottom is where the most thc seems to be at.. And also earlier i smoked a little from the bottom of a bud n got ripped but just smoked the top peice and nothing thats what got me wondering now if the bottom is the better part of nugs.. I think it is.. Let me know what you guys think..

Top sections of the colas because they're getting the optimum amount of light. Not sure if it's true, but it seems like it would make sense. People lollipop their plants so most of the energy gets invested into the big chunky tops instead of spending energy to produce the undergrowth / larf nugs. There's a lot of good growers on here though like Artificial Emotion who could explain it a lot better and more in depth than me.

Last edited:
it depends how the nug got to you. if you're getting a sample straight from a grower any part of it should knock your socks off, on the other hand if you get it from a retailer (street dealer) then that nug has passed through the hands of the grower's friends who bag it in bulk, then the middle-man who supplies to the retailers and then finally the retailer who weighs it for you. at any step of that process it's almost guaranteed that one of those actors will be a bastard and skim some of the external glands off the product so by the time it finally reaches the consumer the tops have had most of the THC brushed off and you'll mostly be left with the resin embedded deep in the nug where it can't just be knocked off.

The trichomes are the best part.

thujone no idea where you got that info from, bud without THC isn't a big seller for any dealer & it can't just be brushed off whole buds. Most of the weed here comes from fairly small grow ops & the growers are closely related to the dealers.

Last edited:
I dont mean wich part of the plant obvi the colas best but i mean just a single bud from any part like a 1 g normal nug wich part is better of that nug the top where it cones or the bottom thats more clustered.. Just wondering.. And i never heard of ppl skimming thc off bud.. Thats some crackhead shit if my shit aint crystaly on the outside i wont even grab it i like good looking bud..

The trichomes are the best part.

thujone no idea where you got that info from, bud without THC isn't a big seller for any dealer & it can't just be brushed off whole buds. Most of the weed here comes from fairly small grow ops & the growers are closely related to the dealers.

i got it from the people who have done it. they do it because it's free hash and the consumer has no way of knowing that some of the kief was skimmed off. it's a dead simple process if you've got any amount of cool, dry nugs.

Wouldnt you know something was up if there was like no thc on the outside of the bud? I wouldnt be suprised if somebody done it before though.. But then again we aint smokin regs no more so if the nug aint got crystals on the outside im sure it has been messed with but like i said my shit is usualy fresh n dosent go thru 100 ppl before me so i never had that prob

yeah usually what sells as "regos" could be a grade or two higher if they weren't scuffed, easy to do with them dense hydro nugs just shake them across a screen for a few seconds then back in the bag it goes. if you have a lot of nugs to work with then even just a quick shake across the mesh will add up to a nice little mound of kief

obviously, it's not really possible to do this with nugs that are so resin-soaked that you get finger hash just from handling them

Somebody dumped a bunch of regs on me; dark green, ton of shake, dense little buds. It smells boring, looks like bulk California pot, but it smokes well... It suffices. lol

yeah usually what sells as "regos" could be a grade or two higher if they weren't scuffed, easy to do with them dense hydro nugs just shake them across a screen for a few seconds then back in the bag it goes. if you have a lot of nugs to work with then even just a quick shake across the mesh will add up to a nice little mound of kief

obviously, it's not really possible to do this with nugs that are so resin-soaked that you get finger hash just from handling them

Here it's just sold still a bit wet if they want to try to rip you off. It'll have passed through 2 or 3 peoples hands from the grower. Never heard of "regos".

I still don't believe it's possible/likely to make any difference unless the weed is too dry & the buds broken up. If it's that dry then the hash will fall off anyway. If they dry it to a crisp first then they lost weight on it, as well as the weight of the hash that they'd be unable to sell. If they're selling dry crumbled up buds that would be harder to sell than big fresh sticky ones. Surely if it was a grade or two higher they could sell it for more? It just doesn't really add up, at least not in the weed market here. Maybe it happens in America, but I've never heard of or seen it being done here. It'd be pretty obvious that the bud was dried too much, broken up, had no smell/taste & no crystals.

Sometimes when they'd get kilos of import bud it'd be too dry & packed too tight so some of the hash would come off in the bag, then the dealer would smoke the bottom of the bag stuff, but I haven't even seen any import bud since the pound dropped in value around 2008 & there was the glassweed thing. Buyers just don't trust it if it looks like it came in a brick from Holland, even if they can't see the glass on it & I'm not sure it'd make economic sense to import even if that wasn't the case. It's pretty much all locally grown now. There's been no market for hash here since soapbar (maybe 12 years?) & people would still expect to pay less for hash than top bud.

If people stop buying dodgy gear then dealers soon learn to stop trying to sell it or anything that looks like it. A lot of them don't seem to find it hard to convince their brother/mother/friend to set up a grow, especially if they loan out the equipment.

Last edited:
Somebody dumped a bunch of regs on me; dark green, ton of shake, dense little buds. It smells boring, looks like bulk California pot, but it smokes well... It suffices. lol

I know how it is, here in Houston we have so much green reggie. Everyone wants high quality bud but reggie works just fine for me :)

Salutations Billard,

Ok so i was wondering what part of the bud is the best part... .... Let me know what you guys think...

Well, seriously here's where the « best part » happens to reside exactly:

9ss1g5.jpg

2dweux2.jpg

30blq91.jpg

Good day, have fun!! =D

Nah!...

It's only 2 Mpx resolution though at least it doesn't suffer much chromatic aberration like my previous USB toy. For serious publications as some of those seen in the video below i'd need to get my hands on a 5 Mpx microscope (and why not a wireless one with some delay timer at that!):

It's old but the beauty of dame Cannabis even in her most intimate features will never age... Isn't it?!

Good day, have fun!! =D

GOD cannabis is such a beautiful plant.
I love how trichomes look like little glass mushrooms :p